hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fans leaving

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noticed that from the north, but just assumed it was a bit of frustration on their behalf and they were heading up for a fag/pee/bovril/whatever. I'm sure the majority, if not all, were back 5 mins later.
    I think the same. Certainly weren't any visible gaps compared to kick off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    Guy on our bus left straight after Aberdeen scored their first !🤤
    That's ONE Minute into the game!!
    He's got previous as well 😱😱😱
    To make matters worse he held up the bus for 20 minutes, as he was still in the pub.
    Prick of a man 😤😡😠
    That's mental.

Not as bad but my nephew left after Falkirk scored their third goal against us in 2013. He had also paid for his carers ticket and rail travel from Edinburgh. He had just arrived home at his flat in Dalry, put the telly on, when Hibs scored the fourth goal. I shouldn't but

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    East stand near the south stand. Seemed a but strange to me.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk
    I saw one leave in same area who never came back to the same seat. Don't know why you are saying "a few hundred". Fans go the toilet or get food at these points. I've never left a game but equally if others feel they want to do that I've no problem. I actually thought it was one of our best supports at Hampden.

To make matters worse he held up the bus for 20 minutes, as he was still in the pub.
    Prick of a man 😤😡😠
    The guy obviously isn't a football supporter at all. goes to games, especially semi's and finals for the day out, to talk with supporters and most importantly have a good piss-up. NOT a FOOTBALL fan at all. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy a pint as much as the next man but it doesn't come before the football-if it does then I would say he has a serious drink problem.

First Team Breakthrough
    Most went to calm down i think. Certainly all beside me in g1 came back in a few minutes. Non story.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Poster on here admitted that he left Hampden in a huff after Rangers 2nd goal on 21.5.16. And took his kid with him.

after watching us come back from 2 down to hearts, 3 down to Falkirk, scored many late goals including grays winner. I don't understand why anyone would leave a hibs game early unless we are being hammered.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    There were a few folk around me left their seats at the second goal but they came back, I've done it myself at Hampden before when things have got frustrating, gone to the gents or sometimes stood on the concourse for a while to calm myself down. I think there were a fair few people who left at half time in the Falkirk semi a few years back and have learned not to do it again!
    Yip, I was one of those Falkirk halftimers. Never again.

J

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Poster on here admitted that he left Hampden in a huff after Rangers 2nd goal on 21.5.16. And took his kid with him.
    Oooft! What a plumb! One goal in it, that's crazy.

At least my 0-3 at HT for the Falkirk game on the back of the 5-1 the year before was kinda justified.

J

No danger were 'hundreds' leaving after goal. More likely away for a pee & pie

There's always a lot of folk in here take umbrage at the suggestion but Hibs fans are really bad for leaving games early- and yes everyone is entitled to id they want but I find it weird. Even during normal league games it never ceases to amaze me how the stands -mainly the East start to empty 5-10 mins before the end even when it's a close game. A load of folk in my row left just after Aberdeen's 3rd goal.

Was in F4 and cant say I noticed anybody leaving either at the 2nd sheep goal or even after their 3rd one ..... as other folk have said it was probably folk who went for a fag out the back of the east or decided it was a good time to go to the bog or for a pie .... certainly for the 2nd half our section and those either side didn't appear to have any empty seats.

I'm not saying some folk didn't leave, but if they did it was a tiny minority .... our fans were magnificent yesterday .... I've been going to watch the club for 40 odd years and I can safely say I cant remember a time where our fans have been so vocal or shown such passion as they are at the moment, currently the best in Scotland I would say

I was in East South corner and when the sheep scored the 2nd, I went for a piss. Then spent a minute or so having a quick puff at a tab, so can look back and see where any would have left. Didn't see anyone. Did see an unusually large number of folk doing the same but...

Each to their own but I never leave a game before full time, after all, I want to see my team from minute 1 to minute last each and every game. In fact, as soon as the game is over I am looking forward to the next game . HATE the close-season with a passion.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Oooft! What a plumb! One goal in it, that's crazy.

At least my 0-3 at HT for the Falkirk game on the back of the 5-1 the year before was kinda justified.

J

Yup mental behaviour. And 100% parenting fail.

I walked out of the 2012 Cup Final on 75 minutes after they scored their 5th. But the game was obviously gone!

Prick of a man 😤😡😠
    Bought a ticket, travelled all the way through to Glasgow and only saw 1 minute (in fact not even that, it was about 14 seconds in they scored)of the game?! Smart move

I went up the stairs after the 2nd to treat myself to a hot dog and a water £7.10

As the old saying goes , Some mother's do have them !! but if I'm honest " it really grips ma **** "

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Thats beyond insane , now knowing the outcome of course. I cant believe how horrible a feeling that must be , knowing that ur laddie thinks ur a dick because he missed out