hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't think Messi is as far ahead of Ronaldo as many on here seem to be suggesting.

This is looking like it will be the first year that Ronaldo's not going to score an average of at least one goal per game since the 2010/11 season (when he scored 53 goals in 54 appearances!). Even then, he's currently on 31 goals from 39 games which is none too shabby.

Ronaldo's career goalscoring record isn't bad either - since he signed for Real Madrid, he's scored 395 goals in 387 appearances which is a better goals average than Messi. He's also achieved success in two different countries, Messi hasn't.

Their international records are very similar as well.

I think if people are being honest, they would say that there's very little between them. They are two of the greatest football players in the history of the sport.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Messi is as far ahead of Ronaldo as many on here seem to be suggesting.

This is looking like it will be the first year that Ronaldo's not going to score an average of at least one goal per game since the 2010/11 season (when he scored 53 goals in 54 appearances!). Even then, he's currently on 31 goals from 39 games which is none too shabby.

Ronaldo's career goalscoring record isn't bad either - since he signed for Real Madrid, he's scored 395 goals in 387 appearances which is a better goals average than Messi. He's also achieved success in two different countries, Messi hasn't.

I think if people are being honest, they would say that there's very little between them. They are two of the greatest football players in the history of the sport.
    I think Ronaldo is a better goal scorer, or at least he has been since he signed for RM. As an all round player though I think Messi is significantly better than him and he's probably been the best player in the world since he was about 19. Ronaldo probably took until he was 24 or so to be at that level. I do however think that Ronaldo is the second best player ever.

Messi. No contest. Ever game changed cant judge

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I suspect he isn't comparing them to anyone, and just doesn't really like messi.
    I suspect you're right WeeRussell. The silence is deafening.

Just an utterly phenomenal football player. I know its been debated to death and its all about opinion but it really is very hard to argue against him being the greatest theres ever been.

500 career goals and he's not even 30 yet. Wow. Just wow.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Messi without a doubt the greatest player of his era.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

They're only comparable when you look at the statistics in terms of goals scored. If you watch them, particularly in an El Classico match where they go head to head, you will see Messi making everything happen, everything goes through him. Ronaldo, on the other hand, only really looks to get into the box to score. He is a great goalscorer, but he is nowhere near Messi's level at all.