hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Yogi

@hibs.net private member
    Think Raith will struggle financially if they get relegated. Hope they stay up. Always felt sorry for them having to build the new stand look at Ross County with their temporary thing.they

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was 4th in the league. We haven't been that high since. You can pick out individual games where we did poorly but he got us 4th. We haven't had a manager since who got close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The wheels had come off the wagon when he left though as we were one point off the bottom of the table and had an overall win rate at Hibs of 35% so not a huge surprise he left. The selling of Stokes and bringing in Darryl Duffy and Trakys must go down as an appalling piece of business.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://twitter.com/grantsandison/st...27974643548160

Absolutely brilliant interview with Yogi after the game yesterday. I was going to call it a rant but that wouldn't be fair on the guy. He may not come across as the most eloquent of speakers but if you can look past that he talks a lot of sense.

Hope Raith stay up.
    That rant is straight out of the Terry Butcher school of motivational management with exactly the same end result.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Delighted Raith are down.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I know it was fourth. We were neck and neck with the hun just before new year and looking like we could split the uglies. Then it fell apart and we were lucky to make it to 4th. We'd have been delighted with that at the start of the season but the way it panned out was pretty disappointing. We could and maybe should have finished even higher that season. That's my take on it anyway.
    We were stealing results and playing poorly but Deeks and Stokes were scoring goals with any chance that came their way.
    I remember my mate & I saying that once started to play better we would be right up there.
    Alas, our form never changed but the goals dried up and we were shown up for what we really were - a poor team.
    Well at least that's my memory of those days.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Although I'm sure his heart is in the right place, Yogi is a slavering buffoon, IMO. His interview the other week was embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/0...form=hootsuite

He's not wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One of my memories of his time in charge was a cracking period up till the turn of the year followed by a distinct sense that the other teams had figured out how we play and realised there was no plan B.

A key thing I'm looking for in a Hibs manager these days is them having two or three gameplans and formations drilled into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Although I'm sure his heart is in the right place, Yogi is a slavering buffoon, IMO. His interview the other week was embarrassing.
    Spot on... reminded me too much off Butcher. Slating players in public when they need to win a game to survive will never ever be the right move.

An absolute slaver of the highest degree. Not at all surprised his motivational "honest" approach has resulted in relegation

It came across a bit Billy Brownish really. I think he was trying to do a Lennon and get a reaction but it didn't quite work. If it had and they had stayed up then he would have been hailed as a bit of a Raith legend and his rant as some sort of masterstroke. Fine margins.

No doubt he will turn up on BBC radio as a "sage" !

Like yogi but was always going to be a task with raith sure he will bounce back

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    The wheels had come off the wagon when he left though as we were one point off the bottom of the table and had an overall win rate at Hibs of 35% so not a huge surprise he left. The selling of Stokes and bringing in Darryl Duffy and Trakys must go down as an appalling piece of business.
    If I recall right, it was very close to the deadline? I wonder who made the decision to take the cash then? That would explain the panic buys you refer to.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    That rant is straight out of the Terry Butcher school of motivational management with exactly the same end result.
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Spot on... reminded me too much off Butcher. Slating players in public when they need to win a game to survive will never ever be the right move.
    Summed up perfectly for me also gents.

after the 6 6 Motherwell game notice that buzz Smith in goals for Brechin on sat

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    after the 6 6 Motherwell game notice that buzz Smith in goals for Brechin on sat
    Hope Alloa pump them if that's the case! Horrible keeper. We had a 'school' of keepers to chose from at the time and Hughes gave him games😩.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    Hope Alloa pump them if that's the case! Horrible keeper. We had a 'school' of keepers to chose from at the time and Hughes gave him games😩.
    We didn't really, they were all injured.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    A bit of revisionism going on here I think. The accusation at the time wasn't that RP was 'penny pinching' but that he wasn't 'speculating to accumulate'.

Spending money you don't have - ring any bells?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    A bit of revisionism going on here I think. The accusation at the time wasn't that RP was 'penny pinching' but that he wasn't 'speculating to accumulate'.

Spending money you don't have - ring any bells?

It's not just about the budget, the whole club was in a rut and not supporting the manager as it should.

To his credit, Rod belatedly realised this and hired Leeann, and she oversaw the overall of the football dept.

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=bigwheel;5043820]Honestly, in all the years on this

Agree with you bigwheel. there is no need for that kind of comment.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Honestly, in all the years on this - i think this is probably the rudest post i've ever read....bet your have never even met the guy..
    And would certainly not say it to his face.

Yip. It was an utter embarrassment for him. Right up there with the Cathro's of this world. And that's BAD!

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Like yogi but was always going to be a task with raith sure he will bounce back
    Aye, bounce back as a bed salesman or summin

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We really love to rip to shreds Hibs legends on here don't we.

Yogi gave his all as both player and manager for Hibs and any mistakes or poor runs of form from the team weren't down to any lack of effort from the man.

I would say Yogi has earned a bit of respect from supporters.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

Yogi gave his all as both player and manager for Hibs and any mistakes or poor runs of form from the team weren't down to any lack of effort from the man.

When you look at the effort and attitude of some managers since Yogi then what you say is 100% correct. Managers and players fail as long as they are giving there all then fair enough.

Yogi IMO doesn't deserve some of the stuff said but hey ho.

He's left without a name in an article in today's Daily Mail.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

"We really love to rip to shreds Hibs legends on here don't we." - not that I've noticed to be honest.

Anyway, do you really think we should be supporting Yogi and slating RP for not backing him?

RP isn't worthy of respect then?

If Yogi cannot accept his own shortcomings then in that respect he won't get respect.

Coaching Staff
    A mixed bag for Yogi. ICT had one of their most successful seasons with him in charge winning the cup, he took Falkirk up and were beaten finalists. However, he's overseen Hartlepool and Raith being demoted - neither of which were entirely of his doing. I like the guy and think he gets a lot of unjustified stick.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    One thing about Hughes is that he never accepts responsibility when things go against him. It's always someone else's fault.

At Hibs is was Petrie and at Raith it was the players' to blame. He took over when they were 8th in the league and managed to do a Butcher's job with them.

His interviews about hard working lads, boiler suits, putting a shift in etc mean nothing. What does a 20yo laddie care about how hard a miner had to work to put food on the table?

He's living in a bygone age that he didn't even belong to. A total slaver that could give Cathro a run for his money when it comes to football chat.

I think he's finding it very easy to have a pop at Petrie. I think a lot more blame goes Yogi's way.
    The players he had at his disposal that first year were doing really well until the Rangers game around Christmas then the wheels fell off...big time. Those players weren't crap, they were good enough to get a good league position and play some good football.
    And as for that Motherwell game...dear God, how any manager could defend his performance in that game I don't know. Once we were 6-2 up he just needed to get the guys doing a workmanlike performance - we've seen those hundred times in the past few years - sit back and soak it up. He didn't do that - totally his fault, although yes, Smith was horrendous.
    And Stokes and Riordan on the bench in our European match. Wtf?!
    Petrie, I think, backed up the team really well. In little over a year we brough in Riordan, Stokes and Millar - all of them big prospects and ones we were truly excited about. We then watched a team with that calibre of player ditch 4 goals against Motherwell in a matter of minutes, no wonder Rod was a bit more circumspect after that. He must have felt totally short changed...and let's face it, it's due to not sp&*&*ng the cash that means we have a great stadium and no cake bakes/embarassing fund raising.
    Finally, another thing about that Motherwell game, 6-2 up and they go 6-3 and I think "oh God, can we hold on to a 3 goal lead...I don't think we can". Not only did I think this at the time, a lot of people on here thought it too! That wasn't down to Petrie...
    Revisionist thinking at best Yogi.