hibs.net Messageboard

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Signings

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not really true though. They could have kept Torres player registration for the duration of his contact, but it would be a bad move for both parties.

As for Suarez, regardless of what he says it's still a legal document and had they blocked the move against Suarez will they would have been sued by the player.

he didn't sue them though - he chose not to - even though Henry admits that legally they were obliged to accept the offer...and Henry's point is not about bureaucracy - of course you can choose to hold a player - it's about reality - you end up with a valuable asset not performing, and causing discord across the club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    he didn't sue them though - he chose not to - even though Henry admits that legally they were obliged to accept the offer...and Henry's point is not about bureaucracy - of course you can choose to hold a player - it's about reality - you end up with a valuable asset not performing, and causing discord across the club.
    My point is that it would never have got the the point of legal action. If the player wanted to leave Liverpool would have accepted. I don't believe that Henry rejected without knowing the player's stance on the matter.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    My point is that it would never have got the the point of legal action. If the player wanted to leave Liverpool would have accepted. I don't believe that Henry rejected without knowing the player's stance on the matter.

Wenger has claimed since that he already had had verbal agreement from Suarez. it's unlikely Arsenal would have made that bid without some sign that Suarez would move. Liverpool's position forced Suarez to force through the move, he didn't though...and Liverpool stood strong.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Another Cathro classic quote! Just WTF does the bolded bit mean! This guy is more barking than a barky barking thing!

“These are things that happen as a team evolves, as a team grows and moves on. This is a natural thing and we all move forward. It’s important that the [captain’s] role is a more constant role and it’s also important that we have a number of players who live their lives like that.”
    Somewhere over the rainbow, the answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Absolutely no chance Henderson will sign. My son knows his brother and he has a year left on his contract with interest coming from down south too.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    All gone a bit quiet this week. Any further news at all regarding transfers?

Holiday time for everyone

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Liam Sercombe coming in from Oxford apparently. 27 year old goal scoring midfielder who would require a fee of around £100,000.

Don't know much about the lad but apparently a few English lower league clubs are interested as well.

Source: Daily Ranger this morning...

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobosz83 View Post
    Liam Sercombe coming in from Oxford apparently. 27 year old goal scoring midfielder who would require a fee of around £100,000.

Don't know much about the lad but apparently a few English lower league clubs are interested as well.

Source: Daily Ranger this morning...
    Charlton apparently one of them.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    If we sign Liam Sercombe I think that's a strong indication that Fyvie is away, and with Ryan Jack leaving Aberdeen it wouldn't surprise me to see Fyvie go back there

Left by mutual consent!
    We defo need more goals from midfield and I suspect NL feels the same. If this lad signs then we should between him and Danny be looking for an extra 20+ goals next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Charlton apparently one of them.
    I see the price in the article about them being in is £150,000 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    If we sign Liam Sercombe I think that's a strong indication that Fyvie is away, and with Ryan Jack leaving Aberdeen it wouldn't surprise me to see Fyvie go back there
    If McInnes does leave Aberdeen and Stubbs gets the job. The Fyvie there makes total sense.

I wouldnt be surprised one bit to see FF end up at Aberdeen or Motherwell
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 27-05-2017 at 09:08 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone know much about it him? Presume he's a central midfielder which makes Commons joining much less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    I would t be surprised one but to see FF end up at Aberdeen or Motherwell
    Could see him at Aberdeen absolutely.

I just hope if he does leave then it's to have another shot down south. This isn't a John Rankin or a Tom Taiwo leaving us. FF has real quality we will miss

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post

I just hope if he does leave then it's to have another shot down south. This isn't a John Rankin or a Tom Taiwo leaving us. FF has real quality we will miss
    Yeah totally agree mate he's got a lot of quality and I'd love to see him stay or go back south and have another shot there.

When he was given the midfield general role v montrose at home he didn't show much quality (Scott Allan came off the bench to demonstrate what real quality is in that role)

I went through to ibrox, w hen a win would have seen us go top, yet Fyvie cost us 3 goals, one vs a depleted 10 man rangers, and I didn't see what we'd be missing.

Just a personal view but I do see him as a tom taiwo or Antonio Murray type.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    When he was given the midfield general role v montrose at home he didn't show much quality (Scott Allan came off the bench to demonstrate what real quality is in that role)

I went through to ibrox, w hen a win would have seen us go top, yet Fyvie cost us 3 goals, one vs a depleted 10 man rangers, and I didn't see what we'd be missing.

Just a personal view but I do see him as a tom taiwo or Antonio Murray type.
    I've seen David Gray, Darren McGregor and John Mcginn all cost us goals this season. I couldn't ever compare Scott Allan and FF because they're both entirely different players

Our form last season when he was missing wad clear for all to see. The impact he had in the cup final was clear for all to see. Imo the games he plays alongside Bartley are the games where he looks useless. It's an either/or for me and in games where we're looking to turn defence into attack quickly and retain the ball, a player like FF plays a key role in that

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    It sounds like hot air to me.... goes on to say that due to his visa issues that Scotland is the most likely location for him.

Most Transfer news at this time of the year seems to be chinese whispers!
    Which is still better than Caucasian shouting.

I see Sercrombe is describes as the yellow Steven Gerrard.

Going by the video he certainly looks like s player we have needed for years by arriving in the box late or getting beyond the striker to stretch the game.

Happy if we get him.

Speaking of Oxford what's the latest with Chris Maguire? Was that just a load of rubbish?

Just watched a couple videos on YouTube of him.

https://youtu.be/EiuuiEeBh-Y

looks ok I guess. Hard to judge from videos which are always going to make any player show their highlights.

Rankin was a better player than Fyvie , he could only dream of scoring a squiggler and id say he's no better than Taiwo IMO obviously

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Rankin was a better player than Fyvie , he could only dream of scoring a squiggler and id say he's no better than Taiwo IMO obviously
    Well IMO that is total nonsense. Fyvie is twice the player Rankin was and five times the player Taiwo is. I think he will be a huge loss to us especially if he signs for our direct competitors in the league. JR was no big loss and TT certainly wasn't.

@hibs.net private member
    I suggest you go and watch the cup final again.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Well IMO that is total nonsense. Fyvie is twice the player Rankin was and five times the player Taiwo is. I think he will be a huge loss to us especially if he signs for our direct competitors in the league. JR was no big loss and TT certainly wasn't.
    ok so tell me what Fyvie does that Rankin couldnt do , Same for Taiwo

Left by mutual consent!
    Would you like the number for my optician?

And for the record, Rankins squigglers were pish.

ok so tell me what Fyvie does that Rankin couldnt do , Same for Taiwo
    Are you sure you've ever seen him play?

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    I suggest you go and watch the cup final again.
    oh yeah i forgot he single handed won us the cup . oops