hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yogi

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    He's got a short short memory.

Woeful, headscratching signings for example the infamous 'goalie school' and baffling tactics week after week. He's lucky he even seen the end of that season as we were in complete and utter freefall and never even looked like making the top 4 atbne point. Most of us wanted him out after the Ross County replay
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course Lennon was backed. The main aim was to win promotion. The box was ticked a week and a half ago. Job done for everyone at the club. Why on earth would you spend more money than was necessary?

I would like to see what wages Graham, Humphrey and Holt are on plus the money we had to lay out to Celtic for Ambrose and Commons. Budgets can be either on wages, on transfers or both.

Lennon's problems have been and he's admitted it himself was the players he brought in haven't produced enough, we're talking Holt and Graham here, these 2 have been a massive let down in their goals return, yea ok Holt has had a few good games but we signed him as a scorer, that's why we've had to grind out so many draws to win the league.

Coaching Staff
    He's done all right for a supposed buffoon. We'd take being 4th most years. I think given a bit of time to build the squad he would have added the type of players we needed when things were more of a battle.

That second half of the season we had some key injuries, the pitches were particularly bad and we ripped out the East stand. We just didn't have the players to adapt.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I would like to see what wages Graham, Humphrey and Holt are on plus the money we had to lay out to Celtic for Ambrose and Commons. Budgets can be either on wages, on transfers or both.

Lennon's problems have been and he's admitted it himself was the players he brought in haven't produced enough, we're talking Holt and Graham here, these 2 have been a massive let down in their goals return, yea ok Holt has had a few good games but we signed him as a scorer, that's why we've had to grind out so many draws to win the league.

We also gave new contracts to Jase, PH etc, with a full development squad too.

Next season we might finally see some real results from our investment in younger players. It's about time.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He's done all right for a supposed buffoon. We'd take being 4th most years. I think given a bit of time to build the squad he would have added the type of players we needed when things were more of a battle.

That second half of the season we had some key injuries, the pitches were particularly bad and we ripped out the East stand. We just didn't have the players to adapt.
    I don't understand this. Why wasn't the manager prepared for 'key' injuries, poor pitches and players who could win a match without a small ramshackle stand on one side of the pitch? Didn't he have to deal with key injuries, even worse pitches and two stands missing in his previous job?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2017/0...form=hootsuite

He's not wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is wrong. We went from possible title contenders to scraping fourth, and then started the next season horribly. He didn't leave us in fourth as he claims either I'm sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    He is wrong. We went from possible title contenders to scraping fourth, and then started the next season horribly. He didn't leave us in fourth as he claims either I'm sure?

No of course he didn't.

Fine bit of revisionism by Yogi there.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He also says we've not been in Europe for a long time. Since the start of the season, Yogi.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    We also gave new contracts to Jase, PH etc, with a full development squad too.

Next season we might finally see some real results from our investment in younger players. It's about time.

I'm hoping to see more of Martin and Crane and Lennon himself wanted to see Shaw in the team but couldn't due to his loan.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He also says we've not been in Europe for a long time. Since the start of the season, Yogi.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I don't understand this. Why wasn't the manager prepared for 'key' injuries, poor pitches and players who could win a match without a small ramshackle stand on one side of the pitch? Didn't he have to deal with key injuries, even worse pitches and two stands missing in his previous job?
    Probably because you can't change everything in one season.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I'm hoping to see more of Martin and Crane and Lennon himself wanted to see Shaw in the team but couldn't due to his loan.
    Yup, a bit of youthful exuberance could really make the difference next season!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Probably because you can't change everything in one season.
    That's fair but presumably a manager of quality can halt a slide with a pre-season to regroup in, inbetween.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Taking Deek off in the 6-6 game when he was playing a blinder was another tactical masterstroke I remember.

Even worse, Yogi blamed the strikers for losing the game.

And a 2 week fine for Deek for stating the obvious about the pitch, the players were not happy that Yogi didn't defend Deek for his comments about the pitch.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    That's fair but presumably a manager of quality can halt a slide with a pre-season to regroup in, inbetween.
    Maybe until Rod tells him he gets to swap Stokes for Daryl Duffy!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Maybe until Rod tells him he gets to swap Stokes for Daryl Duffy!
    He got Trakys as well though.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Yogi is a ****ing buffoon.

The 6-6 game typified his time in charge; a great start but when the tactics needed changed he had no idea what to do.
    And what pissed me off even more, if that was at all possible, was when he was caught on camera having a laugh with Craig Brown right after the final whistle. Could you imagine Lennon doing that.

Stokes had two years left on his deal, there should have been no rush to sell for £800k.
    Rod was penny pinching.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    we lost: stokes, benji, zemmama, bamba, makalambay, cregg, hogg, smith (keeper), mccormack, currie

we gained: de graaf, stephens, hart, dickoh, trakys, scott, thornhill, paslsson, sodje and latterly, half a vaz te.

great business
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AgentDaleCooper; 25-04-2017 at 12:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Stokes had two years left on his deal, there should have been no rush to sell for £800k.
    Rod was penny pinching.

Was it not for non-football and non-financial reasons that we sold him on the cheap?

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Was it not for non-football and non-financial reasons that we sold him on the cheap?
    That's what we were told. Didn't stop him coming back though.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Rod was penny pinching.

Think there was a release clause was there not.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think there was a release clause was there not.

I've asked about this on here before.

It was hinted that Stokes was a bad influence on the dressing room, but whatever the story it obviously didn't prevent him coming back on loan.

My best guess is that there was a clause in his contract allowing him to go if Celtc paid up. And they did.

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    And what pissed me off even more, if that was at all possible, was when he was caught on camera having a laugh with Craig Brown right after the final whistle. Could you imagine Lennon doing that.
    Was talked about on off the ball on Saturday as well he was tapping on the team bus window to Tam Cowan laughing after the game too.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    At the start of his reign he brought in some very good players indeed - when we had Stokes, Miller and McBride playing we were often excellent. He's since done well at other clubs so I don't think it is his eye for a player that is the problem.

His last transfer window was as bad as we've had, up there with Fenlon's before the relegation season. Losing Stokes late in the window, signing Darryl Duffy on loan and panic buying Valdas Trakys after the window had closed?

I agree with what Yogi said in the article, I reckon he was Petried during that window
    (as was Pat).

To think that someone, somewhere thought getting rid of Yogi and appointing Colin Calderwood was the solution......
    I guess you think RP should just have kept on bankrolling Yogi until the club hit the buffers?

Cutbacks were required by overly high wages to turnover ratio and not just penny pinching for no reason. Better cup runs by Yogi woud have given him more cash for players - it was just beyond him.

Rod was penny pinching.

And you know for a fact there was no sell-on clause in there?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I've asked about this on here before.

It was hinted that Stokes was a bad influence on the dressing room, but whatever the story it obviously didn't prevent him coming back on loan.

My best guess is that there was a clause in his contract allowing him to go if Celtc paid up. And they did.
    Would have been surprised if he left Sunderland to come to us unless there was an understanding of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    I guess you think RP should just have kept on bankrolling Yogi until the club hit the buffers?

Cutbacks were required by overly high wages to turnover ratio and not just penny pinching for no reason. Better cup runs by Yogi woud have given him more cash for players - it was just beyond him.
    For all Petrie's faults, he has a record of withholding funds from managers who subsequently prove themselves to be less than astute when spotting decent signing targets. In many cases, it didn't take long for the manager to be found out.

Like most businesses, it's up to the manager to convince the Board to release the funds to satisfy their vision. Red Lex, Mowbray, Stubbs were all well supported for good reason.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No strikers away to Maribor. O'Connor and Riordan on the bench. Lost 3-0.
    That's the one that annoyed me. Stokes and Riordan had between 40-50 goals between them the year before in securing European football yet he drops them to the bench and plays Colin Nish as lone front man in this 0-3 humping.

Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    And you know for a fact there was no sell-on clause in there?
    Do you know for a fact there was? Can you share?