hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 81 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Signings

First Team Breakthrough

Summer Signings

Now that we are officially back in the top flight, it has been well documented that we will need to bring in a few more high calibre players in the summer to compete near the top end of the table.

So, who would you sign in the summer and who would you offer contracts to or get rid of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

If I was Neil Lennon I would look to definitely try and keep: Mcgregor, McGinn, Hanlon, Mcgeouch, Gray, Cummings, Bartley and Boyle and would want all of them starting next season.

I would also like to keep: Holt, Fyvie, Keatings and Harris as players to come of the bench/back up.

Players to get rid of: Graham and McLean (providing we keep ambrose)

Players on loan: I know that it is up to the parent club but would like to see us definitely keep Marciano, Shinnie and Ambrose - Marciano as first choice and Ambrose and Shinnie as back up.

Players to sign: Certainly a striker to partner Cummings (as we've seen he doesn't work well up front by himself) A right back/centre back, would love too see a return of Gunnarson, would also like to see us make a push for Liam Henderson as he doesn't seem to be wanted at Celtic. A fast winger to go on the opposite wing of Boyle would be ideal too.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was Neil Lennon I would look to definitely try and keep: Mcgregor, McGinn, Hanlon, Mcgeouch, Gray, Cummings, Bartley and Boyle and would want all of them starting next season.

I would also like to keep: Holt, Fyvie, Keatings and Harris as players to come of the bench/back up.

Players to get rid of: Graham and McLean (providing we keep ambrose)

Players on loan: I know that it is up to the parent club but would like to see us definitely keep Marciano, Shinnie and Ambrose - Marciano as first choice and Ambrose and Shinnie as back up.

Players to sign: Certainly a striker to partner Cummings (as we've seen he doesn't work well up front by himself) A right back/centre back, would love too see a return of Gunnarson, would also like to see us make a push for Liam Henderson as he doesn't seem to be wanted at Celtic. A fast winger to go on the opposite wing of Boyle would be ideal too.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
    Ambrose is out of contract. And Shinnie is unlikely to come back to us on loan to be a backup player.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Ambrose is out of contract. And Shinnie is unlikely to come back to us on loan to be a backup player.

not sure where Shinnie would go better than hibs with a guaranteed starting place?

Depending on where his heads at... I'd go all out to get stokes back in and do everything we can to keep JC. Those two starting on Saturday and we'd have battered them.

hope we can keep rocky , sign a striker that can score on a regular basis , a left back , a centre back, steve mallan or tony andreu for the midfield

out - keatings , fyvie , graham , mclean , stanton . Cant see shinnie being here next season , he's a decent player just hasnt worked out for him here. Doubt we could afford ambrose wage so he will go

Testimonial Due
    Is Fraser Fyvie the new hate figure at Hibs ?? Why get rid of Fraser the lad is quality

Well said ☺

Ideal World, potentially unrealistic:

GK: Marciano, Turnbull

RWB: Whittaker, Gray
    CB: McGregor, Forster
    CB: Ambrose,
    CB: Hanlon,
    LWB: Stevenson, Crane

RCM: S. Allan, Swanson
    DCM: Bartley, Fyvie
    LCM: McGinn, McGeouch

ST: Stokes, Holt
    ST: Cummings, Keatings

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Stokes is on 14k a week, and still looking for advances on them. Apparently he's back betting on losers again.

Dont see him coming back for the wages we pay, and he's also got that huge fine and legal fee's of around the 500k mark to find.

He will be hanging around the bigger wages for some time yet.

Hate myself for saying this but I'd be looking to bring in a quality left sided defender/wing back/full back to give us "competition" in that area.

It's important we keep the core of this team together, there's a few things that need added, but no more than a handful of players.
    The main areas we need to add to is up top, I think we can all agree that there haven't been anywhere near enough goals scored. We need a striker to complement Cummings (if he's still here), basically do what Holt does, but with more goals scored. Up till Saturday I thought that Holt shouldn't be given any extension, simply because he hasn't been the goal threat he should be with his experience. But if we can get that level of performance out of him, and an improved return then I'll be happy to see him stay. Ironically it might be that he finds it easier to do these things against teams in the top division, as there should be more space in attacking areas, and so more places to just drift into, like his goals against hearts and Aberdeen.
    Still I think someone else with those attributes is needed.

As is more width, though that might be partly solved with Swanson. Possibly with Humphrey if he can keep fit.
    And keep Marciano.

Like to see us go for Osman Sow. Tin hat and all that but he'd be a great foil for Cummings. Probably on a packet in China though. Kenny Miller would be a great signing too and a realistic one at that. I think Lennon will sign a couple of gems and really excited about Dempster and Craig's plans.

Heard a lot of people say kenny miller,it's a no from me.

[QUOTE=hibs#1;5022695]Heard a lot of people say kenny miller,it's a no from me.[/QUOTE

I think this is highly probable. Think would be a great signing

Ryan Gauld

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Is Fraser Fyvie the new hate figure at Hibs ?? Why get rid of Fraser the lad is quality
    Most of the comments I've read are along the line of after him being subbed early - he probably won't want to stay.

If Lennon wants him to stay them it'll take a clear the air chat for him to remain here. I hope he does!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Fraser would be first on my team sheet every single week - madness folk want him to leave.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Peter Grant Falkirk still only 23 decent centre back

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Fraser would be first on my team sheet every single week - madness folk want him to leave.
    im glad your not the manager

Kenny Miller plus one of Lewis Moult or Liam Boyce. Miller can still play deeper as well as up top, still has an engine and scores goals. The other two are big players who will score goals. Would keep the middle of the park the same, including Shinnie if possible. Hendo would be good but still can't see it happening with Celtic in the Champions League they need a decent sized squad for league games.

An out and out left winger is a must, Boyle to keep progressing and with Swanson signing that would give us three wide options plus Miller.

Defensively very similar if we keep Rocky then amazing, cover for right back.

So about 4 more players, quality over quantity. We don't need massive squads, we need a quality group of around 16-18.

Testimonial Due Tha Cabbage Kid's Avatar
    I think cummings will be gone so it's fair to say we need a whole new strike force as Holt (part from his great game against sheep) is not good enough. Nor Graham. Keating's can't get a game 4 us in championship. Ambrose will be gone and so will shinnie. We have a lot of work to do. K.miller is not the answer either. Might get a season out of him. Marciano could be away too if we can't offer him a cracking deal as I'm sure he could get offers from some big clubs

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hate myself for saying this but I'd be looking to bring in a quality left sided defender/wing back/full back to give us "competition" in that area.
    Of all the areas we should be looking at this is pretty close to the last.
    We're very solid at the back and Stevenson barely puts a foot wrong defensively.

Our principle issue this season - as it has been for a while - is not enough goals.
    Those that attribute that to our left back not being not great at crossing are playing the man rather than the ball so to speak.

As for the "competition" argument it's curious that Gray who imo has been no better going forward, is less solid defensively and has no back up player for his position (aside from while we've had an emergency loan for Ambrose that won't be renewed) isn't more of an issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post
    I think cummings will be gone so it's fair to say we need a whole new strike force as Holt (part from his great game against sheep) is not good enough. Nor Graham. Keating's can't get a game 4 us in championship. Ambrose will be gone and so will shinnie. We have a lot of work to do. K.miller is not the answer either. Might get a season out of him. Marciano could be away too if we can't offer him a cracking deal as I'm sure he could get offers from some big clubs

Gosh your a cheery one

Cummings is on a 3-4 year deal
    So unless we get offered huge money he's going nowhere
    As for Kenny miler he's been the rangers best player for past 2-3 years id take him definitely

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Cabbage Kid View Post

Perhaps you should read the Evening News where Marciano says he wants to stay

Marciano types is key. Few spl players will make us better or beyond budget. We need luck with few unknown gems.

any of the following for me

Cammy Kerr
    Michael Devlin
    Aaron Taylor Sinclair
    Scott Allan
    Gary McKay Steven
    Liam Henderson
    Stevie Mallan
    Kenny Miller
    Miles Storey
    Nadir Ciftci
    Louis Moult
    liam Boyce

if we we could afford them is another matter. I expect us to resign Shinnie and Ofir permanent.

its about time we start cherry picking the best players in Scotland.

Mallan
    O'Halloran
    The Polish Bloke
    Swanson
    1 or 2 older players in the English Championship who are struggling to get a game down there but are still no bad.
    Conrad Logan
    Niall McGinn
    Falkirk's best players just to annoy Houston

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Marciano types is key. Few spl players will make us better or beyond budget. We need luck with few unknown gems.
    Wish folk stop niall mcginn hes sub mostly at dons and wages better bumping jason and john.

Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    Wish folk stop niall mcginn hes sub mostly at dons and wages better bumping jason and john.
    Niall McGinn has been a regular in the Aberdeen 11 all season.

No chance we will get him.