hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Signings

Blog Entries
    Hibs Net is unreal at times.
    1. We have a thread decrying the fact that we lost out on Stevie Mallan, a championship player.
    2. We have an almost continual thread re the value of JC where many posters, myself included, say we should not sell him for less than £2m. JC has been a championship player for 3 seasons. Our other most valuable asset, SJM, has been a championship player for 2 seasons.
    3. We have posters on this thread saying we should not be looking at current championship players.
    To sum it up, if you play for us in the championship you're brilliant & we should only sell for top ££££. If you play for any other club in the championship you're rubbish & we shouldn't be interested in signing you!! A very Yammish attitude!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think he has been anonymous against Hibs certainly in the games at ER. I know he scored earlier in the season but his overall performance has been poor IMO. Can remember the game when SJM got sent off and thought he would dominate the second half and he was poor.
    3 goals in 4 games against us this season and has scored against us twice at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    We should not be looking at anyone from Dundee Utd or Falkirk.
    I am happy enough for Lennon to decide which players we should be looking at. But as a wider point I hope that we never get arrogant enough to actually believe that there are teams that we shouldn't look at.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    Rumours down here is that Hibs are amongst a rew clubs looking at Christian Doidge a striker who plays for Forrest Green , he quit football and played basketball for a couple of years and from what I've heard can out jump anyone in the air,mostly championship clubs looking at him so could lose out on wages
    Is that the all-veggie team that were photographed getting stuck into Greggs' steakbakes? (As seen on HIGNFY last night)
    No rumour, btw. For once that's a true story from Greggs.

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I rate Sibbald. Surprised he's not been picked up by a bigger team over the past few years.
    I heard rumours from Falkirk fans that St Johnstone are interested in Sibbald , would be a good signing for us!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgie greens View Post
    Rumours down here is that Hibs are amongst a rew clubs looking at Christian Doidge a striker who plays for Forrest Green , he quit football and played basketball for a couple of years and from what I've heard can out jump anyone in the air,mostly championship clubs looking at him so could lose out on wages
    The yams would probably be more interested in ball handler like him.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Hibs Net is unreal at times.
    1. We have a thread decrying the fact that we lost out on Stevie Mallan, a championship player.
    2. We have an almost continual thread re the value of JC where many posters, myself included, say we should not sell him for less than £2m. JC has been a championship player for 3 seasons. Our other most valuable asset, SJM, has been a championship player for 2 seasons.
    3. We have posters on this thread saying we should not be looking at current championship players.
    To sum it up, if you play for us in the championship you're brilliant & we should only sell for top ££££. If you play for any other club in the championship you're rubbish & we shouldn't be interested in signing you!! A very Yammish attitude!
    A fair point..
    I'm sure in fact we know there are good players in the championship we have watched them for seasons now.
    Can they step up and get better at a big club ? That's forever the question and risk.
    Valuations of JMC and JC is a very difficult one 2 mill for JC seems to be about right.
    Jmc is harder to value anything from 2- 3.5 mill
    In the cold light of day though any bids around that would be very good business for hibs.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I think Boyce would be a good signing if we were able to get him, proven goalscorer. I heard some rumour that Hearts were interested in him too but I'm not too worried about that lol

Boyce may be out of reach if County are looking to cash in. They also pay quite well up there, so not sure we could offer much more in that department.
    Stokesy on loan and at least one other striker - probably a big, powerful guy given NL is a Martin O'Neill disciple.

We need width. Killie's Jordan Jones is out of contract and stalling on a deal. He's looked great in the past few months. Spittal at Dundee Utd will also be a free agent soon, although he's not done much this season. Lewis Morgan would cost and St Mirren might not need to sell after getting a few bob for Mallan.
    Ross Wallace and Marley Watkins are frees this summer but may hope to earn more by staying in England.
    A cheeky loan offer for Ryan Christie? Aberdeen are sure to want him back if possible.
    Stephen Hendrie - the left-back who went to West Ham from Hamilton? He's not played much on loan over last couple of seasons.

Commons sounded down in the dumps, talking about his back injury yesterday. Not sure he's going to be fit enough to carry on but he did confirm his plans to stay in Glasgow, so we would be at the front of the queue.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Boyce may be out of reach if County are looking to cash in. They also pay quite well up there, so not sure we could offer much more in that department.
    Stokesy on loan and at least one other striker - probably a big, powerful guy given NL is a Martin O'Neill disciple.

We need width. Killie's Jordan Jones is out of contract and stalling on a deal. He's looked great in the past few months. Spittal at Dundee Utd will also be a free agent soon, although he's not done much this season. Lewis Morgan would cost and St Mirren might not need to sell after getting a few bob for Mallan.
    Ross Wallace and Marley Watkins are frees this summer but may hope to earn more by staying in England.
    A cheeky loan offer for Ryan Christie? Aberdeen are sure to want him back if possible.
    Stephen Hendrie - the left-back who went to West Ham from Hamilton? He's not played much on loan over last couple of seasons.

Commons sounded down in the dumps, talking about his back injury yesterday. Not sure he's going to be fit enough to carry on but he did confirm his plans to stay in Glasgow, so we would be at the front of the queue.
    Marley Watkins turned down a new deal at Barnsley, which I'm sure would've been way more than anything we could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Marley Watkins turned down a new deal at Barnsley, which I'm sure would've been way more than anything we could offer.
    Ah, getting carried away there... I see he's being linked with Cardiff.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Ah, getting carried away there... I see he's being linked with Cardiff.
    Aye, if he's turning down Barnsley it must be for bigger Championship teams.

Maybe Chris Doidge is the man to fit the bill.

http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/news/...57/index.shtml

Anyone know anything about him and how reliable a source Hibernian-mad.co.uk is?

On loan from who?

Have a feeling he'll be a free agent very, very soon.

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone who was in the Harp & Castle last night ask him when or if he was signing ?

Not itk but always felt Stephen Kingsley at Swansea and formerly Falkirk would be a good fit. Been on the bench mostly this season so would have to be a loan.

Also the lad Oliver McBurnie Scotland U21's was on the bench for them and possibly worth a look?

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Guy down here in England who knows a lot of football folk told me this morning that Hibs are in for Jurgen Degabriele who plays for Hibernians Malta..probably crap as he is a wind up merchant, but thought I would post it anyway.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Hearts, Rangers and Aberdeen all interested in Sibbald and he will definitely be Away this summer. He's improved a lot this year, won Falkirks players and supporters POTY awards too. Almost 250 first team games and still only 21. We could do a lot worse

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Not itk but always felt Stephen Kingsley at Swansea and formerly Falkirk would be a good fit. Been on the bench mostly this season so would have to be a loan.

Also the lad Oliver McBurnie Scotland U21's was on the bench for them and possibly worth a look?
    Kingsley looks like quite a good player, he's a left back isn't he? Played for Swansea when they beat Arsenal 2-1 in the league last year. McBurnie seems to have been on loan a lot, but still only 20. He looks quite a decent young player too, the only concern I'd have is that along with Cummings that would be a very young strikeforce, although that's a minor point.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    I would agree with that, unless there's something going on behind the scenes, such as personality or attitude etc, that only those in the fame would know about.
    Falkirk stand to get a very decent amount in compensation if he leaves under freedom of contract so have been under no pressure to sell. He'all be away this summer.

One thing I don't know however is who or what determines how much compensation is paid in these cases. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Kingsley looks like quite a good player, he's a left back isn't he? Played for Swansea when they beat Arsenal 2-1 in the league last year. McBurnie seems to have been on loan a lot, but still only 20. He looks quite a decent young player too, the only concern I'd have is that along with Cummings that would be a very young strikeforce, although that's a minor point.
    Yes he is a left back. Another possibility already mentioned in this thread could be Stephen Hendrie who has been on loan at Blackburn from West Ham

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Yes he is a left back. Another possibility already mentioned in this thread could be Stephen Hendrie who has been on loan at Blackburn from West Ham
    Well there's one Jambo that can come back from 0-7 done ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Will somebody announce Liam Henderson plz?

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together for one of our Scottish Cup winning heros.. Liam Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieCowan View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, please put your hands together for one of our Scottish Cup winning heros.. Liam Henderson.
    👏👏👏

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Absolutely no chance we'll get Kingsley. He's a regular member of the Swansea squad and has started 15 games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    Spotted him today with his girlfriend at the top of Leith Walk but he lives in Edinburgh I believe so probably doesn't mean much.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We are apparently favourites to sign Simon Murray. Can't say that is overly promising. Runs about a lot but poor technique from what I've seen. Surely only a back up option to replace Keatings.

Talking Baws suggesting Commons might be coming, based on a tweet from his missus saying they're staying in Glasgow.

http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/05/k...bs-might-sign/
    Last edited by 007; 22-05-2017 at 10:28 PM.

If Commons continues playing, and his family are staying in Scotland, I really can't see him ending up anywhere else than Hibs.