hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Danny Swanson

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

https://youtu.be/ARfARi-gpWc

Here you go, only needed to change 2 letters.

Swanson d'amour, ra da da da da, play encore
    Here in my heart, ra da da da da, more and more
    Swanson d'amour, ra da da da da, I adore
    Each time I hear, ra da da da da, Swanson d'amour
    Cheesy but genius! Younger fans might need to be brought up to speed on the song but a full stadium giving voice to that would sound great.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Swanson favours plaing in the middle

Alignment 0, LineSpacing 0, ParagraphSpacing 0, ParagraphSpacingBefore 0, HeadIndent 0, TailIndent 0, FirstLineHeadIndent 0, LineHeight 0/0, LineHeightMultiple 0, LineBreakMode 4, Tabs (
    28L,
    56L,
    84L,
    112L,
    140L,
    168L,
    196L,
    224L,
    252L,
    280L,
    308L,
    336L
    ), DefaultTabInterval 0, Blocks (
    ), Lists (
    ), BaseWritingDirection -1, HyphenationFactor 0, TighteningForTruncation NO, HeaderLevel 0

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ................................. a historyof the current Mrs Tuppers waist-line.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh ................................. a historyof the current Mrs Tuppers waist-line.
    Lmfao

Brave man

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    some ball for the assist last night

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39866511
    Great vision.

Sorry can't do links but Evening News have just put up a story where Danny Swanson says he made up his Hearts allegiance to "get in with them" but has NEVER been a Hearts fan etc etc - look forward to his first match against them

Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Sorry can't do links but Evening News have just put up a story where Danny Swanson says he made up his Hearts allegiance to "get in with them" but has NEVER been a Hearts fan etc etc - look forward to his first match against them
    I wish him all the best but no respect for him if that is the case.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I'm sure he'll get over it

@hibs.net private member
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    I'm sure he'll get over it
    I am sure he will but imagine how desperate you must be to pretend to be Jambo maybe it is just me but under no circumstances would i pretend to be one of them. Would i play for them probably but would never say i was one them.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    some ball for the assist last night

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39866511
    Standing ovation at the end

Left by mutual consent!
    I am sure he will but imagine how desperate you must be to pretend to be Jambo maybe it is just me but under no circumstances would i pretend to be one of them. Would i play for them probably but would never say i was one them.
    As I recall it he claimed his mum's side of the family were Hearts fans and bigged up that element, but going right back to his days at Berwick and Tannadice it's always been well known he's a Hibs fan.

Today's Evening News interview's a bit of a ramble to be honest (written by Barry Anderson so possibly trying to make Swanson look a bit daft) and reminds me of the way Riordan and Griffiths used to go off on tangents. If he does anything like as well for Hibs as those two did he'll do for me.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ance-1-4450159

He also stressed he has never supported the Tynecastle side and only claimed to be a fan to curry favour with their supporters when he signed. Swanson explained that Hibs are the only club he would leave St Johnstone for – and that he was ready to sign a new contract at McDiarmid Park until the Easter Road club 
intervened.

*swanson also added that hertz are utter rank and their pathetic fans are six-fingered mutants suffering from delusions of grandeur

*he didn't really say that, i made that bit up, well, some of it

Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 19-05-2017 at 12:31 AM.

As long as he didn't go the whole hog. Once you start ****ging your sister and robbing charities I imagine it is hard to redeem yourself.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    He sounds like a character.

Obviously maroon was kryptonite for him, but I have high hopes.

That evening news article is brilliant. He clearly had no interest in playing for hearts and tried to sign for us and st johnstone before reluctantly going to them. He put in no effort but took their money. The saviles will love that.

Am I the only one who thinks he sounds a bit of a knob? Why would you claim to be a Hearts fan to appease the masses? Jason Cummings admits he's a Jambo or at least grew up one and gets on with it. I couldn't care who the boy supports. Also insinuates he didn't try at Hearts. Any professional who doesn't try is a shame to their profession but one that admits to it is just an idiot. Doesn't strike me as the sharpest boy in the world. The article doesn't give me any smugness towards Hearts it just makes me cringe really. Maybe it's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks he sounds a bit of a knob? Why would you claim to be a Hearts fan to appease the masses? Jason Cummings admits he's a Jambo or at least grew up one and gets on with it. I couldn't care who the boy supports. Also insinuates he didn't try at Hearts. Any professional who doesn't try is a shame to their profession but one that admits to it is just an idiot. Doesn't strike me as the sharpest boy in the world. The article doesn't give me any smugness towards Hearts it just makes me cringe really. Maybe it's just me.
    Take one thing into account before you judge Swanson. the author of the article and how much spin he likes to chuck around.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    “I’m just getting this out there now. I remember doing an interview when I was at Hearts,” recalled Swanson. “I had to try and get them on my side so I’m giving it: ‘I’m a Hearts fan.’ Just to say, on the record, I’ve never been a Hearts fan. My granny and granda are but all this ‘my dad’s a Hearts fan,’ it’s not so much true.

“You try to get them on your side but it didn’t really help. I’m definitely not a Hearts fan. I still get people asking me if I’m a Hearts fan. No. No chance.

“Here’s something: I texted Alan Stubbs before I signed for Hearts. I phoned Tommy Wright before I signed for Hearts to try and get something sorted. Even though I was excited to sign for Hearts, I tried to get to Hibs. Alan Stubbs said: ‘Nope.’ So I ended up going to Hearts and played really well – not.”

Ahahahah, what a guy. They're gonna hate him now.

Just you.

@hibs.net private member
    Where does he insinuate that he didn't try? He gave an honest assessment that when he was there he was pretty *****

On Sky Sports website this morning;

"Danny Swanson admits Hibernian were the only club he would have left St Johnstone for as he bids to fulfil a lifetime ambition and realise his late friend's wishes.

The 30-year-old ended his Saints career on Wednesday by setting up the winning goal against Hearts before serving a suspension in Sunday's visit of Rangers.

"It's been a big decision for me because I have enjoyed my football here but the only pull I had was because it was Hibs. That was the only team I would have gone to.

"A big factor was I lost my friend on Hogmanay, he was always going on at me to sign for Hibs. That had a big part to play. My mate Shaun Woodburn, he died on Hogmanay at my dad's pub. It was a hard, hard time. I want to play for him."

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    He's one of our own and I hope that the yams come to hate him as much as they do/did Deeks and Leigh

Testimonial Due
    Good let them despise him,they know he's a cracking player & for whatever reason it never happened for him at Hertz.He'll run through brick walls for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Glad he's signed for us but I think he should stay away from the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Just you.
    No I think his comments were very poor too - Knob perhaps a bit too much though (grinning face)

@hibs.net private member
    Hope Danny does his talking on the pitch and not the papers when we are paying his wages.

I really liked his comments. He's a fan and that shines through. The Hearts move clearly wasn't his first choice and a mistake in hindsight but he rectified it at St. J where he obviously has great memories and respect for the team, fans and staff.

Looking forward to seeing him strut his stuff and play for the Hibees faithful and his late friend.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Can't see Lennon liking those comments very much.

Dont see what the big deal is, players do stuff like this all the time, like Griffiths kissing the Celtic badge? EVERYONE knows Leigh is a die hard hibby, but Celtic pay his bills.

End of the day hes trying to make a living, he told Hearts fans what they wanted to hear so they would give him a chance. Cant blame him for that!

Over the moon that hes signed.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Dont mind it - bit of gallusness - we need that