hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aberdeen Today

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their songs are so good though. "Come on you reds" is probably the best. Or "aberdeen aberdeen aberdeen" in fact.
    Any fans of any team who chant to the utter dirge that is "oh when then saints go marching in" really need to wake up and enter the 21st Century. I don't know if I'm irrational in my disdain for it but it really grinds my gears. No wonder their team can't get it up with that boring drone in the background.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Oh no chance. **** them. The tims will now win the morn and deal with they bottling ****s! **** the sheep

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I would prefer they beat either of the glory hunting bigot brothers.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    Any fans of any team who chant to the utter dirge that is "oh when then saints go marching in" really need to wake up and enter the 21st Century. I don't know if I'm irrational in my disdain for it but it really grinds my gears. No wonder their team can't get it up with that boring drone in the background.
    No new songs since the 1980s

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Sadly, I gotta agree with this .
    I dislike Celtic but in Rogers they have somebody who is professional enough to ruthlessly maximize their massive financial advantages over the other clubs without going to sleep at the wheel and hoover up all the domestic trophies.

The only upside of this is that it might be a long time before any other team get a sniff of what we did in May 2016.

No hard feelings towards Aberdeen. They were poor and got a huge slice of luck. It happens.

I'll be rooting for them in the final due to a long standing loathe for the bigot brothers.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCdeb View Post
    You do realise they won?

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    They carried loads of luck yesterday. The sort the Huns will need today. I'd prefer it if the Sheepies won but can't see past Celtic.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Final will be poorer for Hibs defeat in the semi. We turned up for 60 mins yesterday and more than matched (the-world-beating-utterly-amazing-2nd-best-team-in Scotland) Aberdeen.

Hibs are the only team in Scotland who could give Celtic a game in the final, Aberdeen will get destroyed (yet again), but s'pose that's what the media and pundits want for their Glasgow Darlings. It would simply be too much for them if Hibs threatened to pump the other half of the OF in the Cup Final.

Aberdeen are bottle merchants who'll be satisfied with the day out at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Putting green tinted spectacles aside, I have to say that I thought Aberdeen were decent yesterday. They were pretty fluid in their passing and movement and I thought they looked pretty comfortable with the ball.

The loss of the daft goals and our poor tactics obviously changed the way we approached the game. We got back into it through sheer grit and endeavour, helped by some flashed of brilliance like Boyle's run and cross for Holt, and the interchange between Holt and McGeouch for the second.

Generally, we were always chasing the game and that made us a bit rushed at times. Also, when we scored the equaliser, I felt we sat off them too much and let then start dictating the pace of the game, it might have been better to go for the jugular.

What it showed me is that we are not far off being well equipped to do well in the SPL. We gave them a rollociking game, after giving them a two goal start and picking the wrong players and formation to start with.

I felt utterly gutted at losing in the end. Reflecting back on the game this morning, it was an opportunity lost. No matter what, I still feel proud of our fans who gave us brilliant backing and turned up in numbers. The players also gave everything they had, on the day bad luck and strong opposition meant it wasn't enough. We can hold our heads up high.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Putting green tinted spectacles aside, I have to say that I thought Aberdeen were decent yesterday. They were pretty fluid in their passing and movement and I thought they looked pretty comfortable with the ball.

The loss of the daft goals and our poor tactics obviously changed the way we approached the game. We got back into it through sheer grit and endeavour, helped by some flashed of brilliance like Boyle's run and cross for Holt, and the interchange between Holt and McGeouch for the second.

Generally, we were always chasing the game and that made us a bit rushed at times. Also, when we scored the equaliser, I felt we sat off them too much and let then start dictating the pace of the game, it might have been better to go for the jugular.

What it showed me is that we are not far off being well equipped to do well in the SPL. We gave them a rollociking game, after giving them a two goal start and picking the wrong players and formation to start with.

I felt utterly gutted at losing in the end. Reflecting back on the game this morning, it was an opportunity lost. No matter what, I still feel proud of our fans who gave us brilliant backing and turned up in numbers. The players also gave everything they had, on the day bad luck and strong opposition meant it wasn't enough. We can hold our heads up high.
    I agree with practically all of that. The better team won on the day. We were poor for the first half hour but they fully exploited that. Hopefully it has demonstrated to the board that if we are going to compete at the top end of the table next season then money will need to be invested in improving this squad.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Only Celtic are a better side than Aberdeen and we shaded the game yesterday. One of their players (Hayes i think) said after the game Hibs were a top 4 team and he's probably right. To be fair to them they had to overcome Hibs when we had all the momentum after coming back from 2 down and also a massive Hibs support. They did and are in the final. Fair play.

Hope the sheep win the cup as I hate both the huns and the lesser greens. Not that their fans deserve it though.
    Last edited by franks; 23-04-2017 at 10:37 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Nae chance I'm born and bred aberdonian but hibs through and through.
    I never want the sheep to win trophies and the cup final will be no different

Quote Originally Posted by franks View Post
    Hope the sheep win the cup as I hate both the huns and the lesser greens. Not that their fans deserve it though.
    Agreed.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I would prefer they beat either of the glory hunting bigot brothers.
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    No hard feelings towards Aberdeen. They were poor and got a huge slice of luck. It happens.

I'll be rooting for them in the final due to a long standing loathe for the bigot brothers.
    This.

I can't believe anyone would prefer to see Celtic beat Aberdeen and win yet another trophy.

I don't want Celtic to even win the toss in the final, assuming that they go on to win today obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    I dislike Celtic but in Rogers they have somebody who is professional enough to ruthlessly maximize their massive financial advantages over the other clubs without going to sleep at the wheel and hoover up all the domestic trophies.

The only upside of this is that it might be a long time before any other team get a sniff of what we did in May 2016.

Absolutely. Celtic have hit the jackpot with Rogers. Brilliant manager.

@hibs.net private member
    I couldn't care who wins. Hibs are out so I have no interest in the tournament. Can't wait until next season.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This.

I can't believe anyone would prefer to see Celtic beat Aberdeen and win yet another trophy.

I don't want Celtic to even win the toss in the final, assuming that they go on to win today obviously.
    Not for me. Now that we're back in the SPL Aberdeen are one of our rivals. I don't want them getting the boost that we got from winning the cup.

Celtic winning it doesn't bother me, they win everything anyway, if we're not winning it then why not have them winning it so that our rivals don't get a massive bounce from a cup win.

If Rangers had won today however I would have wanted Aberdeen to skelp them. The longer they go without winning their first major trophy the better.

This.

It would be a phenomenal achievement to win the treble and remain unbeaten.

Good luck to them in the final.
    Any other year I'd be behind the underdog

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    which set of fans will get the hibs end in the final ?

Aberdeen fans are becoming as deluded as the fuds. They even call themselves "the famous". A spanking in the final should do the trick.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    which set of fans will get the hibs end in the final ?
    Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    It would be a phenomenal achievement to win the treble and remain unbeaten.

Good luck to them in the final.
    Any other year I'd be behind the underdog
    Would you feel the same if it was Sevco going for the treble?

I couldn't care less about Celtic and their treble ambitions.

Would you feel the same if it was Sevco going for the treble?

I couldn't care less about Celtic and their treble ambitions.
    in all honesty...., it would be an incredible achievement to go all season undefeated and win the treble.
    Good luck to them.

at any other time I'd be behind the underdog.

Last edited by Kavinho; 24-04-2017 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not for me. Now that we're back in the SPL Aberdeen are one of our rivals. I don't want them getting the boost that we got from winning the cup.

Celtic winning it doesn't bother me, they win everything anyway, if we're not winning it then why not have them winning it so that our rivals don't get a massive bounce from a cup win.

If Rangers had won today however I would have wanted Aberdeen to skelp them. The longer they go without winning their first major trophy the better.
    This for me. We could do without Aberdeen getting another major lift from winning a cup which in turn would increase their ST sales. If they get pumped again then I can see their fans falling by the wayside. I'm far from a Celtic apologist and on the day I'll probably want Aberdeen to win as soon as I see Celtic lining up, but logically for Hibs it has to be Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Agree with all of that