hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

The rats are emerging...

Anyone else heard from the Gorgie Galacticos since the weekend? Now that they have stopped cacking themselves some have started to make an appearance, party white from their time in darkened rooms.

Let's face it chaps - our defeat has been their best result this season.

I overheard this morning an Aussie train conductor congratulate a passenger of his acquaintance who happened to be Aberdeen supporter. The conductor then did this strange little dance as he proclaimed he was a guunt and was relieved and delighted at the Dons victory. Further up the carriage I quietly bided my time until he came to check my ticket, at which point I reminded him of the skelping his merry band of charity thieves had taken from the Hibees. At that point he decided he was actually a neutral. 'Too late' I reminded him, and his eye contact was negligible thereafter.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Maybe he could knock off a few stale cakes off the train trolley to donate to their cake sale? If only they'd got a money spinning cup run going they might have avoided having to do jumble sales and vicar of dibley style fetes just to make up the shortfall on the one new stand.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    They have been very chirpy since they're not terrified of us winning the cup anymore. They've not bad a great deal to be pleased about though since we ended their season in February.

Alas, I fear our defeat has come too late in the day to save their season. Although I could be wrong. If so, it's merely indicative of how far, how quickly, their expectations have fallen.

Ooh to ooh to be...

Maybe they're due a wee bit of a celebration, the novelty of the world's most famous expensive girder being lowered into place has worn off and there's been zero good news since. Especially now that they've been told to fire up the ovens as there's not enough money to pay for whatever they're going to attach to the girder.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe they're due a wee bit of a celebration, the novelty of the world's most famous expensive girder being lowered into place has worn off and there's been zero good news since. Especially now that they've been told to fire up the ovens as there's not enough money to pay for whatever they're going to attach to the girder.

Oh that famous girder. One of Scotland's most iconic structures at the home of one of the most famous clubs on the planet. Only big famous clubs build superstructures like that to help make their new ground smaller than their rivals.

Left by mutual consent!
    Listen, if you've saved the world from Nazi domination then the least you deserve is a nice new girder.

Not heard a peep out of them apart from the odd laugh (there would be something wrong if they didn't find it funny) .They know we were genuinely hard done by and can hardly talk.

Liam Henderson said it perfectly on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Listen, if you've saved the world from Nazi domination then the least you deserve is a nice new girder.
    preferably one you don't have to pay for.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    It would seem the national hide n seek championship has come to an end.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not heard a peep out of them apart from the odd laugh (there would be something wrong if they didn't find it funny) .They know we were genuinely hard done by and can hardly talk.

Liam Henderson said it perfectly on twitter.
    Missed that... what did he say?

Saturday was one of the biggest games of their season, if hibs had won they would have been absolutely ****ting themselves that we might just pull it off.

What a miserable existance being a jambo and once again having their season ended in early febuary and spending the rest of the season looking over at what we're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Missed that... what did he say?
    http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/04/liam-henderson-takes-a-dig-at-hearts-fans-after-hibs-cup-exit/

Sorry I can't do proper links on my phone.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/04/liam-henderson-takes-a-dig-at-hearts-fans-after-hibs-cup-exit/

Sorry I can't do proper links on my phone.
    ... and I can't get mine to copy and paste it. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    ... and I can't get mine to copy and paste it. C'est la vie.
    It was a picture of Jase and "Edinburghs still green" :-)

He needs to cut out all this Celtic nonsense and come home.

According to keekback they feel they should be signing John McGinn.

Hahahaha with what........

Also the new stand will be bringing in a fortune so they'll be signing players on 5k per week

Delusional

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    They are a right strange bunch of chaps. Bizarre attitude the lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    According to keekback they feel they should be signing John McGinn.

Hahahaha with what........

Also the new stand will be bringing in a fortune so they'll be signing players on 5k per week

Delusional
    It will bring in a fortune though, look how much extra Mrs Budge has said she's going to be squeezing out of them already and it's not even built yet.The first cake hasn't even been decorated yet.

Sir Matt Busby

They are so crap most of the Hearts fans in my work barely mentioned our game. Even Mr 'Lest we Forget' tattoo only made one predictably insipid comment about getting '****ed harder than a sheep'.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    They are so crap most of the Hearts fans in my work barely mentioned our game. Even Mr 'Lest we Forget' tattoo only made one predictably insipid comment about getting '****ed harder than a sheep'.
    Make a note to wear your Hibs tie to the wedding once his boyfriend finally proposes.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Perfect weekend for Hearts. We lost and they didn't.

I was at a wedding on Saturday, chatting to a older yam who said he was at the 7-0 game, was happy we had lost to Aberdeen, but then said, 1-5 made up for 7-0, so I questioned him about their cheating and thievery, no reply!
    Then decided to show my wife his 5-1 cufflinks, she said to him 'you should grow up!'

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Has he got the creditors names all lined up alphabetically underneath or is he still saving up to get the tattoo finished properly?

Sir Matt Busby

I dont fear hearts nor do i even think about them.....they were in our shadow before the romanov era and are back in our shadow now....they are nothing and i hope danny swanson tears them a new one next season

At least now Hibs will be off the telly for a wee while they can go back to watching cookery programmes for tips.

They also have the death trap being demolished to look forward to, which should result in the roads being closed in Gorgie that day, if 4,000 of them can turn up to Easter Road to watch their team get demolished they will be expecting even more to watch the demolition of one of the worlds most iconic buildings

I notice that apparently that funny police control box thingy that sticks out from the Gorgie stand is staying, which will obstruct the view from a load of seats in the new stand ...... they seem a bit upset about it .... hell and I thought it was hilarious that you wont be able to see the pitch from hospitality, now it turns out you wont even be able to see the pitch from your seat
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 24-04-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    At least now Hibs will be off the telly for a wee while they can go back to watching cookery programmes for tips.

They also have the death trap being demolished to look forward to, which should result in the roads being closed in Gorgie that day, if 4,000 of them can turn up to Easter Road to watch their team get demolished they will be expecting even more to watch the demolition of one of the worlds most iconic buildings

I notice that apparently that funny police control box thingy that sticks out from the Gorgie stand is staying, which will obstruct the view from a load of seats in the new stand ...... they seem a bit upset about it .... hell and I thought it was hilarious that you wont be able to see the pitch from hospitality, now it turns out you wont even be able to see the pitch from your seat
    That might be a blessing for them with that abysmal team of theirs. Truly honking.

The odd sneaky comment but put firmly back under their rocks.

New stand will be far superior than ours.... yeah but you've not got the money to finish it!!!! Silence.

I asked about their 'fundraising' week to be told 5-1 blah blah.... I burst out laughing and mentioned Administration and bumping the Lady Haig Poppy fund to be told that it was all made up bull so as to tarnish their great name!!!!!! I showed him the list.... 5-1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Anyone else heard from the Gorgie Galacticos since the weekend? Now that they have stopped cacking themselves some have started to make an appearance, party white from their time in darkened rooms.

Let's face it chaps - our defeat has been their best result this season.

I overheard this morning an Aussie train conductor congratulate a passenger of his acquaintance who happened to be Aberdeen supporter. The conductor then did this strange little dance as he proclaimed he was a guunt and was relieved and delighted at the Dons victory. Further up the carriage I quietly bided my time until he came to check my ticket, at which point I reminded him of the skelping his merry band of charity thieves had taken from the Hibees. At that point he decided he was actually a neutral. 'Too late' I reminded him, and his eye contact was negligible thereafter.
    Reminding them that they still have the Ian Cathro/Craig Levein dream team should be enough to wipe the smiles from their faces.

The only group of fans who see schadenfreude as the first port of call, no matter how good or bad their own team are.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I seen one posting on Facebook that we had 'Hibsed it'. Tragic people