hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

Congratulations Newcastle

Promoted at the first time of asking.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Hope they go straight back down and to be totally honest, I've no idea why. I just really don't like them.

Wish we would stop congratulating and wishing other teams good luck. Couldn't care less about Aberdeen never mind a team in a different country. We'll be having a minutes applause for teams at this rate.

Newcastle my favourite English team, well, depends what you count Cardiff as... Love a day out to Newcastle, great boozers, great people and a real working class team.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope they go straight back down and to be totally honest, I've no idea why. I just really don't like them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Wish we would stop congratulating and wishing other teams good luck. Couldn't care less about Aberdeen never mind a team in a different country. We'll be having a minutes applause for teams at this rate.
    Another fat money bloated pig of a club.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Went to a Newcastle game recently and it had the atmosphere of a funeral. Cracking stadium and night out though!

Oh god are these dreadful self important clowns with their ridiculous accents back in the "big time".

They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England.

Its meant to be a "great night oot" aye if you ignore the poverty, ugly women and the fact most of the city is a dump.

Never understood some Scottish peoples love affair with the place and why some Scottish fans adopt a team from another country in the first place. Dead weird.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 24-04-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Yeh, let's stop congratulating successful achievements Nothing worse than bloody people doing something good!! Boo Newcastle.... I'm not having it..... you'll get no happiness or best wishes from me!!

Sad

Left by mutual consent!
    Agree. I support Hibs. Couldn't care less about other teams. People who support English teams, why?

Just like East Coast OF fan's. They claim they've got an Uncle or Grandad from the West coast, well so have i.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Newcastle is a big club and should be in the EPL all the time, with their resources.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Newcastle is a big club and should be in the EPL all the time, with their resources.
    Newcastle and Sunderland, both Sheffield clubs, Birmingham and Wolves - all big clubs who've underachieved.

Almost too apathetic to type my views on Newcastle. Almost. Maybe this means I must have a smidgen of affection or scorn for the club but I just can't locate anything.

Who exactly are we congratulating here - I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net and doubt any of them started a thread on their own forums congratulating Hibs on promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Who exactly are we congratulating here - I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net and doubt any of them started a thread on their own forums congratulating Hibs on promotion.
    Good point. Our cringing servility to those who do not even know we exist is not a good look. Thus I never 'support' an English team.

I agree. This is also why I make a point of never shouting at the football; the players can't hear what I'm saying so what's the point.

I'd like a minutes applause for Third Lanark

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    But like the Murphys ...

Can't believe the bitterness on this thread, it's almost laughable.

I know lots of Hibs supporters that follow Newcastle, and I know lots of Newcastle supporters that follow Hibs. Admittedly there's less chance of Newcastle fans travelling up to watch Scottish football (for obvious reasons) but it does happen.

"fat bloated money pig of a club"?? Where about? Maybe the chairman (no argument there from fans) but the club get outbid by the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace for players, so hardly flashing the cash.

"They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England" .. The media do seem to harp on about Newcastle fans from time to time, but I don't think that the supporters themselves view themselves as anything more than passionate about their club. To be fair, they still get 50k every week despite the fact that they haven't won anything since 1955!!

"People who support English teams, why?" Why not? It doesn't conflict with your love of Hibs, you can even travel to the occassional game, meet new people, have a night out. Lots of people also have emotional/family attachements to towns. Probably lots of people that have moved to Edinburgh and now support Hibs that also support their "home" team.

"I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net" Maybe you're not looking close enough

Anyway .. enough of the bitterness .. two teams promoted that deserve to be in the top flight all is good
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Well done Newcastle. My English team.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    But like the Murphys ...

I know lots of Hibs supporters that follow Newcastle, and I know lots of Newcastle supporters that follow Hibs. Admittedly there's less chance of Newcastle fans travelling up to watch Scottish football (for obvious reasons) but it does happen.

"fat bloated money pig of a club"?? Where about? Maybe the chairman (no argument there from fans) but the club get outbid by the likes of Fulham and Crystal Palace for players, so hardly flashing the cash.

"They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England" .. The media do seem to harp on about Newcastle fans from time to time, but I don't think that the supporters themselves view themselves as anything more than passionate about their club. To be fair, they still get 50k every week despite the fact that they haven't won anything since 1955!!

"People who support English teams, why?" Why not? It doesn't conflict with your love of Hibs, you can even travel to the occassional game, meet new people, have a night out. Lots of people also have emotional/family attachements to towns. Probably lots of people that have moved to Edinburgh and now support Hibs that also support their "home" team.

"I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net" Maybe you're not looking close enough

Anyway .. enough of the bitterness .. two teams promoted that deserve to be in the top flight all is good
    It's a fair post Stevie. I don't get the ill will. The only thing I can't stand about that club is Mike Ashley, and he isn't the fault of the fans. Folk in the north-east tend to be a good sort.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member PeeKay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    It's a fair post Stevie. I don't get the ill will. The only thing I can't stand about that club is Mike Ashley, and he isn't the fault of the fans. Folk in the north-east tend to be a good sort.
    I'm ambivalent about Ashley myself. Don't like his business methods but do like what he's doing to Sevco.

Who exactly are we congratulating here - I can't see any Newcastle fans reading Hibs.Net
    You sure about that?!

My feelings exactly

Always hated Shearer too!

A lot of people who 'don't care' desperate for their voices to be heard to make sure everyone knows just how much they don't care. If I have no interest in something then I tend to ignore it, it's hardly like the thread title was ambiguous.

Anyways delighted to see my English team (shocking I know) promoted. Great club (owner aside) and great fans.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Promoted at the first time of asking.
    Agreed good to see them back, I like going to St James for Liverpool games and pleased for Rafa to have got them promoted.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Oh god are these dreadful self important clowns with their ridiculous accents back in the "big time".

They really do think they are "special fans" when in reality they are no different to any other fans throughout England.

Its meant to be a "great night oot" aye if you ignore the poverty, ugly women and the fact most of the city is a dump.

Never understood some Scottish peoples love affair with the place and why some Scottish fans adopt a team from another country in the first place. Dead weird.
    Having lived here for numerous years I'm yet to meet any of these fans with a superiority complex.

Newcastle as a city isn't quite Edinburgh, but in no way is it some poverty-stricken ****hole full of ugly people, and I'm not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion. The people here are top notch and how good or bad a night out you have really depends on where you go and what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    But like the Murphys ...

Why do Newcastle deserve to be in the top flight??

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Why do Newcastle deserve to be in the top flight??
    Because they finished second in the league and have shown themselves to be vastly superior to most other championship sides. For the same reason we deserve to be in the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Having lived here for numerous years I'm yet to meet any of these fans with a superiority complex.

Newcastle as a city isn't quite Edinburgh, but in no way is it some poverty-stricken ****hole full of ugly people, and I'm not quite sure how you've come to that conclusion. The people here are top notch and how good or bad a night out you have really depends on where you go and what you like.
    Spot on. Had a great weekend down there last month, even a couple in Gateshead

Would be back there in a shot. Have to admit that previous trips haven't been that special given the reviews I had heard from others, like you say, it's about going to the right places (as is the case anywhere).

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Again for no real apparent reason, i'm the same.