hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite like Aberdeen as I have historic family roots up there.
    So, good luck to the Sheepies.
    Me anaw, well done the Dons and good luck in the final.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Think of it as more of an antidote to the sour grapes we've seen on here from some...

Yeah, the sour grapes is very grating.

Congrats & Best of luck Aberdeen from me. Would love to see them win it.
    With the huge loss of money from oil in this area- a bit of happiness for the city would be a nice thing.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I've no allegiance either way, but agree that Celtc going through an entire season unbeaten doesn't do much for Scottish football.

But I'm convinced Aberdeen will fold in the final.

Left by mutual consent!
    The sheep fans are up there with Hearts fans in terms of delusions of grandeur.

I hope Celtic pump them back to the 1980's where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    **** Aberdeen. Hope they get hammered.
    This

Personally I hope the lucky lambs get slaughtered in the final. Don't want Aberdeen, Hearts or Dundee United winning anything. We aren't competing against the old firm but we are competing with those 3 for the scraps so I'd rather they were beaten and beaten badly imo.

Not bovvered.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Hope they lose to a deflected shot in the last minute
    45 AND RISING

I'm not too bothered who wins - I'll now be busy that day so won't be watching. If I was, I'd imagine I'd end up betting on Celtic and therefore want them to win (as I fully expect them to win).

However, if anyone is basing their decision on fans.. surely we're not taking preference of CELTIC fans over Aberdeen?!

I doubt anybody on here is going to be naming Aberdeen as their 2nd favourite club any time soon. But I fail to see why anybody would want to see Celtic continue their domination of Scottish football by beating them in the final ..... the big picture here is that anything which allows Celtic to monopolise the three major domestic competitions can only be bad for our game.

I would baulk at wanting the Huns to beat them in a final because historically the club that spawned them was just as bad. I couldn't bring myself to want the manky Gorgie mob to beat them either, coz I never, ever, want to see that bunch of poppy thieves win anything ..... but that aside I'll support anybody against Celtic in a cup final and that includes the Sheep.

So c'mon the Dons, kick their Weegie ***** !!!

Unfortunately its not gonna' happen

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I doubt anybody on here is going to be naming Aberdeen as their 2nd favourite club any time soon. But I fail to see why anybody would want to see Celtic continue their domination of Scottish football by beating them in the final ..... the big picture here is that anything which allows Celtic to monopolise the three major domestic competitions can only be bad for our game.

I would baulk at wanting the Huns to beat them in a final because historically the club that spawned them was just as bad. I couldn't bring myself to want the manky Gorgie mob to beat them either, coz I never, ever, want to see that bunch of poppy thieves win anything ..... but that aside I'll support anybody against Celtic in a cup final and that includes the Sheep.

So c'mon the Dons, kick their Weegie ***** !!!

Unfortunately its not gonna' happen
    Absolutely correct!!!

Though to say Celtic have not monopolised Scottish Football for the last 6 years is not true!

To take anything from Celtic now by any Scottish team is going to be a mammoth task, they are bringing in £4.5 million players and loanees from the best EPL teams, while the rest of us are looking at players from lower league to bolster our challenge?

The more they win the more they'll spend, and I don't see that changing for the next 10 years!!!

So, come on the "DONS" try and break some of their stranglehold on Scottish Football!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Absolutely correct!!!

Though to say Celtic have not monopolised Scottish Football for the last 6 years is not true!

To take anything from Celtic now by any Scottish team is going to be a mammoth task, they are bringing in £4.5 million players and loanees from the best EPL teams, while the rest of us are looking at players from lower league to bolster our challenge?

The more they win the more they'll spend, and I don't see that changing for the next 10 years!!!

So, come on the "DONS" try and break some of their stranglehold on Scottish Football!!!!
    It is true ............ In the last 6 years 5 clubs apart from Celtic have won the league cup, the Scottish cup is the same ...... but Celtic under Rodgers are now looking nothing short of unbeatable, he is using these untold millions wisely and bringing in players several levels above what anybody else in Scotland could hope to afford ..... unfortunately barring the odd massive upset who the hell is going to stop their sledgehammer smashing the Scottish football nut for the foreseeable future ..... Hibs?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I'm in the not bothered camp. It would be nice if the game is close for the neutrals watching on tv. If Celtic go a couple up early doors it won't be worth watching.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar
    I want them to get absolutely hammered, not because I dislike Aberdeen as a club but it's down to the fact that their fans don't deserve it after a shocking turnout/performance on saturday.

I don't care about Aberdeen winning the game, but I definitely care about Celtc losing so it's good luck to the Sheep.

That said, the only reason to think that they have a chance of winning this year's final is that they are in it. Celtc are just too good for them.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    No sour grapes but no patting on the back from me either.

Not a style of football I go for but these niggly fouls helped break things up - it's a style preference.

I wont be watching the final but that's no different from other Scottish finals where Hibs don't feature.

I've stood on the same Terrace as the sheep when I lived there and their fans are knowledgable and decent enough and support their local team admirably if not so much on this occasion.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    No sour grapes but no patting on the back from me either.

Not a style of football I go for but these niggly fouls helped break things up - it's a style preference.

I wont be watching the final but that's no different from other Scottish finals where Hibs don't feature.

I've stood on the same Terrace as the sheep when I lived there and their fans are knowledgable and decent enough and support their local team admirably if not so much on this occasion.
    Agree alot of niggly fouls and fair bit of throwing themselves down. Was in South and not hugely impressed when Gray was trying to get the ball and the Aberdeen assistant deliberately dropped the ball behind him. No need IMO it wasnt as if it was a breakaway was just trying to get the ball.

if all celtics key players are fit aberdeen have got nae chance , i can see them taking a sore 1

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Personally I hope the lucky lambs get slaughtered in the final. Don't want Aberdeen, Hearts or Dundee United winning anything. We aren't competing against the old firm but we are competing with those 3 for the scraps so I'd rather they were beaten and beaten badly imo.
    A bit like seeing another wee kid getting a doin' from one of the two playground bullies. Oh the joy.

First Team Regular
    They've been lucky that they have not had to spend any money on their dilapidated stadium for years. This means they have been able to cherry-pick players from other clubs by offering more money. Let see what they are like when the have to finance their new stadium. (if that ever happens!)
    Last edited by Criswell; 24-04-2017 at 09:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    No love for either team but as the lesser greens will be raging if they don't do the treble I'll be hoping Aberdeen win.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

I really hope Aberdeen win the final.

I don't even want Celtic to win the toss.

Celtic will win the final though and they'll likely go the full season undefeated as well.

well im with celtic, one good turn deserves another, the loans of ambrose and commons turned out quite well for us. And the 2 last season.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Anything that bursts the condescending Celtic fan's bubble will do for me. Harder choice if the Gorgie thieves are involved but they're not. Simply cant see them carrying that much luck in 2 games given the gifts they received at the weekend

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    ****** Aberdeen ... ****** them , hearts , and the old firm. Who gives a monkeys who wins it , as long as we arent in it and it isnt Hearts.
    Correct ! Hibs or no one else

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    They've been lucky that they have not had to spend any money on their dilapidated stadium for years. This means they have been able to cherry-pick players from other clubs by offering more money. Let see what they are like when the have to finance their new stadium. (if that ever happens!)
    Sure I heard on the radio recently that it costs then in excess of 500k a year just to keep their main stand open. A bit like another "famous" team.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Cringey thread. As if Aberdeen haven't had enough luck!

I would like to wish the absolute worst luck to any club that isn't Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    If it's not us winning something,then I'd prefer it was one of the old firm that won it.
    I just see it as a chance missed otherwise.

On top of that,I can't ******* stand Aberdeen.

We are out now, not interested in Final or who wins
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull