hibs.net Messageboard

Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 2404

Thread: Summer Signings

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    We have lost: rocky, Fyvie, Cummings, Humphrey, Shinnie, Keatings, holt, McLean, Gallagher and now possibly McGinn

And so far only signed Swanson and Efe. I can see why people are starting to worry as other teams like hearts and Aberdeen are all on the verge of signing relatively big names.

Still plenty time but I'm getting a wee bit worried too

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have lost: rocky, Fyvie, Cummings, Humphrey, Shinnie, Keatings, holt, McLean, Gallagher and now possibly McGinn

And so far only signed Swanson and Efe. I can see why people are starting to worry as other teams like hearts and Aberdeen are all on the verge of signing relatively big names.

Still plenty time but I'm getting a wee bit worried too

Shinnie was a loan, Humphrey, McLean & Gallagher hardly played.

We've also signed Murray and it looks loke Rocky too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    If we are still working on pay offs or offers then the deal is not done. Any contract we sign could start 1st July but can easily be signed now.
    The 30th June is completely meaningless made up nonsense.
    Lafferty and Stewart are both coming from down south yet appear to be totally disregarding this 30th June magic date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lafferty is out of contract as of March and Stewart is a loan deal, which can be announced as we are in our window.

Everything else is speculation, we no nothing of who we are trying to sign apart from Rocky, nothing comes out of ER nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Lafferty is out of contract as of March and Stewart is a loan deal, which can be announced as we are in our window.

Everything else is speculation, we no nothing of who we are trying to sign apart from Rocky, nothing comes out of ER nowadays.
    Yup a wee update from Hibs would be nice just to say they are still working on key targets and signings are imminent....it's the constant silence that is getting people worried/concerned. We've had nothing for weeks apart from the kit launch.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I agree with you on that. I also agree with you that there are many things that can get in the way of a transfer being announced. I happened to think that a deal with Marciano has been done but Hibs will not announce until all the appropriate paperwork is done to bring in a non EU national. The same thing happened with Ambrose.
    The 30th of June thing is nonsense though. If a deal is all agreed and signed to start on 1st of July then it can and would be announce now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Greg Stewart is joining the sheep on a year loan deal
    We're already losing out on signings to divisional rivals.

I really hope we aren't re-adopting the transfer policy that got us relegated the first time around. If you want to finish in the European spots, AHEAD of Aberdeen, AHEAD of Hearts, you compete with them for wages.

I'm aware we may have simply offered the same/more and Stewart chose them because of their current stature, but it's indicative. That's two of our main striker targets down already and all we have right now is two reserves.

The stand is paid for, we've had record ST sales for two years (with little spend last season) AND we've just got £1M in the bank. No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yup a wee update from Hibs would be nice just to say they are still working on key targets and signings are imminent....it's the constant silence that is getting people worried/concerned. We've had nothing for weeks apart from the kit launch.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You also have to take into consideration players and officials being on holiday, just because we're back training it doesn't mean everyone else is. If were after certain players from certain teams we may have to wait till everyone is back ready to get on with the deals, hence why July 1st is important as that's when the English and a lot of foreign leagues window opens.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Saturdays gonna be some day!

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post

I really hope we aren't re-adopting the transfer policy that got us relegated the first time around. If you want to finish in the European spots, AHEAD of Aberdeen, AHEAD of Hearts, you compete with them for wages.

I'm aware we may have simply offered the same/more and Stewart chose them because of their current stature, but it's indicative. That's two of our main striker targets down already and all we have right now is two reserves.

The stand is paid for, we've had record ST sales for two years (with little spend last season) AND we've just got £1M in the bank. No excuses.

Who says they were targets, ​I've not seen anyone at the club mention them apart from the papers.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Who says they were targets, ​I've not seen anyone at the club mention them apart from the papers.
    We don't mention targets until they sign.

Testimonial Due

How do you know that they were both targets??

Testimonial Due
    We don't mention targets until they sign.
    so they weren't targets then?? you said that's 2 of our targets down.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    5pm Saturday 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    5pm Saturday 😂😂

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

3 weeks ago everybody was buzzing after securing Efe. Now, everywhere you look people are pissing their pants. The chat of "Feel good factor" or "momentum" leaving is nonsense imo. At no point over the last 3 years have i doubted this board. At no point over the last year have i doubted Neil Lennon.

The likelihood is we're signing Whitty and Marciano. That leaves us needing 2 strikers, a winger and potentially a centre mid.

There's teams aiming to compete in and win the Champions League/bigger leagues than ours that haven't even begun their summer spending yet and we've got drama queens on here greeting on every single thread about "no signings" despite there being 3.

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT. IT'S. STILL. JUNE!!!

Billy Maddison.jpg

Last edited by GreenNWhiteArmy; 26-06-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    can't just leave it at that you tease!!

In all seriousness, myself and probably same as others the frustration comes from being bored, desperate for season start so would be good to just get excited over a star signing!

We will sign players just need to tell myself to be patient. Just guess am terrified at thought of us losing out on any targets and Simon Murray (who I think will be a decent signing) is our main striker going into next season all along!

Brian Graham + Murray are on fire your defence is terrified!!

@hibs.net private member
    We're already losing out on signings to divisional rivals. I really hope we aren't re-adopting the transfer policy that got us relegated the first time around. If you want to finish in the European spots, AHEAD of Aberdeen, AHEAD of Hearts, you compete with them for wages. I'm aware we may have simply offered the same/more and Stewart chose them because of their current stature, but it's indicative. That's two of our main striker targets down already and all we have right now is two reserves. The stand is paid for, we've had record ST sales for two years (with little spend last season) AND we've just got £1M in the bank. No excuses.
    Thought Stewart was more a midfielder or winger than a striker ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I am concerned that our team has not been able to sign the players that we need to achieve our targets. I am confident that the senior management team and BODs are doing everything possible to sign quality players to our team within our budget. If it takes longer to do so I would rather have quality players compared to rushed signings of players who are no better than we have at present.

Thank Gerard for that piece of information, that basically told us the square root of hee haw.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thank Gerard for that piece of information, that basically told us the square root of hee haw.
    Thanks for replying to my post I disagree with your opinion of it as your reply is not constructive. Perhaps you could expand on why my post tells us nothing

Thanks for replying to my post I disagree with your opinion of it as your reply is not constructive. Perhaps you could expand on why my post tells us nothing
    I think your post is a bit contradictory. You're concerned we haven't made signings but you're confident in the management doing so. And you don't mind waiting for quality signings. So concerned or not concerned?

My view is that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and quality signings will arrive shortly. Oh, and I have no concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I think your post is a bit contradictory. You're concerned we haven't made signings but you're confident in the management doing so. And you don't mind waiting for quality signings. So concerned or not concerned?

My view is that there is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and quality signings will arrive shortly. Oh, and I have no concerns.
    Fair Point I have concerns that we have not signed the players we need and also have confidence in the Management to get approval of Hibs BODs to sign the players we need. At this time I accept the need to be patient; but my patience has limits and the closer we get to the 5th August my concern will increase if said signings are not made. At this time my concern is low.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Found this. Looking at it we are in the same boat as everyone else having released/sold more than we've recruited. The huns and Motherwell have brought in mair players but looking at what Motherwell brought in it's not great. We have plenty of time to get new recruits in and I'm pretty sure they'll be quality signings. Also interesting he's got a fee of £1.5mil on there for JC.

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.co.uk...nsfer.html?m=1

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Left by mutual consent!
    Had my wedding at ER Saturday. Signings are green to go. Just be patient guys.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    Found this. Looking at it we are in the same boat as everyone else having released/sold more than we've recruited. The huns and Motherwell have brought in mair players but looking at what Motherwell brought in it's not great. We have plenty of time to get new recruits in and I'm pretty sure they'll be quality signings. Also interesting he's got a fee of £1.5mil on there for JC.

http://nareystoepoker.blogspot.co.uk...nsfer.html?m=1
    Not in exactly same boat - we are the promoted team. We also did not run away with the Championship so shows that strengthening is absolutely essential. We also needed 2 emergency loans last year on a threadbare squad that is now even smaller...

Other teams knew where they finished last season and so will be planning recruitment around that. Hence most wont necessarily be making huge changes and need to hurry on deals.

I don't want Lafferty especially but if he was genuinely a target and Hearts got their first...well, I'd be annoyed!

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Not in exactly same boat - we are the promoted team. We also did not run away with the Championship so shows that strengthening is absolutely essential. We also needed 2 emergency loans last year on a threadbare squad that is now even smaller...

Other teams knew where they finished last season and so will be planning recruitment around that. Hence most wont necessarily be making huge changes and need to hurry on deals.

I don't want Lafferty especially but if he was genuinely a target and Hearts got their first...well, I'd be annoyed!
    We have a solid core to the team (assuming Rocky'll be back). Our only real issue is strikers which I believe will be sorted soon enough. I get the tenseness of the close season but it's early in the transfer window and we will get quality players in. All this 'missing out' on players is pure speculation as no one bar Hibs recruitment team know out targets.
    On lafferty I would guess that his agents done his job, the best way to make the gunts pay more is to make them think we want the player. I believe out strikes will be a level above KL when we do find out who they are. I'm jot in the least bit worried about Hibs atm. I trust the people running the club.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Cheers. I feel much better now :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Were they at your wedding ?......congratulations by the way

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Married on Saturday and you have time for .net on the Monday? How did that happen

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Fair Point I have concerns that we have not signed the players we need and also have confidence in the Management to get approval of Hibs BODs to sign the players we need. At this time I accept the need to be patient; but my patience has limits and the closer we get to the 5th August my concern will increase if said signings are not made. At this time my concern is low.
    Basically you are a little worried, but hope you are not worried by august, when if we've not made the signings you are confident we will make, you will have concerns.

Thanks for clearing it all up Gerard.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Basically you are a little worried, but hope you are not worried by august, when if we've not made the signings you are confident we will make, you will have concerns.

Thanks for clearing it all up Gerard.
    Thanks for your sarcy comments. I have no concerns regarding them