hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Squeaky Nike Air Max trainers

My boy is driving me nuts moaning about his trainers.
    He's bought a pair of Nike Air Max with his own money. They were £120.
    When walking one of them squeeks very loudly from the heel . It's sounds like Donald Duck :-)

At first I just thought he was whining like he does but after hearing it , I certainly couldn't walk about making that noise.
    He got them about a week ago from JD.

Will he be able to return them?

Anyone else have Air Max that are not squeeky ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Not the same problem, but I have a pair of Cat boots that I can't wear to work because they squeak really loudly on the (Flotex) floor covering - they drove everyone (including myself) mental.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When walking one of them squeeks very loudly from the heel . It's sounds like Donald Duck :-)

At first I just thought he was whining like he does but after hearing it , I certainly couldn't walk about making that noise.

Could chance your arm and take them back as faulty, they may decide to replace them for you (generally asking for a replacement is more likely to get a positive outcome than asking for a refund). They could decide to be awkward and say no.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

Tweet Jd sports customer service department, big companies are terrified by social media now.

His biggest problem is buying a pair of Nike trainers! Adidas are what the style conscious man about town reaches for.

Seriously as said above get social media involved and argue they are faulty. A few retweets, shares, favourites etc and they will respond.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    You need to be more specific about the squeek. Is it from the inside of the shoe at the heel? Is the inside backing made of leather? I found in my younger days shoes would squeek as a result of loose fitted (not tying laces) or slightly too big (one foot is usually slightly smaller ) and as a result the walking up and down movement and friction on the sock caused the squeek. It would normally stop when broken in and the leather on the heel softened. A wee bit of Vaseline also helps.
    If its not the above and the actuall trainer then yip social media it.

I guess a quick check on gettingn him to walk with a varierty of sock, sports, ankle, football etc. No socks and tighten them to see if it fixes the issue

The squeak seems to coming from the air pocket on the heel on the outside.

I just phoned them and I have to take them in so the supervisor can make a judgement (her words)

Seemingly a common problem going by Google .

PB , I'm an Adidas type of guy and was surprised he bought them along with tight jogging bottoms
    What a state :-)

Mind you , I remember wearing tight bleached jeans and pink pod Sandles in the 80's.
    Deary me

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    The squeak seems to coming from the air pocket on the heel on the outside.

I just phoned them and I have to take them in so the supervisor can make a judgement (her words)

Seemingly a common problem going by Google .

PB , I'm an Adidas type of guy and was surprised he bought them along with tight jogging bottoms
    What a state :-)

Mind you , I remember wearing tight bleached jeans and pink pod Sandles in the 80's.
    Deary me
    I'm so, so sorry :-/

It might have been me that pointed and laughed at you in the street all those years ago!

Edit... Just glad you didn't do the same to me and my pink flairs around 10 years earlier!!!,

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Just Alf; 23-04-2017 at 12:22 PM.

They're faulty and should be replaced by the shop. Dinnae take any ***** off the manager about a judgement call.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    They're faulty and should be replaced by the shop. Dinnae take any ***** off the manager about a judgement call.
    I hope that this is the case. The wife is away up just now.

I had trouble returing t shirts there in the past.
    The inside neck tag was placed just infront on the shoulder instead of the back of the neck and looked ridiculous when it poked out on your throat
    They did exchange them in the end but were arguing that it was the design .

Changed no problem.
    Stupid erse got the same ones again
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Changed no problem.
    Stupid erse got the same ones again
    Good stuff. 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    His biggest problem is buying a pair of Nike trainers! Adidas are what the style conscious man about town reaches for.

Seriously as said above get social media involved and argue they are faulty. A few retweets, shares, favourites etc and they will respond.
    I stopped buying Nike gear after the cheap jerseys they made for us last year. I just bought some new trainers but around my town Jimmy Choo is the way to go although comfort isn't a feature in his designs.

I hope that this is the case. The wife is away up just now.

I had trouble returing t shirts there in the past.
    The inside neck tag was placed just infront on the shoulder instead of the back of the neck and looked ridiculous when it poked out on your throat
    They did exchange them in the end but were arguing that it was the design

To be fair to the shop, if it was a Nike tshirt, they have a lot of tshirts where the label is now attached at the shoulder rather than the back of the neck - I do agree it's daft though

I had to take my new Nike Air Max back to the shop yesterday after wearing them once. The stitching inside the left trainer between the trainer and tongue was terrible and left an overlap of material that rubbed against my wee toe. Shop took them back no bother and I bought them in February.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    fair play to schuh, just returned a pair of converse that were almost a year old as the rubber toe bit had come loose from the rest of the trainer and they exchanged them no bother with no questions asked.

I was expecting an argument as they were so old but I've hardly worn them (in comparison to how much I wear other trainers) so thought it was worth a shout and asking them if they'd offer anything but they couldn't have been any better. In and out within 5 minutes with brand new trainers, delighted.