hibs.net Messageboard

Page 22 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Signings

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched the Falkirk game.

Luke Leahy is some player and is brilliant going forward. Would like to see us go for him and would cost us nothing as he Is out of contract.

Joe McKee is out of contract in the summer, was very good and controlled the game but ran out of steam as he is just back from injury. As soon as he went off United dominated. Would like to see us go for him.

Simon Murray again is out of contract and showed what he is capable of, buzzes about and makes defenders make mistakes and has a good goal scoring record. Could be a gamble signing but could do worse.

Tony Andreu, a lot seem to want him but imo he is garbage and wouldn't improve us in the slightest. Granted he scored a lot this season but he doesn't influence games in the slightest and looks uninterested. It's a no from me.
    Is Leahy out of contract? Didn't know that. Would hope NL was having a sneaky peak tonight. Would agree he looked excellent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    We should not be looking at anyone from Dundee Utd or Falkirk.
    Why not?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Just watched the Falkirk game.

Luke Leahy is some player and is brilliant going forward. Would like to see us go for him and would cost us nothing as he Is out of contract.

Joe McKee is out of contract in the summer, was very good and controlled the game but ran out of steam as he is just back from injury. As soon as he went off United dominated. Would like to see us go for him.

Simon Murray again is out of contract and showed what he is capable of, buzzes about and makes defenders make mistakes and has a good goal scoring record. Could be a gamble signing but could do worse.

Tony Andreu, a lot seem to want him but imo he is garbage and wouldn't improve us in the slightest. Granted he scored a lot this season but he doesn't influence games in the slightest and looks uninterested. It's a no from me.
    I agree about Leahy, very good player and I'd love to see us go for him! Don't know about the others, McKee has been on and off the treatment table all season - we already have that problem with McGeouch! Murray just doesn't impress me, he buzzes about but, the last 2 games aside, I've never seen him do anything of note. Andreu on the other hand has been their star player but, as tonight showed, he has his fair share of stinkers too!

So Celtic were wrong in signing Armstrong and GMS, with Armstrong being a standout this season.

Just because Dundee u got relegated doesn't mean they are all bad players.

Bit of a daft comment that there's a few players from both squads that could be worth a punt on. Good job for the young Falkirk defender everyone raves about that the big clubs monitoring him don't think like you.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    So Celtic were wrong in signing Armstrong and GMS, with Armstrong being a standout this season.

Exactly. 3 of our current starting 11 were relegated with us. I'd like to see us look to the lower leagues for some talent. There's plenty there it's just about signing the right players that can fit in at our club

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Exactly. 3 of our current starting 11 were relegated with us. I'd like to see us look to the lower leagues for some talent. There's plenty there it's just about signing the right players that can fit in at our club
    Andrew Robertson for example

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post

Dundee Utd were a totally different team 18 months ago, players like Armstrong, GMS etc were quality players but the current crop?

Who would you replace in the current Hibs team with players on display tonight?

Weird attitude that. A player's a player, no matter who they play for.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    Weird attitude that. A player's a player, no matter who they play for.
    I rate Sibbald. Surprised he's not been picked up by a bigger team over the past few years.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I'd agree with that in that from the squads the two clubs have just now I don't think any of their players would get into our starting 11. However I don't think we should just be putting a blanket ban on signing players from lower leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I rate Sibbald. Surprised he's not been picked up by a bigger team over the past few years.
    I would agree with that, unless there's something going on behind the scenes, such as personality or attitude etc, that only those in the fame would know about.

@hibs.net private member Pete70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I'd agree with that in that from the squads the two clubs have just now I don't think any of their players would get into our starting 11. However I don't think we should just be putting a blanket ban on signing players from lower leagues.

From what I've seen this season, I don't think anyone from DU or Falkirk would be an improvement on what we already have.

I would agree with that, unless there's something going on behind the scenes, such as personality or attitude etc, that only those in the fame would know about.
    He just isn't that good, another roaster who raises his game against Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    You mean a BIG team?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete70 View Post
    From what I've seen this season, I don't think anyone from DU or Falkirk would be an improvement on what we already have.
    I agree and I'd go as far to say that I don't think there's anyone in that division who is available who would push for a place in our starting line up.

Saying that, I was probably the only one who noticed David Bates after our cup win against Raith a few years ago and where is he now? Big move to Rangers. Neil might have a similar epiphany and I'm more than willing to trust his judgement :-D

Seriously, you never know and I'm sure if there's a hidden gem out there then we will be in pole position.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He just isn't that good, another roaster who raises his game against Hibs.
    Think he has been anonymous against Hibs certainly in the games at ER. I know he scored earlier in the season but his overall performance has been poor IMO. Can remember the game when SJM got sent off and thought he would dominate the second half and he was poor.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think he has been anonymous against Hibs certainly in the games at ER. I know he scored earlier in the season but his overall performance has been poor IMO. Can remember the game when SJM got sent off and thought he would dominate the second half and he was poor.
    He scores almost every time he plays against us.

Sibbald seems to have been around for ages and looks a decent player but also gives me the impression that he's not going to progress much further

Compare it to Simon Murray who looks raw, a bit infuriating but I can see him developing into really good player. Could have done with a holt-type experienced player beside him for a year or so

I'd take a chance on Murray

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    He scores almost every time he plays against us.
    Yes but in terms of performance bang average IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Sibbald seems to have been around for ages and looks a decent player but also gives me the impression that he's not going to progress much further

Compare it to Simon Murray who looks raw, a bit infuriating but I can see him developing into really good player. Could have done with a holt-type experienced player beside him for a year or so

Out of the 2 definitely Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post

Simon Murray is 25 years old.

Good age to develop 😄

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Contrary to what appears to be the majority opionon, I really rate Sibbald. I think he's a cracking player. Still young. I think he could do very well for us.

Murray is nowhere near good enough for the 1st team , if anything he's be a good replacement for Brian Graham

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    Contrary to what appears to be the majority opionon, I really rate Sibbald. I think he's a cracking player. Still young. I think he could do very well for us.
    There is a reason for that. Disapeared up his own ass in the second half. Championship player. We need more quality and pace than him.

My dad says he a better player than his dad was lol

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Surely that's the Rangers' whole budget blown. Someone who recently played for top sides in Russia & Turkey, and also for Cagliari isn't going to come cheap. Looking forward to seeing Cumdog up against a truly brilliant international player, even at 35.

First Team Regular gorgie greens's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibbystew7
    Rumours down here is that Hibs are amongst a rew clubs looking at Christian Doidge a striker who plays for Forrest Green , he quit football and played basketball for a couple of years and from what I've heard can out jump anyone in the air,mostly championship clubs looking at him so could lose out on wages

Dundee Utd were a totally different team 18 months ago, players like Armstrong, GMS etc were quality players but the current crop?

Who would you replace in the current Hibs team with players on display tonight?

At the moment probably none but that doesn't mean to say we shouldn't look at teams lower than us for players if they're good enough, we've had many a good player from lower leagues who have become Hibs favourites. The problem when Duffy took over, he picked a whole team of lower league players who eventually took us down to a lower league but we shouldn't be above looking to cherry pick some of the better ones when we can.