hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brian Graham

Strange signing at the time but understood it was as cover for Holt, for a big lad he was pretty weak, couldn't jump which was weird for a lad of around 6'4" but with him and possibly Holt leaving, maybe Lennon will go for the smaller more mobile striker to partner JC ( or whoever if JC leaves too ).

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strange signing at the time but understood it was as cover for Holt, for a big lad he was pretty weak, couldn't jump which was weird for a lad of around 6'4" but with him and possibly Holt leaving, maybe Lennon will go for the smaller more mobile striker to partner JC ( or whoever if JC leaves too ).
    I wouldn't say he couldn't jump. He had a decent enough game at Greenock the other week, winning a reasonable amount in the air.

He scored a couple of very good goals (the Morton one mentioned above and another one at the same end when he chested it down and finished - can't remember who against) and he got a couple of scrappy but important ones.

He played his part but I don't know if he's quite good enough for the step up next year.

Far from our worst signing, he put in a shift when asked and we should be grateful for his contribution if he does move on.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think he's been decent when given the chance. Good luck to him, played his part and made a reasonable contribution.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I hope he stays. Still has a year left IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    If Graham does go and with Holt not being offered a new deal and potential of some kinda bid for JC our striking targets need to be Identified asap. Not saying JC would go but I hope they have solid targets in mind
    I thought everyone out of contract had been offered a deal?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    People might have been offered deals but maybe not as good as the deal they're currently on.

Wish him all the best but if we can bring better and more goals, it's a good move.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Lennon and Holt have both confirmed that Holt hasn't been offered anything yet. Lennon says Holt is an isolated circumstance - he wants him to stay but might be outwith his control.

Wasnt the worst striker ive seen at ER. Good luck to him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good news.

Nope neither Holt ot Humphrey have according to EEN today

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Lennon and Holt have both confirmed that Holt hasn't been offered anything yet. Lennon says Holt is an isolated circumstance - he wants him to stay but might be outwith his control.
    Hadn't seen that. Cheers.

Hopeless footballer. Good riddance (hopefully)

@hibs.net private member
    Is this being reported anywhere? Hope it's true as we need a lot better than him next year and it will help to get him off the wage bill.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I wouldn't say he couldn't jump. He had a decent enough game at Greenock the other week, winning a reasonable amount in the air.

He scored a couple of very good goals (the Morton one mentioned above and another one at the same end when he chested it down and finished - can't remember who against) and he got a couple of scrappy but important ones.

He played his part but I don't know if he's quite good enough for the step up next year.

Far from our worst signing, he put in a shift when asked and we should be grateful for his contribution if he does move on.
    When he came on against Aberdeen it was obviously cos we were going to be going long.

I'm sure his first aerial challenge was against Logan, probably the smallest guy in their team, and he got beat to the ball. Brutal.

He's ****ing diddy.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Just clearing the decks for you know who...

Deek? (could still do a job)

Surprised he is getting as good a move as St Johnstone.

tbf to him though, recently I felt he offered a lot more than holt and could actually see him scoring or causing a threat to the opposition.

Holt however won me over on Saturday.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Surprised he is getting as good a move as St Johnstone.

tbf to him though, recently I felt he offered a lot more than holt and could actually see him scoring or causing a threat to the opposition.

Holt however won me over on Saturday.

Thought he was always more of a goal threat than Holt ever was 9except for his MOTM performance on Saturday)

The only combination we didn't see up front during the season was Holt & Graham and I was hoping we might see that in the last three games. It might have just worked, or it could have been a comedy?

Best curb the excitement. There is but 1 single submission an hour ago asking about this possible transfer on the St Johnstone supporters forum and a single piss take reply to it.
    Think it is wishful thinking on our part.

Graham was brought in as a cheap option for our fourth striker.

I expected him to be kept in that role for next season because he was under contract but if he has the chance to go elsewhere for regular football then I'll wish him luck except against us.

However if Graham is away and Holt's future is up in the air, I can only assume that we're ready to make our move for two new strikers as soon as the season is over. That could suggest that the players in question are under contract for next year or else there would be rumours about pre-contracts being signed.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Thought he would do well here, but every time hes had his chance hes flattered to deceive. Pretty certain he wouldnt have left Ross Co if he knew he would be back up to Holt, only start 8 games and most of his appearances be 10 min cameos when we are struggling.

If we are lining up a better replacement for him then happy for him to go. The Dutch lad we are apparently after fits the bill.

Thanks Brian for your contribution to our title winning season and good luck for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    Deek? (could still do a job)

Folk do realise this isn't confirmed anywhere right?? Think we r all getting a bit excited he isn't gone yet

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Had a huge hand in a huge victory for us at a time when results weren't great, too many draws. He was the one who won a header and flicked the ball on to Keatings to then score the winner against chorus tons hammer throwers. Good luck to him if he leaves. As someone said earlier, not the worst I've seen at ER.

I heard a couple of randoms talking about it on the 26 bus, so it definitely must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I heard a couple of randoms talking about it on the 26 bus, so it definitely must be true.
    Think your wrong btw. I heard Jordi and Antonio talking about it whilst they were in the Greggs queue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Hopefully for him he will get a regular game and that might help him get going. Signing for a top six team is not a bad move.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    He's a penalty box striker and that's it. He'll probably end up with a one in three goal record next year if he gets consistent game time at wherever he ends up.

Limited, but hardly the huddy some are making out.

Good news. Wish him all the best. But good for move both parties

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Lovely through balls to Humphrey tonight. The first goal came from one. Was poor in the air to be fair. Played decent with his back to goal tonight. I actually think he's better on the deck than in the air.

Good luck to him, thought he was a trier, but we need to signing players who are a lot better. I'd be very surprised if the St J story was true.