hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team for Raith

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Team for Raith

I know there was some chat about the remaining dead rubbers before the semi but now we don't have the cup final to build towards, what's everyone's thoughts for tomorrow and the remaining fixtures?

For the next 2 games I would rest all players that have had a long season, especially the likes of McGinn who has looked tired for a few months. I'd also rest those who will not feature next season such as Efe and anyone being released. I would give any players who NL is still undecided about 2 full games and throw is a couple of youngsters. Then for the St Mirren game, I'd revert back to the strongest squad to allow those who contributed most to enjoy the celebrations. I do not care that we will influence relegation spots, it's all about preparing for next season now. The relatively early finish will hopefully do us good with everyone refreshed, niggle free and raring to go.
    Last edited by Frazerbob; 25-04-2017 at 09:27 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know there was some chat about the remaining dead rubbers before the semi but now we don't have the cup final to build towards, what's everyone's thoughts for tomorrow and the remaining fixtures?

For the next 2 games I would rest all players that have had a long season, especially the likes of McGinn who has looked tired for a few months. I'd also rest those who will not feature next season such as Efe and anyone being released. I would give any players who NL is still undecided about 2 full games and throw is a couple of youngsters. Then for the St Mirren game, I'd revert back to the strongest squad to allow those who contributed most to enjoy the celebrations. I do not care that we will influence relegation spots, it's all about preparing for next season now. The long summer (relatively for us) will hopefully do us good with everyone refreshed, niggle free and raring to go.
    I agree. Players like David Gray, Lewis Stevenson, Darren McGregor and John McGinn have played a lot of games over the last 2 seasons. I'd give them a bit of a rest before going out and trying to win the last game of the season to end on a high.

It might benefit us that the Championship season finishes earlier than the Premiership. We finish on 6th May but the Premiership doesn't finish until 21st May with Aberdeen and Celtic also playing the final on 27th May. It'll hopefully mean our players will come back in for pre-season having had a really good break and raring to go. Sometimes you get the impression players aren't too happy at only getting a 3/4 week break and having to return to pre-season in late June/early July.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I'd like to see us freshened up, with maybe Humphrey and Harris on the wings, and Scott Martin in midfield.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Marciano

Gray
    Forster
    McGregor
    Stevenson

Humphrey
    Martin
    McGinn
    Harris

Holt
    Cummings

Subs: Laidlaw, Ambrose, Fyvie, F. Murray, Keatings, Boyle, Donaldson
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Full rotation for me

Laidlaw

Sir David
    Forster
    Efe/McGregor
    Crane?

Humphrey
    Martin
    Fyvie
    Harris

Keats
    Shaw/Grahame

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1875 View Post
    Full rotation for me

Laidlaw

Sir David
    Forster
    Efe/McGregor
    Crane?

Humphrey
    Martin
    Fyvie
    Harris

Keats
    Shaw/Grahame
    Crane is injured. Shaw is out on loan.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

I'd love Gray and Stevenson to get a proper rest, also don't want to see hanlon back this season. Let Dylan get a proper rest.

Bring in the two Murray boys from the dev team, maybe Donaldson also. Full games for Martin, Humphrey, Harris. Last i heard Crane was out injured.

These games are now nothing more than friendlies and we need to play as many of the kids as possible.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Rocky

Efe
    Forster
    McGregor
    Crane (if fit, if not Stevenson)

Boyle
    Martin
    McGinn
    F.Murray

Cumdog
    Holt

Id use last 3 to rotate.

Question, guys like Shaw who are on development loans, can they play??

I know a "Normal" loan they can't, are dev loans different?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Marciano

Stevenson
    Ambrose
    McGregor
    Forster

Harris
    Fyvie
    Martin
    Humphrey

Keatings
    Cummings

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Rocky

Forster
    Efe
    McLean
    Stevenson

Harris
    Martin
    Fyvie
    Humphrey

Keatings
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Rocky

Forster
    Efe
    McLean
    Stevenson

Harris
    Martin
    Fyvie
    Humphrey

Keatings
    Graham
    Rests most of our regulars and gives game time to fringe players, so this would be a good choice.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Marciano

Forster Ambrose Mclean

Harris Fyvie Martin Humphrey

Keatings

Graham Cummings

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Would be unfair on St.Mirren to play a weakened team against RR & Ayr who are their relegation rivals and then full strength against them. Need to decide what sort of team we want to put out and remain consistent against all three

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I would put out a decent team, give one or two a chance that deserve it but other than that put out the regulars to try and win the game.

I think it is wrong to put out a weak team cos we have won the League, it's not fair on opponents who are scrapping to avoid relegation. All three of our opponents are fighting to avoid the drop.

We wouldn't like it if somebody put out a weak team next season against somebody we were say neck and neck with in a race for a Europa Cup League place.

Another reason for me personally is we haven't beaten Raith this season and would like to turn them over, Skacel, Hughes, etc.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Only thing I'd like to see the Keatings get a run up top again

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I would put out a decent team, give one or two a chance that deserve it but other than that put out the regulars to try and win the game.

I think it is wrong to put out a weak team cos we have won the League, it's not fair on opponents who are scrapping to avoid relegation. All three of our opponents are fighting to avoid the drop.

We wouldn't like it if somebody put out a weak team next season against somebody we were say neck and neck with in a race for a Europa Cup League place.

Another reason for me personally is we haven't beaten Raith this season and would like to turn them over, Skacel, Hughes, etc.
    Skacel is suspended.

First Team Breakthrough
    Fraser Murray and Scott Martin aren't playing for the youth team today so maybe they're in line for some game time.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I'd forgotten about McLean, after deputising for Hanlon and having a fine game i'd be tempted to try him out for the rest of the season.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Give the players out of contract a who arent the usual starts, i.e McGregor, Holt, Gray & Stevenson a chance to win a new deal!

Humphreys
    Laidlaw
    Keatings
    Harris
    McLean
    Probably missed a few

Rotate the youngsters in as required.

Play the fringe players and tinker with different formations.

They'll still perform if they know what's good for them.

I'd leave out any of the players who aren't likely to be with us next year, if we can.

Would be good to see some of the young players get a couple of games, but only if they deserve it. I don't think any of them should be getting a run out for the first team just for the sake of it. Fraser Murray seems to have done well for the 20s and I've seen some positive comments from Lennon about him before. With him not playing for the development side today you'd think he might be involved.

Laidlaw
    Humphrey Forster McLean Mackie
    Murray Martin Shinnie Harris
    Graham Keatings

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

What if we play the back ups and youths against all three, or at least against Raith and Ayr by which point St Mirren may be safe anyway as they play Raith on Saturday?

Raith and Ayr then meet in the final week.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    What if we play the back ups and youths against all three, or at least against Raith and Ayr by which point St Mirren may be safe anyway as they play Raith on Saturday?

Raith and Ayr then meet in the final week.
    Don't think st Mirren can be safe by the time they play Hibs, they only have one game

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'd give the players that will be here next season the rest of the season off, let them all be refreshed and ready to go next season.

Not bothered about upsetting other clubs, Hibs are our priority and the only team that matters is us.

We have won the opportunity to do as we wish, the others will just have to suck it up.

Next season is as important a season as i can remember in a very long time, i think we should look after number 1, and give ourselves the best preparation and best chance of a good start.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd give the players that will be here next season the rest of the season off, let them all be refreshed and ready to go next season.

Not bothered about upsetting other clubs, Hibs are our priority and the only team that matters is us.

We have won the opportunity to do as we wish, the others will just have to suck it up.

Next season is as important a season as i can remember in a very long time, i think we should look after number 1, and give ourselves the best preparation and best chance of a good start.
    Totally agree.

Our full strength sides haven't beaten Raith Rovers in three games this season anyway. Haven't done that well against Ayr and Saints in a couple as well.

Laidlaw

Gray
    McLean
    Forster
    Crane/Mackie

Humphrey
    Martin
    Fyvie
    Harris

Keatings
    Graham

I really don't care about being fair to St Mirren or whatever. We have earned the right to do as we like. Try a few youngsters and play those out of contract and see where we are at.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Don't think st Mirren can be safe by the time they play Hibs, they only have one game
    Oops - I should have checked the table. For some reason I thought St Mirren were 8th and Raith 9th, not the other way round with Raith a point ahead.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Skacel is suspended.
    Realise that but still want to beat them as he is part of the Raith squad and for his nonsense the last time at Easter Road.