hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fyvie...

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a difference a week makes on here.
    Spot on! Fyvie was the difference last week and now he is leaving. Unbelievable!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I think Fyvie is one who is out the door in the summer from what I'm hearing. Had a poor game today I actually felt for him.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think Fyvie is the best player at the club technically. I just don't think the system suits him and we haven't played to his strengths since Stubbs left. Wouldn't be surprised if Rangers signed him at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by anon1875 View Post
    I think Fyvie is the best player at the club technically. I just don't think the system suits him and we haven't played to his strengths since Stubbs left. Wouldn't be surprised if Rangers signed him at the end of the season.
    Both Hearts and Rangers would be interested I think. Like you said, great technical player who just needs the right team and system which sadly isn't working for him right now

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    For me personally it wasn't that he played bad it was his manner and lack of urgency when getting subbed. Then when we score he is seen sulking looking miserable. I understand he maybe felt like he had a point to prove against his old team but he made himself look very selfish and not a team player.

That being said we are a better team when he is playing and had it not been for the yellow card he probably would have stayed on.

But again the annoying thing for me was the way he behaved as I didn't think he was playing bad. I also agree that a Scottish cup hero deserves more respect than is being shown.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Fraser Fyvie is a Scottish Cup winning hibs legend who deserves more respect than he gets. He got subbed today because the formation was wrong. It was nothing to do with how he was performing as the whole team up till that point had been brutal. Let's not over analyse things here.
    This

The attitude towards him is disgraceful from some on here.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    For me personally it wasn't that he played bad it was his manner and lack of urgency when getting subbed. Then when we score he is seen sulking looking miserable. I understand he maybe felt like he had a point to prove against his old team but he made himself look very selfish and not a team player.

That being said we are a better team when he is playing and had it not been for the yellow card he probably would have stayed on.

But again the annoying thing for me was the way he behaved as I didn't think he was playing bad. I also agree that a Scottish cup hero deserves more respect than is being shown.
    Fyvie sulking on the steps was before Holt scored I'm sure. And I think he was rightly pissed off to be subbed after 30 minutes. No player wants subbed, especially that early In a game.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Fyvie sulking on the steps was before Holt scored I'm sure. And I think he was rightly pissed off to be subbed after 30 minutes. No player wants subbed, especially that early In a game.
    I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure it was after the goal.

Left by mutual consent!
    IMO at that point Bartley was causing me more concern in possession, I think the booking was a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbytam View Post
    Nah, not his fault. He was one of 4 players in the same part of the park. I'd have taken Bartley off tbh. Fyvie offers more going forward.
    Agreed. Bartley was a training cone in the first half. But Fyvie got booked hence why he went off. The formation was just stupid to be honest. Lennon made a huge mistake their.

Left by mutual consent!
    I expected more from him when he first signed ... thought he would make a huge impact but, he has never lived up to my expectations and by the sounds of it a few others, if he leaves I wish him well but he hasn't done it with Hibs. Got a cup winners medal and a championship medal so not a bad haul, but I still feel he could have been a lot better and more consistent.

@hibs.net private member
    Fyvie got taken off because Lennon set the team up wrong and he knew he had to change it. At that point anyone of them could have got taken off. Fyvie and Bartley never play well together in the same side. I rate Fyvie higher than Bartley but his attitude was poor when he was subbed

What's aĺl this undeserved booking chat? That was as clear a booking as you'll see and one of the few decisions the clown ref got right.

Aside from that I thought Bartley came on to a game after Fyvie was hooked and in a game like today doing what he does best is crucial. He was woeful early on but as he improved we gradually got on terms in midfield. Fyvie may be a better player all round but Bartley is far better in one particular area.

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Fyvie > Bartley
    This is a weird thing that crops up on here all the time:
    Because they're both deemed defensive midfielders and we don't want to play both at the same time
    it's assumed they have to be compared and that one must be better than the other.

The above lacks any nuance - if I wanted a ball passing or an attack started from deep Fyvie would be the preference.
    If I wanted anyone attacking through the middle harrassed and bullied off the ball I'd go Bartley every time.

I doubt I'd play both in the same XI.

Quote Originally Posted by 'mon the beers View Post
    What does he do well? Can't pass, doesn't challenge for a header, doesn't tackle. For a central midlfied player he doesn't have it. I know folk like him but break it down and tell us what he brings that Marv, Dylan, SJM brings us? Poor mans Marv imo
    This 100% I just don't get this fyvie love in...he offers very very little except.nicr tidy sideways and backwards passes. He hasn't had a decent match since New YEAR yet lennon gets criticised for dropping him
    ....if he is off I wish him well as a cup winning legend but I feel sure lennon will bring in much better

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Silver Fox's Avatar
    Bartley has a specific role in the team, that's why we knew he would start yesterday, Boyle has pace and when fit Dylan is one of the best players we have and offers creativity, FF being the one chosen to be subbed was a no brainer, irrespective of the booking, imo.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    As he said during the week. Least he'll be sitting with his pals at the final.
    Like Griffiths did last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Like Griffiths did last year?
    Difference being that Griffiths doesn't play for Hibs, Fyvie does.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    For the type of team Lennon wants us to be, we need more dangerous passes and vision from whoever is in Fyvie's position.
    Basically, Scott Allan.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I think Fyvie is one who is out the door in the summer from what I'm hearing. Had a poor game today I actually felt for him.
    Much as we've given contracts to out of contract players, we can't keep everyone. We need some movement out, to get better in. If FF decides to move on, disappointed, but hope we can get better in

Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    Sorry to say it but can't see him here next season

It's this the same player who we all raving about as he was driving his teamates forward in the 114 year ending scottish cup final!

Long live Fraser Fyvvie the red haired Hibee.

Fickle fans, some of the negative comments on this thread are astounding.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    It's this the same player who we all raving about as he was driving his teamates forward in the 114 year ending scottish cup final!

During the first 30mins from the 1st whistle - we were getting closed down quickly and bullied all over the park and passing was grim.
    Wasnt surprised Fyvie went.

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post

Astounding but not surprising.

Totally agree, FF didn't have his best half hour in a Hibs jersey yesterday, and like some I was a bit miffed at his slow walk off, but I'd like us to make sure he's here next year. As has been pointed out Bartley gives you a particular style and Fyvie another. Room for both in the squad dependant on the opposition and game.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    Astounding but not surprising.

Totally agree, FF didn't have his best half hour in a Hibs jersey yesterday, and like some I was a bit miffed at his slow walk off, but I'd like us to make sure he's here next year. As has been pointed out Bartley gives you a particular style and Fyvie another. Room for both in the squad dependant on the opposition and game.

GGTTH
    I hope he stays.

Feel for Fyvie. Getting hooked after 30 mins in a semi final is humiliating on a personal level but it was the right move...
    Lots of teams deploy 2 defensive midfielders, it's just the impact it has on the rest since it pushes McGinn & McGeouch out of their best positions and leaves us unbalanced.
    We need two players for every spot and I'd be more than happy for him to stay on if he has the appetite to fight for a place.

First Team Breakthrough cookin_on_gaz's Avatar
    Fyvie is a tidy wee player but his booking made him the obvious choice to be subbed. The ironic cheering when he was subbed, however, was harsh and would be enough to send anyone in a huff. Imagine spending weeks preparing for a massive game against your old club, only to hooked in the first 20 minutes to widespread derision from your own fans. I really do feel for the lad and hope that his career finally takes off, whether it be at hibs or another club.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    He can't have any complaints at being taken off today.
    In fairness though, he was the fall guy for Lennon getting the team wrong.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    In fairness though, he was the fall guy for Lennon getting the team wrong.
    Nah he was the fall guy from a grim team performance.

Heard Lennon on radio after game saying "Frasers team mates had thrown him under a bus". In other words, everyone else's rubbish start meant the starting line up/formation needed changed and it was always going to be Fyvie or Bartley who went off. Nowt to do with his performance, purely tactical.

of course he's going to be gutted, I'd be more worried if he happily jogged off!

For all those who say it was selfish of him to sulk and that he's not a team player, check his reaction when Shinnie scored against Hearts. Was warming up behind goal and ran onto pitch towards Shinnie- not the reaction of a guy who was selfish or sulking cos he wasn't playing.

IMO he was Man of the match last week against QOS, he was brilliant and I'd be delighted if he was with us next season.