hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offside

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!

Offside

Maybe I missed something but just to check...

Can you be so far offside that you become onside? Like if you take your offsidedness to extreme lengths...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Depends if the officials deemed the attacker to have deliberately played the ball forward.

Looked to me as if Forsters clearance rebounded off the Raith player into the attackers path.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Garry O'Connor was a million miles offside for his assist in Sparky's goal in the 2012 semi final against Aberdeen. Still amazes me he got away with it

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I was astonished the flag never went up!

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    From were I was sat in the west upper it looked so far offside it was untrue. It all happened so fast and I had an eye on forsters tackle just before the ball went through but it still looked massively offside.

Of course. It's like the rule if you kick a Hibs player really hard. no just hard, it's not a foul. Or if you roll the ball around in the box with your hand for a few seconds rather than just handle it, it's not a pen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends if the officials deemed the attacker to have deliberately played the ball forward.

Looked to me as if Forsters clearance rebounded off the Raith player into the attackers path.
    Not sure if you're having a larf here but accidental or deliberate makes no difference.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

How is that any different to Murray being fouled in the box and his leg playing the ball to Graham when he is falling? From my view it was a penalty (not given) then the boy falls and didn't look like he intended to pass to Graham but because the ball hit off him it landed to Graham and was called offside.

No excuse and I think it depended more on whether the linesman was 10-15 yards behind play (incidentally he was right in front of me and regularly was miles off the pace and clearly seemed to be daydreaming hence flailing attempts to get a sub on even though our entire bench was shouting "lino").

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Of course. It's like the rule if you kick a Hibs player really hard. no just hard, it's not a foul. Or if you roll the ball around in the box with your hand for a few seconds rather than just handle it, it's not a pen.
    Lolz

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Just seen it on ssn, it's onside.

McLean is running out at raith boy times the run and through ball perfectly.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    It was so far offside it actually happened yesterday.

Thought at the time it looked onside. Right in line with it, McLean tries to come out while Hardie is going the other way. A lot of people around me thought the opposite so I'd like to see it again!

Onside, hats off to the west stand lino for getting that right.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lumbo_hfc View Post
    Thought at the time it looked onside. Right in line with it, McLean tries to come out while Hardie is going the other way. A lot of people around me thought the opposite so I'd like to see it again!
    Was it even Hardie that got the ball? I think your recollection of events should be questioned!

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Onside, hats off to the west stand lino for getting that right.
    Fair enough if it was. It was one of those calls that I've always seen given as offside.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Just seen it on ssn, it's onside.

McLean is running out at raith boy times the run and through ball perfectly.
    SSN have tampered with the footage!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Was it even Hardie that got the ball? I think your recollection of events should be questioned!
    Could be wrong with names. Whoever it was looked inside though. That's my point. Again, could be wrong with that and was definitely doubting myself when the amount of people around about me started going crazy at the lino

Quote Originally Posted by SloopJB View Post
    Probably thought they were referring to Kirkcaldy.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Fair enough if it was. It was one of those calls that I've always seen given as offside.
    Always given offside? Even if it's onside? Heard it all now!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Looked a mile offside but McLean played them onside most of the evening so not surprised. Last game he'll play for us.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lumbo_hfc View Post
    Always given offside? Even if it's onside? Heard it all now!
    Have you? I've only heard certain things and only been certain places. Have you heard it all, done it all and been places too? I'm jealous.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Looked a mile offside but McLean played them onside most of the evening so not surprised. Last game he'll play for us.
    Hate to be critical of any Hibs player but that laddie is not a footballer. In fact, as a 35 year old unfit never been, he makes me think I could still make it professionally.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Hate to be critical of any Hibs player but that laddie is not a footballer. In fact, as a 35 year old unfit never been, he makes me think I could still make it professionally.
    I thought he done well tonight and against Dunfermline. Not sure the criticism is justified. Also I thought he was onside fwiw.

Thought McLean looked as if he hadn't played much.Often on the wrong side and a few weak clearing headers.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I thought he done well tonight and against Dunfermline. Not sure the criticism is justified. Also I thought he was onside fwiw.
    Me too, not bad for a stand in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Very harsh on McLean. Can tell he's not played a lot of football recently. Would hate to see your opinion on Forster, who was considerably worse.

If it was onside, then fair play to the Raith lad. However, throughout this season the "assistant referees" in this division have consistently failed to get even the simplest, most basic of decisions right. So, when one of them manages to get a really tough call right, you've got to assume he was guessing and gave any benefit of the doubt to Raith, through choice.

We can only dream of one of these linos giving Hibs a decision like that

Just watched the highlights and he looks miles offside. I must be missing something.

Didn't look offside from where I was standing in the East and I was surprised to see people questioning it online after the match.
    Our penalty claim that was waved away for offside was an utterly baffling decision, however.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    McLean was at least 2 yards behind the rest of the defence all night. Given that it was a brand new back 3 I'll give him some leeway in this but communication should have been better given he's an experienced professional.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk