hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Holt - get him signed!

Class act and could be a great coach in years to come. Well worth another 12 month contract.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Class act and could be a great coach in years to come. Well worth another 12 month contract.
    Lennon has said Holt has other issues to sort out first Sounds like he wants to do coaching and move back south possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Lennon has said Holt has other issues to sort out first Sounds like he wants to do coaching and move back south possibly

Holt wants to stay:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich...rted-1-4986593

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    He helped us get out of the Championship and put his shiftin but this team will move on again next season. We need better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Interesting New he hadnt been offered contract but assumed he had indicated he was mulling over other things he wanted to do
    Lennon realises he needs more goals from Strikers So if Keating's and Boyle both stay and they also want to then Holt may have to be the one to make way for new striker
    Will be interested to see how this one pans out

Blog Entries
    I think Holt and also Keatings have earned the offer of a new contract. Whether the terms of the contract would appeal to them is another matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post

Assuming these "other issues" are sorting his family situation out, IIRC they are still down south so maybe he wants to think before he stays in Scotland for another year

Loved big holty since day one, he's obviously no where near as good as he once was and is probably a wee bit past it, but he works hard and compliments Cummings, when playing against premiership opposition this season he has been brilliant, would love to see him get a chance next year - not as a starter as I feel we could certainly get better, but would be a good player to bring on a bully defences.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Would love Holt to stay!

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    We don't have anyone else like him. doesn't win to many headers but still manages to bully defences.

He has played an enormous part in our promotion and looks like a great character to have around the dressing room. A positive team spirit should never be under estimated and the togetherness of this group of players is probably the best we've had in a long long time.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we are able to get him for another season.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Holt and Keatings must stay next season. Those 2, Cummings and another striker next season would be marvellous.

He's got us up the park, won free kicks,held the ball up and linked in very well with Jason.

He's been a good enough signing this year. Would like to see him stay for another year as I believe against the better sides he's proved his worth.

If he decides it's not for him then he gets my best wishes. As opposed to some of the pricks in our "support" that mock and humour him for various reasons

He'll need to watch his weight in the top league.

Took his goal really well today, wasn't an easy chance

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I think he's different class for a variety of reasons and hope he stays.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member
    Not for me. Like the big man but not enough goals or assists and very little movement. He will be 37 and playing up a level from this year where he has scraped pass marks at best.

Think the club are waiting to see how he does with his coaching badges before offering him a contract

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Would be happy to keep him on as backup next year. He hasn't scored enough goals and his lack of mobility can look pretty bad sometimes, but his link up play and ability to unsettle centre-backs is underrated by a lot of our support IMO. Would be handy to have coming off the bench.

Despite his obvious technical skill, I have doubts about whether he's got the pace to contribute in the premier.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    He's a real hand full and he makes a massive difference when he comes on

What a difference a week makes!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Holt should keep the number 9 shirt for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Despite his obvious technical skill, I have doubts about whether he's got the pace to contribute in the premier.
    That didn't seem to be a problem against the second best team in the Premiership at Hampden last Saturday??

So from this thread we should keep Holt, Keatings, Cummings and Graham has a year left on his deal. That means no new striker for next season.

Holts played against 2 premiership teams this season, Hearts and Aberdeen, and he was excellent in both games!

Maybe hasnt scored a great amount of goals, but his all round play is excellent. Links the play well. Holds the ball up. Plays well with Cummings. Wins free kicks and gives the opposition a nightmare.

As for people making comments about his weight, hes shown more than enough to suggest hes still very fit for a 37 year old man whos had several serious injuries in recent years.

100% sign him up!

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Holts played against 2 premiership teams this season, Hearts and Aberdeen, and he was excellent in both games!

Maybe hasnt scored a great amount of goals, but his all round play is excellent. Links the play well. Holds the ball up. Plays well with Cummings. Wins free kicks and gives the opposition a nightmare.

As for people making comments about his weight, hes shown more than enough to suggest hes still very fit for a 37 year old man whos had several serious injuries in recent years.

100% sign him up!
    Can't believe people want us to go with the same strike force as this season.

@hibs.net private member
    There's no place for sentiment in football. Holt has done well for us but if Lenny thinks there's better out there then then he moves on.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    So from this thread we should keep Holt, Keatings, Cummings and Graham has a year left on his deal. That means no new striker for next season.

Does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Can't believe people want us to go with the same strike force as this season.

Graham will be away and Cummings possibly too. Can't completely change everything at once. We'll still need a new striker in and a good one

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Graham will be away and Cummings possibly too. Can't completely change everything at once. We'll still need a new striker in and a good one
    To be fair, Cummings is the only one of the current strikers that would be difficult to replace.

I'd be disappointed if we went in to next season with the same strikers as this season given the goal return from them this year.