hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Keep the Faith For Raith Anybody?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nah - season's over

41 42.27%
  • For sure - salute our brave boys

49 50.52%
  • Not sure at the moment

7 7.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the local Fife paper it says that Hughes will be asking us for permission to play Danny Handling. Would have thought given the circumstances that we would agree.
    I'd let him. Would be a good indicator if he has a future at Hibs whether he can perform against players of our calibre.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Saving my powder for the last game of the season when we get the trophy presentation.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I'd let him. Would be a good indicator if he has a future at Hibs whether he can perform against players of our calibre.
    At least we didn't forget to put a clause in the contract this time like the last time we loaned Raith a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Totally owns us?!! You are joking right?!!
    Yip

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    In the local Fife paper it says that Hughes will be asking us for permission to play Danny Handling. Would have thought given the circumstances that we would agree.
    Not sure that would be fair on the others down there.

Let's just stick to the agreement.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    On the other hand as Danny is one of our own, he might be treated a bit more lightly than the other Raith players. We don't want Hibs accused of lying down in what is an important game for Raith.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    100% - although slightly concerned that Skacel sneaks in a 5-1 and totally owns us.
    Why does he keep flashing his IQ, 51?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AZhibee View Post
    Why does he keep flashing his IQ, 51?
    It's actually 15 but he keeps getting the numbers muddled.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Saving my powder for the last game of the season when we get the trophy presentation.
    Jamie Insall should have taken your advice.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Genuinely couldn't give a monkies about a GoH to be perfectly honest. If they give us one then good on them but if they don't I wont be roaring and greeting, getting my knickers all in a twist like the yams did 2 years ago. Unlike them, if we don't get one i'm not going to give it the whole faux outrage routine and start trying to take some big moral high ground.

Its 10 seconds (if that) of applause. Nice gesture if done but if clubs decide against it then its really not a big deal. The yams were cringworthy the way they carried on after they won it. They wanted not one but multiple guards of honour and some were even calling for an open top bus parade - ffs its the scottish championship not the bloody champions league, get over yourselves! Pretty funny considering these are the same people calling us a "wee team" for celebrating winning the league cup!

As for the whole Skacel element, if Raith do give us a GoH I would kind of wish he was there and not suspended. Not for some petty one up "waaay Skacel has to applaud us" kind of thing (although his face would be pretty funny) but he would more than likely attempt yet another wee gesture to sook up to the maroon tramps. Such gesture would yet again show him up for the classless, attention seeking wee scrote he is. Mind you as if any more evidence is needed to prove that!

"Guard of honour" - what a load of nonsense.

If teams/players are dragooned into doing it (by whom I often wonder?) it's just false. I'll bet quite a few of the players concerned don't genuinely want to do it, and are just going through the motions.

When did all this kaka start with 'guard of honour'? I don't think it's something that should be done regardless of the league not something to stand on ceremony for. It's up to the fans to show our respect to the team (which we have in abundance the last couple of games). Let them get on with playing the game.

You'd probably get a number of players wanting to do kaepernik!!😂
    Last edited by Fuzzywuzzy; 25-04-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Skacel is suspended for this game but still wouldnt rule him out trying to gain some attention.

Will probably pay for a plane with a banner to fly over the ground.
    'Will probably pay ......... ' and the subject-matter is Skacel ??

He'd more than likely HIRE and then invoice Ann Budge - but the risk-factor for when the old-biddy over at the PBS received it, would be high. After the season they've had (despite Hearts being their own usual pre-season favourites to win the league and both cups - especially after hiring the new 'Alex Ferguson') I don't think her wrinkled, auld ticker could take much more - if any ??. Rudi might not dare risk the well-being of 'She-who-signs-the-cheques' as she has a lot more money than 'Them-who-bake-the-cakes' - anything happens to AB and it could mean no more 'expenses paid' for their fund-raisers featuring 'ex-legends'() ....................

I am surprised people have such a problem with it, who really cares it's so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things can't say I am bothered either way. If they get one then fine fair play it not won't make me think any less of them.

Thank god we are in a position to be discussing it is the main thing for me.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I am surprised people have such a problem with it, who really cares it's so irrelevant in the grand scheme of things can't say I am bothered either way. If they get one then fine fair play it not won't make me think any less of them.

Thank god we are in a position to be discussing it is the main thing for me.
    Agree with this 100%
    I'm just glad to be getting out this division

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    D'oh, voted for the salute but thought the poll was about turning up for the game. Not remotely interested in a GofH, would be embarrassing.
    GG

Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post
    D'oh, voted for the salute but thought the poll was about turning up for the game. Not remotely interested in a GofH, would be embarrassing.
    GG
    This. I thought the same when I voted.

As for the guard of honour - nah. If Hibs were to ever give any one a guard of honour I'd be raging. Quicker this type of thinbg is knocked on the head the better.

EZ

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sure hertz are still asking for a guard of honour after each win

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Genuinely couldn't give a monkies about a GoH to be perfectly honest. If they give us one then good on them but if they don't I wont be roaring and greeting, getting my knickers all in a twist like the yams did 2 years ago. Unlike them, if we don't get one i'm not going to give it the whole faux outrage routine and start trying to take some big moral high ground.

Its 10 seconds (if that) of applause. Nice gesture if done but if clubs decide against it then its really not a big deal. The yams were cringworthy the way they carried on after they won it. They wanted not one but multiple guards of honour and some were even calling for an open top bus parade - ffs its the scottish championship not the bloody champions league, get over yourselves! Pretty funny considering these are the same people calling us a "wee team" for celebrating winning the league cup!

As for the whole Skacel element, if Raith do give us a GoH I would kind of wish he was there and not suspended. Not for some petty one up "waaay Skacel has to applaud us" kind of thing (although his face would be pretty funny) but he would more than likely attempt yet another wee gesture to sook up to the maroon tramps. Such gesture would yet again show him up for the classless, attention seeking wee scrote he is. Mind you as if any more evidence is needed to prove that!

100% My Thoughts Exactly..

Had a good chuckle at the Raith boys who refused to clap!!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Was it not most of them that didn't clap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I had a bigger chuckle at gimps such as Thomson and their number 55 storming straight off the park at full time without exchanging handshakes. Get it right up ye.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I had a bigger chuckle at gimps such as Thomson and their number 55 storming straight off the park at full time without exchanging handshakes. Get it right up ye.
    Bobby Barr clapped us last time iirc...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Yep, that was really pleasing. All but 4 off them stomped off in a huge cream puff.

Nice.

Bobby Barr - wee Hun. He was raging. Hope they go down.

Really hope the go down. Any team that employs gonzo is fair game for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk