hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liam Boyce

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's definitely not a Rangers man so perhaps unlikely to end up there
    Neither is O'Halloran - I don't think that makes any difference to Irish players any more. If the money is right, nothing else matters.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Neither is O'Halloran - I don't think that makes any difference to Irish players any more. If the money is right, nothing else matters.
    Always an exception though, couldn't see Stokesy signing for the Huns.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    True - given his strong republican connections, that one is an absolute no.

After his 4 goals last night he'll be away to an English Championship club in the summer i'd think. He's now the league's top scorer having scored 3 more goals than Dembele FFS. He'll now attract the kind of wage offers from England, even from shan wee teams, that will mean we can't compete.

Quote Originally Posted by chlub Hibernian View Post
    You may wish to add James McLean to your exception list.

Now, I am in no way " in the know " but was told that we are def interested and have made opening bid in region of £300k for him. Don't know how reliable source was/is but that's what he said.

£300K for an international who is the top scorer in the top league while we turned down £1.7million for a young boy who hasn't scored in the top league.Think your source may be deluded.Even Hibs wouldn't try that.Particularly when Ross Cos owner is not short of the readies.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    £300K for an international who is the top scorer in the top league while we turned down £1.7million for a young boy who hasn't scored in the top league.Think your source may be deluded.Even Hibs wouldn't try that.Particularly when Ross Cos owner is not short of the readies.
    Only a year left on his deal though. Makes a big difference to the price. And Cummings is 6 years younger with 71 goals to his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Certainly will be a couple of clubs interested in him. Only a year left on his contract. Hope we do get him though.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    That's the food chain though.

Celtic could demand more for a player than hibs could and by the same token we could get more for a player than the likes of Ross county could.

Rightly or wrongly nobody is going to pay £1m+ for a Ross county player.

In all likelihood the best way they could maximise their income from him would be to sell him to a club our size for a relatively modest fee and then get a decent sell on fee %

I think it was this logic that got us such a good deal for John McGinn.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    id imagine the sheep and the huns will be looking at him , probably some english clubs too . unlikely we'd have much chance
    Do without even trying you know we can't compete with the sheep and skint sevco?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    That's the food chain though.

Celtic could demand more for a player than hibs could and by the same token we could get more for a player than the likes of Ross county could.

Rightly or wrongly nobody is going to pay £1m+ for a Ross county player.

In all likelihood the best way they could maximise their income from him would be to sell him to a club our size for a relatively modest fee and then get a decent sell on fee %

I think it was this logic that got us such a good deal for John McGinn.
    I see that as the way we could get our hands on the likes of Boyce or/and Mallan.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I see that as the way we could get our hands on the likes of Boyce or/and Mallan.
    We also have players we may want rid off that could help reduce a fee

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OxoHibby View Post
    Do without even trying you know we can't compete with the sheep and skint sevco?
    Be interested in what the hierarchy in the SPL for next year if there's competition over a player that's going to stay in the league.....

Presumably everyone agrees that if Celtic want them they're going there barring the miraculous event of a player realising that getting well paid but not playing isn't a smart career choice.

Then we're basically talking Hibs, Aberdeen, Hearts and Sevco in some order.

IMO:
    Sevco are probably bottom of that list if there's a transfer fee in the mix as I don't think they have a pot to piss in and King is looking at Caxinha to pluck cheap bargains from the foreign leagues.

I think we edge the yams (just) - financially we're broadly level (although we'd be ahead on possible transfer fees if Cummings and/or McGinn go). Where I think we edge it is having Lennon as the manager which I think would tip the scale to us over Cathro.

Aberdeen for me would probably win a transfer battle for an SPL player: can match the other teams on transfer and wages plus a good manager plus probably the clear 2nd placed team in the league.

I think it's interesting to look at Aberdeen and what types of player we may compete with them on.
    Boyce for example (and I'm inclined to agree with others that he'll be off outside Scotland) - I think Aberdeen wouldn't go for him having already got Rooney on the books.

Either way, and interesting and crucial transfer window.

As much as I'd like this deal to happen, I don't think it will. I can see it being one of those situations where we are interested but never do anything about it then before we know it he's signed a deal with Aberdeen, hearts or Sevco.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

I wonder what effect the possibility of Aberdeen constructing a new stadium will have on their playing budget? I don't know how such things are organised but presumably to keep them in their current status as No. 2 in the league, Stewart Milne will have a separate source of funding for the stadium and told MacInnes he'll have more or less the same as usual.