hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Yogi

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One thing about Hughes is that he never accepts responsibility when things go against him. It's always someone else's fault.

At Hibs is was Petrie and at Raith it was the players' to blame. He took over when they were 8th in the league and managed to do a Butcher's job with them.

His interviews about hard working lads, boiler suits, putting a shift in etc mean nothing. What does a 20yo laddie care about how hard a miner had to work to put food on the table?

He's living in a bygone age that he didn't even belong to. A total slaver that could give Cathro a run for his money when it comes to football chat.
    He is a slaver, but hardly think that taking the Raiths from 8th to 9th puts him in the same bracket as the butcher man.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    He is a slaver, but hardly think that taking the Raiths from 8th to 9th puts him in the same bracket as the butcher man.
    got a Raith mate who pretty much said the same thing, did a Butcher to them, went in told them the were all rubbish.....still expected them to play for him

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Said it before and I'll say it again; Yogi is a ****ing buffoon.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Left by mutual consent!
    A big half-wit who in fairness has had a very good career in football as both a player and manager.

His rant on TV sounded like he'd lost the plot and did absolutely nothing for team morale by simply saying they were all crap and had no fight or professionalism about them, questioning their commitment to the cause, very Butcheresque and got the negative reaction from the players you'd expect.

Look at Redknapp, goes into Birmingham job, bigs up the players by saying they're a decent bunch of guys and just need a bit of structure and belief, surprise surprise he keeps them in the championship.

@hibs.net private member
    Yogi slaughters players publicly, players don't like it, don't want to play for him and lose. I'm not saying yogi is/was a good manager but I have a problem with modern day players mentality, it was obvious for weeks they were well underperforming so when they are criticised for it they spit the dummy out!? Terrible and they should be ashamed, surely they would have some pride about them. The players relegated the club, not yogi.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Yogi slaughters players publicly, players don't like it, don't want to play for him and lose. I'm not saying yogi is/was a good manager but I have a problem with modern day players mentality, it was obvious for weeks they were well underperforming so when they are criticised for it they spit the dummy out!? Terrible and they should be ashamed, surely they would have some pride about them. The players relegated the club, not yogi.

Was the same thing not said about our players when they went down, then you find out through sources and interviews just exactly what was happening behind the scenes re bullying of young players, others being treating disrespectfully, it doesn't make for a happy workplace. Footballers or not they have to enjoy what they do, if you dread going into work every day because of the management or the stress, then you won't work to your best.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    https://www.soccerpunter.com/soccer-...aith_Rovers_FC

Raith only lost 3 of their first 11 games.

They must have been expecting the play-offs in the fist part of the season.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Yogi wasn't exactly a good manager for us, but I don't get the hate on here for him - we got to Europe in his first season and he's a Hibby. Why isn't there similar hate for, say, Mixu or Fenlon?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    No hate from me, I just don't rate him as a manager and his recent rant was ridiculous.

The press loved it though for some reason and he's held up as example of, well, something, not sure what though.

All the 'heart on the sleeve' guff really bugs me. Just listen back to his interview. What does he actually say? It's all cliché's and sound bites that mean nowt.

He's like a Hibs version of Billy Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Yogi wasn't exactly a good manager for us, but I don't get the hate on here for him - we got to Europe in his first season and he's a Hibby. Why isn't there similar hate for, say, Mixu or Fenlon?
    Check the Pet Peeves thread regarding hate/haters..

As for why there's such criticism here of Yogi and not of Mixu or Fenlon it's most likely because the thread is about Yogi!
    The other two have had plenty grief in previous threads over the years.

Left by mutual consent!
    So Yogi = Cockwomble. I'm glad we all agree. Thanks for deleting my earlier post.

First Team Breakthrough

???

Quote Originally Posted by Slavoj Zizek View Post
    So Yogi = Cockwomble. I'm glad we all agree. Thanks for deleting my earlier post.
    Maybe it's more to do with Dennis Neilson, no.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam978 View Post
    Maybe it's more to do with Dennis Neilson, no.
    Is that who my avatar is [!?!]

Cool story bro

Swing and a miss there Ace.

Anything to contribute about Yogi's horrendous record @ Raith?

Funny if you don't think he's a good manager you seem to fall into the "hate" team.

I don't hate Yogi, I do think he's a poor manager with tactics that's now long done in modern football. Just like Butcher's (who I do hate).

Yogi isn't thick but he loves playing the daft guy fi Leith, and it's tiresome. Be surprised if he manages at any level other than lower league from now on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Funny if you don't think he's a good manager you seem to fall into the "hate" team.

I don't hate Yogi, I do think he's a poor manager with tactics that's now long done in modern football. Just like Butcher's (who I do hate).

Yogi isn't thick but he loves playing the daft guy fi Leith, and it's tiresome. Be surprised if he manages at any level other than lower league from now on.
    Great post.

This is where I am at.

I neither "love" nor "hate" Yogi

FWIW: He is a great guy to have a few pints with in the Percy.

But I would not trust him to manage my Leith Athletic U16 team when I'm on holiday.

A good Hibbie and a great guy but it's shame he did not really crack on after winning the cup with ICT.

I wish him all the best.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Said it before and I'll say it again; Yogi is a ****ing buffoon.
    Maybe go and find him and say that to his face....no I thought not

He`s got a very impressive record as a manager - took us to Europe in only full season in charge , won cup with ICT , 2 (?) cup finals and some good league positions with Falkirk and I hope Raith`s relegation ( were close to avoiding playoffs ) doesn`t prevent him getting a good job at another club . For some reason he`s always got some abuse from a small % of our support even before results went downhill . Here it seems to often be from fellow Leithers so maybe it`s more a personal thing than football one .

Quote Originally Posted by ladystanton View Post
    Maybe go and find him and say that to his face....no I thought not
    It's funny that some managers gets jobs despite their record (The Butcher, Zola, etc) and others with decent records (such as Yogi, Warnock, etc) always seem to have to justify their previous track records..
    Last edited by Is It On....; 23-05-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    He`s got a very impressive record as a manager - took us to Europe in only full season in charge , won cup with ICT , 2 (?) cup finals and some good league positions with Falkirk and I hope Raith`s relegation ( were close to avoiding playoffs ) doesn`t prevent him getting a good job at another club . For some reason he`s always got some abuse from a small % of our support even before results went downhill . Here it seems to often be from fellow Leithers so maybe it`s more a personal thing than football one .
    This!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by slavoj zizek View Post
    is that who my avatar is [!?!]

cool story bro

swing and a miss there ace.

Anything to contribute about yogi's horrendous record @ raith?
    you need serious help,my sister in law's wee brother was murdered by that sicko, and we as a family that includes yogi, find it very offensive.

Another thread hijacked by 1 or 2 attention seekers that has now started to offend people.

I think everything has been said that needs to be.

Thread closed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years