hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Last 3 games

Last 3 games

Hopefully an opportunity for the likes of Harris, Scott Martin & perhaps even Callum Donaldson at right back and Fraser Murray, both of whom have already been on the bench this year.

Having said that, I hope we can get 3 wins to keep the positivity / momentum into next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully an opportunity for the likes of Harris, Scott Martin & perhaps even Callum Donaldson at right back and Fraser Murray, both of whom have already been on the bench this year.

Having said that, I hope we can get 3 wins to keep the positivity / momentum into next season.
    I hope the players you mention, particularly Harris, get a chance but I think Lennon wants 71 points to top Stubb's total as he mentioned 70 points in an interview as a target.

I hope to see these guys get a bit of a run out in the last 3 games although I want to win them all.

Marciano

Donaldson
    McGregor
    Forster
    Stevenson

McGinn
    Martin
    Fyvie

Boyle
    F. Murray

Cumdog

@hibs.net private member Jim Herriot's Avatar
    I'm quite looking forward to being able to say "This game isn't really very important."

Not that anyone is likely to say that of course.

Apart from me.

Wednesday is going to be very subdued. Lowest league crowd of the season I'd think.

I'd give a few of the young players a game. Fraser Murray seems to have been doing well ifor the 20s and Lennon has spoken positively about him. Anybody not likely to be with us next season should just be left out of the last few games.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Strongest team available to start every game with the exception of any player that has indicated they won't be here next season then I'd just leave them out. The players will get about 6 weeks off in the summer, so plenty time for rest, so I'd give the fans value for money and put out a decent side for the last three games and go out and have a go.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Strongest team available to start every game with the exception of any player that has indicated they won't be here next season then I'd just leave them out. The players will get about 6 weeks off in the summer, so plenty time for rest, so I'd give the fans value for money and put out a decent side for the last three games and go out and have a go.
    Not to mention our games will have a big say in who is or isn't relegated from the division. Got to be fair to all teams in division, sporting integrity and all that.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Youngsters need put in to see what they are made of. I'd like to see a few given the chance. If not now then when?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

Raith will be well up for it on Wednesday as they're fighting to avoid relegation/play offs

I quite like the look of the lad Gullan.

Seems very positive and runs at defences and gets a fair amount of goals.

Anyone seen him consistently and know how old he is?

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Happy for fringe players to be given a shot. We need to do what's best for us, and giving some a rest and others a chance makes sense to me.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post

Raith will be well up for it on Wednesday as they're fighting to avoid relegation/play offs

Hope we gub them.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I quite like the look of the lad Gullan.

Seems very positive and runs at defences and gets a fair amount of goals.

Anyone seen him consistently and know how old he is?
    His grandad scored a hat trick against Manchester United albeit in a friendly.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Herriot View Post
    I'm quite looking forward to being able to say "This game isn't really very important."

Not that anyone is likely to say that of course.

Apart from me.

When was the last time we had a dead rubber game? Every game for the last three seasons has been meaningful up to now in terms of the play off spots and what have you. Be quite nice to troop along on Wednesday with the outcome having little consequence.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    When was the last time we had a dead rubber game? Every game for the last three seasons has been meaningful up to now in terms of the play off spots and what have you. Be quite nice to troop along on Wednesday with the outcome having little consequence.
    Saw someone on twitter post earlier today that this is the first time since 2011 that we can relax in May. Since then we've either been in cup finals or play offs!

Probably the last half an hour of the derby in February.

Saw someone on twitter post earlier today that this is the first time since 2011 that we can relax in May. Since then we've either been in cup finals or play offs!
    It will be;

May 2012 - THAT final
    May 2013 - Final v Celtic
    May 2014 - Play offs v Hamilton
    May 2015 - Play offs v Sevco
    May 2016 - Play offs v Raith Rovers and Falkirk and THE final

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The relegation season had something at stake in every game, but would need to look back at the seasons before that to liik for any dead rubbers.
    It has been quite exhausting for us fans, so the mental pressure on guys like Hanlon and Stevenson who have been at the club for a while must have been pretty intense.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 23-04-2017 at 10:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    It will be;

May 2012 - THAT final
    May 2013 - Final v Celtic
    May 2014 - Play offs v Hamilton
    May 2015 - Play offs v Sevco
    May 2016 - Play offs v Raith Rovers and Falkirk and THE final
    There wasnt a cup final in 2012. It never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    His grandad scored a hat trick against Manchester United albeit in a friendly.
    On second thoughts it might have been Man City.

The relegation season had something at stake in every game, but would need to look back at the seasons before that to liik for any dead rubbers.
    It has been quite exhausting for us fans, so the mental pressure on guys like Hanlon and Stevenson who have been at the club for a while must have been pretty intense.
    May 2011 was that year.

Out of both cups and safe from relegation by the end of April.

Not for me test a few fringe players or different formations absolutely no need to field the strongest team. Lennon can decide what will help Hibs most happy to let him decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Not to mention our games will have a big say in who is or isn't relegated from the division. Got to be fair to all teams in division, sporting integrity and all that.
    Rubbish EVERY team does what is best for them not other rivals. If you are in a relegation battle at this stage then that is thier problem not ours.

I would definitely be starting Harris.

The cameo against QotS last week was....interesting.
    If he could start replicating that kind of run and pass even inconsistently but at least reasonably regularly (if that makes any sense!) then I would definitely keep.

The next three games are a chance to find out - much as I like Shinnie we're fairly clear on what we've got there and I'm sure a decision is either made or under consideration about whether to retain his services so we gain nothing really from playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Probably the last half an hour of the derby in February.
    👍👍👍😂😂😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Marciano

Donaldson
    McGregor
    Forster
    Stevenson

McGinn
    Martin
    Fyvie

Boyle
    F. Murray

Cumdog
    I like the look of that set up ...looks like a good balance in that team ..

If one more person on that Facebook group says Oli Shaw and Jamie Insall i may have to get their internet access revoked.

Harris must be involved, same for Humphrey. A decision must be made on both players future. We are paying for Efe till the end of the season so no reason to drop him. I'd also expect Shinnie to play full games to allow Lennon to make a call on his future. I wont be surprised if we don't see Fyvie in the team.

I aslo want to see Martin start all 3 games.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MrHibs
    Ofir

Donaldson
    Forster
    McGregor
    Stevenson

Martin
    Fyvie
    F. Murray

Harris
    Humphries

Keatings

Give players from the weekend a rest (where we can) and a chance for some of the guys on the fringes to step up to the plate.