Can't afford him... next idea?
    what are you basing that on?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sign Moult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rangers were apparently quoted £500k plus O'Halloran so that one isn't going to happen.

The days of buying players in contract from other teams in our league are largely gone I think.

what are you basing that on?
    The fact that he would cost about 500k

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Rangers were apparently quoted £500k plus O'Halloran so that one is t going to happen.

The days of buying players in contract from other teams in our league are largely gone I think.
    Well that's a ****ter. Was sure I heard he had a relatively low release clause as well.

Well that's a ****ter. Was sure I heard he had a relatively low release clause as well.

No, that was cummings 😔

After two poor transfer windows I thought we would have been a lot better prepared for this one.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lumbo_hfc View Post
    No, that was cummings
    haha aye i'll give you that one!
    Just for arguments sake though, say we did get 1.4 for Cummings, i'd be more than happy to replace him with Moult for 500k and still have 900k left for whatever we needed.

I know of course the chances of us spending 500k on anyone is slim to none though.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    After two poor transfer windows I thought we would have been a lot better prepared for this one.

who says we arent?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    who says we arent?
    Exactly

Ok then - tell us what the board have done thus far (behind the scenes as well as in public) and what they should have done instead. Or stop talking crap..........

Swanson
    Ambrose
    Murray

All signed ages ago plus a number of renewals.

Let's be honest we're clearly struggling with our targets.
    Making a last ditch attempt to sign Lafferty jeeeez!!
    Need 3 forwards as Graham needs to be moved on

Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    Let's be honest we're clearly struggling with our targets.
    Making a last ditch attempt to sign Lafferty jeeeez!!
    Need 3 forwards as Graham needs to be moved on
    How do you know we are struggling??

How do you know who our targets are??

Please tell us

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    How do you know we are struggling??

How do you know who our targets are??

Please tell us
    So Lafferty was a target? A last ditch attempt suggests we've missed out on others to me

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    So Lafferty was a target? A last ditch attempt suggests we've missed out on others to me
    or we have targets in mind and he became available so we enquired on the off chance

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493

McGregor, Gray, Stevenson, Fontaine, Bartley & Boyle all signed to new contracts. Ambrose, Swanson & Murray signed to permanent deals in the 5 weeks since the season ended and players/management have been on holiday.

Deals in the offing for Marciano & Whittaker based on current rumours.

Holt & Fyvie were offered new contracts but declined and Cummings was sold less than two weeks ago so not a lot of time between confirming these players needed replaced and now.

pre-season started 3 days ago and at least 1 confirmed trialist with the squad.

5 weeks until our first league match, 9 weeks before the transfer window ends. I think there has been plenty done so far.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    or we have targets in mind and he became available so we enquired on the off chance
    Thats it for me, possibly not on radar becomes available we ask not really wanting to pay that much p/w for a player perhaps not in plans. Ends at that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    McGregor, Gray, Stevenson, Fontaine, Bartley & Boyle all signed to new contracts. Ambrose, Swanson & Murray signed to permanent deals in the 5 weeks since the season ended and players/management have been on holiday.

Holt & Fyvie were offered new contracts but declined and Cummings was sold less than two weeks ago so not a lot of time between confirming these players needed replaced and now.

5 weeks until our first league match, 9 weeks before the transfer window ends. I think there has been plenty done so far.
    Great post MyJo but sadly won't be enough to satisfy the bedwetters.

Lennon will sign quality players. Remember we have signed 3 already?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Lennon will sign quality players. Remember we have signed 3 already?
    Ssshhhhhhhh, keep yer voice doon.... the hysterical's don't want to hear that........

First Team Breakthrough

Great post!

And don't most folks contracts run out on Friday? Perhaps we are doing our next round of business then

I thought Holt was released - any more info about the deal offered and why he turned it down? I thought he was keen to stay?

I'd like us to sign more 'unknowns' to Scottish football like Gray, fontaine, Malonga, Bartley etc. I'm sure with all the football contacts Lennon has & all the English football he's seen over the years- he must know some we could have. I'd also like him to take a young player like McGinn and make him an even better player like what Stubbs did.

Jeez Ozy, give it a rest mate, every possible thread the same moaning post.

Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    I'd like us to sign more 'unknowns' to Scottish football like Gray, fontaine, Malonga, Bartley etc. I'm sure with all the football contacts Lennon has & all the English football he's seen over the years- he must know some we could have. I'd also like him to take a young player like McGinn and make him an even better player like what Stubbs did.
    I agree that "unknowns" is probably the way to go.

Any of the players that we would actually be fairly unanimous about wanting to sign wouldn't want to come to us (see Moult, Boyce etc) and are therefore unrealistic. The signings we've already made could in many ways be considered to be reasonable coups - Ambrose's pedigree and experience, Swanson's performance at a higher level than us last season and Murray's goals and potential.

And players like Lafferty would be a big gamble - big wages, not really cut it down South for a while. Lafferty's on a bit of a hiding to nothing, and there are plenty of players out there like him.

We'd turn our noses up at almost any Scottish / Scottish-based player who would actually want to join us and our collective expectations re signings will have been raised by Cummings' departure.

For all it gives the club a big of cash to spend, it might be hard money to spend well.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar

Ah! A post of much sense. Well done for getting us all back on track.

A bit harsh, but I get your point.

The last two transfers windows may not have been great, but at least they got us enough talent in to achieve our minimum goal - promotion.

You could argue that we have now had 3 poor transfer windows in a row. The cup win and Stokes' fantastic performance in the final have (correctly) overshadowed what was a poor second half of that season. Going into Stubbs' last transfer window we were neck and neck with Rangers - a decent transfer window there and we'd have won the league that year.

There's a long way to go yet though. We've made some good acquisitions so far. If we get the next few right (rather than bringing in folk for the sake of it) we'll be fine.

I'm apprehensive about finding a good replacement for Jase this window.

The forwards Lennon has brought in or been linked with haven't filled me with much confidence thus far, it's all very good having a solid defense and midfield but we need to sign a real proven QUALITY striker (or two) otherwise we will find ourselves in big trouble if we can not replace the goals scored by Jason.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Out of interest when Stubbs was signing players like Bartley, Fontaine, Gray etc who was doing the scouting/recommendations ? Are they still at the club ? So far we seem (in the main) to be linked with players we've all heard of or have already played under NL. Ultimately I don't care where the player has played before but to me anyway the approach to identifying players seems to have changed.

First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    It is quite entertaining reading posts where people are getting onto the negative thoughts of some supporters. If you just look back over the last 3 or 4 seasons we haven't actually been at the forefront of getting the players we would like, usually ending up bargain basement at the last minute. Financially we should be in a good position given season ticket sales cup runs and numerous players of the wage bill.