hibs.net Messageboard

Page 48 of 81 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2404

Thread: Summer Signings

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Starting to get frustrated at lack of signings forgetting we've signed 3 and it's still June. Patience isn't my stong point.
    Good sensible post :)

I think folk are probably understandably nervous because we don't have the main striker in and there's talk of McGinn being off but overall I think it's in a decent place.

Defence is in a very healthy state - particularly if we're resigning Marciano.

We're a centre mid down in FF so that'll need fixed.

Attacking players wise we're down Cummings, Holt, Keatings and Humphrey.
    We're up Murray and Swanson which, while not like for like feels like an upgrade on Keatings and Humphrey.

We're looking for 3 for squad parity with last year and, assuming NL and LD have known Cummings was offski, you'd hope they must have clear targets for a first choice goalscorer to replace him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post

I think folk are probably understandably nervous because we don't have the main striker in and there's talk of McGinn being off but overall I think it's in a decent place.

We're up Murray and Swanson which, while not like for like feels like an upgrade on Keatings and Humphrey.

We're looking for 3 for squad parity with last year and, assuming NL and LD have known Cummings was offski, you'd hope they must have clear targets for a first choice goalscorer to replace him.
    Not sure why Humphrey keeps getting counted and Shinnie not quoted - he played a bigger part last year. Obviously not quite memorable though ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Not sure why Humphrey keeps getting counted and Shinnie not quoted - he played a bigger part last year. Obviously not quite memorable though ;)
    Balls - I knew there was someone I was forgetting from the attacking side.
    Tbf I actually quite liked Shinnie - one of the few we had who could play an incisive through ball.
    Presumably Swanson for Shinnie then which puts us one further back (depending on your thoughts on Humphrey).

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    That lot have quite consistently said that the stand doesn't affect the football budget. They are two different things apparently. Which is absolute garbage.

So in other words, they haven't learnt from previous mistakes and they'll spend money they don't have on the team. For all they were absolutely garbage, a lot of the foreign boys they signed weren't coming in for peanuts. Worth remembering they shelled out a fair amount on Goncalves in January as well.
    This time hough that would effect AB not any banks.
    I doubt AB wants to be skint.
    I agree though it's very tricky times a bad start to the season and the natives stop paying and you can see the problems mount.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    As theories go, this could be a bit out there but...

...maybe the reason we haven't had confirmation of anyone signing is because we haven't signed anyone?

Just a thought.
    pishing myself

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

You mention Humphrey who did the square root of sod all apart from the Dundee U game but in the same breath forget we resigned Boyle an attacking winger better than Humphrey was last season.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    You mention Humphrey who did the square root of sod all apart from the Dundee U game but in the same breath forget we resigned Boyle an attacking winger better than Humphrey was last season.
    The point of the post was about improving or finding parity from last year. None of the players who re-signed were mentioned. We didn't need to replace Boyle because he re-signed but numerically we do need to replace Humphries, hopefully with someone who will make more of an impact.

Names listed were who left the club hence no mention of Boyle.
    Totally agree about Humphrey not doing a great deal though in his defence he was injured badly.

Should have mentioned Shinnie who is a far bigger deal replacement wise than Humphrey as he played a lot of games.

Got a lot of time for Boyle anyway based on last season but if he kicks on this season could prove to be one of the best keeps of the closed season :)
    Having him and Murray means we do at least have pace - a much quoted problem with the squad.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Henderson could replace Shinnie.

Testimonial Due
    Got to admit, im not quite at the panic stage yet regarding signings. However I am more at the concerned stage. This is 40 odd pages of complete twaddle regarding signings, I've yet to see anything solid regarding any of names mentioned. Only thing I've seen of Whittaker is a article in the sun.

I appreciate Hibs will be looking for things to be done quietly, and I do believe we will have targets identified. However the updates of Season Ticket sales are drying up, the only positive news in recent times was the release of the new kit. Hibs should be looking to announce something ASAP to get the ST sales back on the go, can't help but feel we are sleeping a little bit. Genuinely thought this was a year we could smash 13k + Season tickets, we might still. But I feel less positive than I did 2 week ago. Think Hibs have missed a good opportunity in providing weekly updates just to keep feel good factor rolling on. Even the Rocky transfer is dragging on, its probably tied up but it would be nice to read confirmation

Come on Hibs, announce a couple this week!

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Names listed were who left the club hence no mention of Boyle.
    Totally agree about Humphrey not doing a great deal though in his defence he was injured badly.

Should have mentioned Shinnie who is a far bigger deal replacement wise than Humphrey as he played a lot of games.

Got a lot of time for Boyle anyway based on last season but if he kicks on this season could prove to be one of the best keeps of the closed season :)
    Having him and Murray means we do at least have pace - a much quoted problem with the squad.
    I have a feeling squirrel is gonna have a great season, there will be more space for him to run into in the top league (less teams playing 10 behind the ball). His game came on a long way last season and I can only see him improving.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

A player who won't come back to haunt us, doesn't score or create and as many bad days as good.
    77 games for Hibs, are you actually saying he was bad in nearly 40 of those? Total rubbish. Give me 10 examples where he played badly.

He creates plenty, go watch some highlights from the last 3 years and you'll see that.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    77 games for Hibs, are you actually saying he was bad in nearly 40 of those? Total rubbish. Give me 10 examples where he played badly.

He creates plenty, go watch some highlights from the last 3 years and you'll see that.

Where did you get 40 from, if you want to be pedantic then it's 38.5 games which is half.

I m not going to start scrolling through loads of matchday vids just to try and prove a point to you, this my opinion whether you like it or not and I'll not change my mind on Fyvie because you say so.

Back to not seeing your posts me thinks.

Greg Stewart is joining the sheep on a year loan deal

First Team Breakthrough
    Greg Stewart set to sign for Aberdeen according to Sky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    There are some utterly neurotic ****s posting on this forum. Absolutely no patience whatsoever.
    I don't think some people realise it's not even July yet...

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    we are back in pre season now

im surprised we are still 5 or so short of what we need

Where did you get 40 from, if you want to be pedantic then it's 38.5 games which is half.

I m not going to start scrolling through loads of matchday vids just to try and prove a point to you, this my opinion whether you like it or not and I'll not change my mind on Fyvie because you say so.

Back to not seeing your posts me thinks.
    That's why I said nearly 40...

Block my posts if you fancy mate, I'm just giving my opinion in response to yours. You are so defensive of your opinions. I never said you weren't entitled to it but there isn't much wrong with me challenging it or asking you to back it up with some discussion.

Fyvie was poor so often that he was first choice for Alan Stubbs and for much of Neil Lennons time here.

As I said in another thread, hopefully we can get a new scapegoat signed up asap.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Very disappointing news if true! Fingers out Hibs!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    It's not even June 30th yet?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Very disappointing news if true! Fingers out Hibs!
    Baaaaaa-d news indeed.

Who says we were after Stewart, our dealings may well be done but can't be verified until players contracts are up on June 30th, remember our Window starts a lot earlier than most of Europe.

First Team Breakthrough churchie16's Avatar
    Who says we were after Stewart, our dealings may well be done but can't be verified until players contracts are up on June 30th, remember our Window starts a lot earlier than most of Europe.
    Why would we not be after Greg stewart he scored goals a good left foot takes people on the kind of guy we're screaming out for after Cummings left.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Let's be honest we haven't signed anyone yet. If we had it would be announced. Im sure the Sun linked us with a loan move for Stewart a couple of times, I'm fairly disappointed as he's a good player at this level.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RamYer1902 View Post
    I don't think some people realise it's not even July yet...

We are under 2 weeks til our first game of the season, people underestimate pre season and having players in by then. Not panic yet but surely you would have liked some sort of clear idea who we are signing to score the goals in this team. Especially as it's going to be couple weeks of JC gone.

Because the June 30th chat on here is complete nonsense. If we sign a player we can announce it now. We signed and announced Swanson when he still had games to play for st. Johnstone ffs.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Let's be honest we haven't signed anyone yet. If we had it would be announced. Im sure the Sun linked us with a loan move for Stewart a couple of times, I'm fairly disappointed as he's a good player at this level.
    "Don't panic" as Corporal Jones often said ... and Nero funnily enough, as he played "Arrivederci Roma" on his fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Because the June 30th chat on here is complete nonsense. If we sign a player we can announce it now. We signed and announced Swanson when he still had games to play for st. Johnstone ffs.

Not if we're still negotiating with players down south or abroad, we may still be working on pay offs and offers.

Swanson was out of contract so could arrange a new club, we may be after players still at clubs like Rocky who has a contract at Ashdod still. They cannot release him from his contract till June 30th.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I am concerned that our team has not been able to sign the players that we need to achieve our targets. I am confident that the senior management team and BODs are doing everything possible to sign quality players to our team within our budget. If it takes longer to do so I would rather have quality players compared to rushed signings of players who are no better than we have at present.

Not if we're still negotiating with players down south or abroad, we may still be working on pay offs and offers.

Swanson was out of contract so could arrange a new club, we may be after players still at clubs like Rocky who has a contract at Ashdod still. They cannot release him from his contract till June 30th.
    If we are still working on pay offs or offers then the deal is not done. Any contract we sign could start 1st July but can easily be signed now.
    The 30th June is completely meaningless made up nonsense.
    Lafferty and Stewart are both coming from down south yet appear to be totally disregarding this 30th June magic date.