hibs.net Messageboard

Page 52 of 81 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 2404

Thread: Summer Signings

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other teams are starting to do business, or at least have tangible rumours going about...tbh I'm even more concerned now with Jermaine Pennant training with us...

He could be a good signing for experience etc. but age is really not on his side especially considering the position he plays.

Hopefully things pick up shortly!
    WTF is a tangible rumour?

If all you want is rumours, just make some up.

By the way, the transfer window has another 9 weeks to run! Do you think you can cope?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wouldn't mind seeing us do some business now. Not panicking quite yet but first game of the season is two weeks on Saturday so I'd like to see a couple of additions before then.

Think we could be doing with a wee lift to get a bit of the buzz back and it might see season ticket sales pick up again. They seem to have slowed down.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Over reacting or not I am now starting to get a bit worried.

not because of the time etc but the fact that near enough every player we get linked with is 32+ and is coming towards the end of their career.

im only 23 and can only speak on what I have seen, but for me the best hibs sides/players is a young team full of energy, quality and a bit of swagger. When we start signing the guys we get linked with it never goes too well.

i appreciate for years we needed a bit of experience but is that what pennant would give? Great player in his time however I would question his motive for coming here. How interested would he be?
    Also 23 and also agree totally with your sentiments!
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Your pc breaking would be a decent start.
    You do have to question the intelligence of someone who can't manage much more than churning out the same line over and over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Saw that Ciftci had been told to find a new club by Celtic, rather him than Lafferty.
    This would be a good signing I reckon. And a couple of young prospects to go with him.....

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Not quite but largely they all only played about 20 games a season in the 3 to 4 yrs before joining us.
    Sauzee signed from Montpellier
    Latapy signed from Boavista
    Zitelli signed from Strasbourg
    Mixu signed from Wolves and Strasbourg

Pennant has not been kept on by Bury where he only made 2 starts 😂

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    WTF is a tangible rumour?

If all you want is rumours, just make some up.

By the way, the transfer window has another 9 weeks to run! Do you think you can cope?
    A tangible rumour is one that actually comes to fruition or has any truth to it.

I can cope just fine. Question is...should I save everyone's comments about bed wetters and "coping" for ammunition should we have a bad season on the back of this summer transfer window. Time will tell, guess it's whether I want to sink to their level, eh?

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    A tangible rumour is one that actually comes to fruition or has any truth to it.

I can cope just fine. Question is...should I save everyone's comments about bed wetters and "coping" for ammunition should we have a bad season on the back of this summer transfer window. Time will tell, guess it's whether I want to sink to their level, eh?
    You sound like you'd rather we have a bad season so you can gloat about how right you were.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    You sound like you'd rather we have a bad season so you can gloat about how right you were.
    Hardly. Think my point was that people seem to be stooping to this "bed wetter" nonsense very quickly considering this is supposed to be a football forum and whilst we all want to see the club moving in a positive direction, some seem to be down playing the importance of recruitment this summer and are instead poking fun into those that are in some way worried - people want to be turning up to ER to see half decent football and a reasonable amount of wins and have paid to do so yet when concerned with signings it's all "do you think you can cope with waiting", "bed wetters out in force".

I think I also indirectly suggested that I wouldn't stoop to their level.

Calm down to a panic folks.

@hibs.net private member
    Barry Douglas rumoured to be signing for Celtic, very surprised by this as he's been out of the spotlight In Poland and turkey for a good few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Barry Douglas rumoured to be signing for Celtic, very surprised by this as he's been out of the spotlight In Poland and turkey for a good few years.
    Think Wolves are also looking at him.

Blog Entries
    The ticker tape on Sky sports just said Bournemouth will sign Mahoney from Blackburn when his contract expires at the end of the month. Funny that, I thought 30 June was meaningless, sure I read that somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    The ticker tape on Sky sports just said Bournemouth will sign Mahoney from Blackburn when his contract expires at the end of the month. Funny that, I thought 30 June was meaningless, sure I read that somewhere!
    Meaow!!

:-)

Isn't that when the English window opens? English clubs can't sign anyone until then. We can sign who we like now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    But they've contrived to announce it on 27th June?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Isn't that when the English window opens? English clubs can't sign anyone until then. We can sign who we like now.

I know, couldn't resist teasing. The thing is though English players are being paid through 30 June which obviously impacts on new contracts being signed.

Testimonial Due
    I may have been told for being negative etc recently. But I'm sorry.

Whittaker (32)
    Lafferty (going on 30)
    Pennant (34)

Last year Holt (35)
    Swanson (30) - I'm happy with this signing btw, just pointing out age.
    commons (30s)

Aren't others worried about lennon's signing policy ? I'm all for experience but to me we already have senior experienced pros. McGregor, ambrose, Bartley, Stevenson, gray all 28/29/30 been around.

We need to be getting linked or going for guys we can sign improve and sell on not players who are getting their final contracts in their career, we will be a turgid outfit next year, last season im sorry majority games at home was p**h the fact we drew soo many days it all. Are we seriously hoping all these players will have us comfortably finishing top 6? To me it screams out lennon sticking around for another season, leaving by time these old veterans contracts end. Sure he did same with Bolton signing heskey.

Got to say was more excited at players we were linked with under stokes and that was in the championship. I'm hoping hibs completely surprise me and have been working like mad to sign guys like moult, Henderson, Stevie may etc instead. This is all my opinion and I'd assume many will disagree, just want hibs to field an exciting team next year. We need flair and pace.

Coaching Staff
    Still managed to agree it though? Is that not the point some are making which you're kind of proving for them?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post

Whittaker (32)
    Lafferty (going on 30)
    Pennant (34)

Last year Holt (35)
    commons (30s)

Aren't others worried about lennon's signing policy ? I'm all for experience but to me we already have senior experienced pros. McGregor, ambrose, Bartley, Stevenson, gray all 28/29/30 been around.

We need to be getting linked or going for guys we can sign improve and sell on not players who are getting their final contracts in their career, we will be a turgid outfit next year, last season im sorry majority games at home was p**h the fact we drew soo many days it all. Are we seriously hoping all these players will have us comfortably finishing top 6? To me it screams out lennon sticking around for another season, leaving by time these old veterans contracts end. Sure he did same with Bolton signing heskey.

Got to say was more excited at players we were linked with under stokes and that was in the championship. I'm hoping hibs completely surprise me and have been working like mad to sign guys like moult, Henderson, Stevie may etc instead. This is all my opinion and I'd assume many will disagree, just want hibs to field an exciting team next year. We need flair and pace.
    Would you not rather we had a good team than just a feeder club for other teams.

Thinking about the long term is fine but sometimes it's right just to look at the here and now.

Whittaker (32)
    Lafferty (going on 30)
    Pennant (34)

Last year Holt (35)
    commons (30s)

I agree with you entirely.

Coaching Staff

Whittaker (32)
    Lafferty (going on 30)
    Pennant (34)

Last year Holt (35)
    commons (30s)

Any reason you're missing out the younger signings like Murray and even Ambrose?! Shinnie too, Marciano..

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Would you not rather we had a good team than just a feeder club for other teams.

Thinking about the long term is fine but sometimes it's right just to look at the here and now.
    It's always going to be like that, nothing wrong having a few seniors in there that stick around but all these players linked with just be getting the final contracts with no sell on for us. I personally rather have an exciting team of mixed old and young than a squad with larger % of guys entering 30s or already in 30s. As say though it's my opinion. Just can't get on the excited train at prospect of us signing guys who are here to play out their careers.

Coaching Staff
    And in better leagues than the Singapore league or league 1.
    I don't think this will come to anything but I am concerned we are even considering it.

You seem to keep changing the thing you're concerned about.

Testimonial Due
    Any reason you're missing out the younger signings like Murray and even Ambrose?! Shinnie too, Marciano..
    Ambrose is 28

I put him in the experience category we now have. My point is we don't need another 4/5 of guys in 30s

Shinnie no longer here, and Murray is exception however he replaced keatings so not exactly out with old in with the young that is more like for like.

And yes rocky is a signing I rate from lennon. As with ambrose and Swanson. My point is we have enough experience already we don't need another 3/4 players seeking a final career contract.

Why don't we test waters try get May? He's got hibs all over him, needs a career kickstart again. I'd rather take a chance on him or atleast test Preston with a bid than sign some of the players we are signing and probably going to give 2 year deals too.

You seem to keep changing the thing you're concerned about.
    I've decided I'm no longer concerned as Lennon will see he is finished and won't sign him.

Coaching Staff
    I've decided I'm no longer concerned as Lennon will see he is finished and won't sign him.
    It's a strange thing to go through life with such fixed views on stuff you know little about.

You might be right in the end of course as there are only two possible outcomes but I'm happy for the staff to base it on what they see in training rather than coming to a final view based on nothing other than reading stuff on the internet.

Blog Entries
    Still managed to agree it though? Is that not the point some are making which you're kind of proving for them?
    It's not agreed AFAIK. They expect it will be after Friday.

If pennant can bring quality to the side then sign him up. Won't be the first time fans haven't been too excited by a signing and they turn out to do well. Holt last season didn't do much in his previous few year yet played a massive part in our cup run and promotion to the extent that most fans wanted him to get another year.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    If pennant can bring quality to the side then sign him up. Won't be the first time fans haven't been too excited by a signing and they turn out to do well. Holt last season didn't do much in his previous few year yet played a massive part in our cup run and promotion to the extent that most fans wanted him to get another year.
    Did he, and did they?