hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Beaton

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't give the foul either.
    This is how it feels

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blew for half time with us bearing down on goal but the worst was linesman ignoring blatant handball a few yards in front of him. Cheating *******s

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Blew for half time with us bearing down on goal but the worst was linesman ignoring blatant handball a few yards in front of him. Cheating *******s
    i watched the game again on sky when I got back in. There was a minute injury time in the 1st half and Beaton blew when the minute was up. It was just unfortunate we were breaking at the time. The handball is unforgivable though. It was obvious that the Dons player deliberately controlled the ball with his hand and the linesman choose to look the other way!

Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    i watched the game again on sky when I got back in. There was a minute injury time in the 1st half and Beaton blew when the minute was up. It was just unfortunate we were breaking at the time. The handball is unforgivable though. It was obvious that the Dons player deliberately controlled the ball with his hand and the linesman choose to look the other way!
    One minute was a joke in itself - there were 3 goal celebrations, an injury to Ambrose and a substitution in the first half - that should have given a minimum of 3 minutes, if not more.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Beaton was poor today, extremely inconsistent. Not for the first time either.

Re the handball, just how on earth did the linesman miss it? He's just out of shot here to the left, looking directly at McLean as it happened.

Absolute shocker and they score that horrible deflected goal within the next 15 seconds or so.

IMG_2541.jpg

Sorry - watch the game again. Not even a card-carrying Nazi, white supremacist, Orange hun who had been kidnapped as a child by renegade paedophille priests, who then tortured him in the dungeon of a Belgian farmhouse while blasting out Irish rebel songs in a loop on a souped-up sound system could argue that Beaton was even-handed in his decision making today.
    Last edited by Dashing Bob S; 23-04-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Beaton is pish along with loads of refs and? If Colina was ref today we would still be 2-0.

DM, SJM, Marciano and our defensive wall were even more pish today and thats what concerns me not yet another pish ref.

Is it easier to get stuck into the ref rather than say Darren Mcgregor and John Mcginn ****ed up big style today?

We were pish today when in mattered got our act together and ended up being unlucky, the handball is on the linseman.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    Injury time is not fixed or literal. The announcer even says it: "...a minimum of x minutes..." To blow mid a dangerous looking Hibs attack was, in the words of Hibs commentator Cliff Pike today, a "scandalous decision".

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Injury time is not fixed or literal. The announcer even says it: "...a minimum of x minutes..." To blow mid a dangerous looking Hibs attack was, in the words of Hibs commentator Cliff Pike today, a "scandalous decision".
    what did the sky and bbc "experts" make of that call?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    There was a thread on hibs.net when the semi final refs were announced

I didn't see anyone that was pleased we got Beaton

He lived up to expectations

First Team Breakthrough
    Another reason to bring in tv evidence then there would be virtually no mistakes and we would not be blaming the ref full stop

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by at last 61 View Post
    Another reason to bring in tv evidence then there would be virtually no mistakes and we would not be blaming the ref full stop
    Not sure that TV evidence would have prevented the handball non-call.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Not sure that TV evidence would have prevented the handball non-call.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    It would have done so, but only if the game is stopped so that every potential incident is reviewed. I can imagine that being a popular rule. We'd either get 10 minutes actual play in the 90, or games would last for six hours and in both cases we'd still complain that the TV evidence against us was inconclusive or the officials ignored the TV evidence against the other team.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    It would have done so, but only if the game is stopped so that every potential incident is reviewed. I can imagine that being a popular rule. We'd either get 10 minutes actual play in the 90, or games would last for six hours and in both cases we'd still complain that the TV evidence against us was inconclusive or the officials ignored the TV evidence against the other team.
    I guess the sensible thing would be to revert the game back to the state it was in prior to the foul/handball. Would be controversial chopping off the goal though.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Yep.

And who makes the call for the review in the first place? The 4th official (who's human, and might not spot it either)? The respective coaches?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Yep.

And who makes the call for the review in the first place? The 4th official (who's human, and might not spot it either)? The respective coaches?
    We don't need any reviews. I think most fans will accept that refs do get it wrong sometimes. What we really need is honest and unbiased officials. That would go a long, long way in improving the game.
    Last edited by snooky; 23-04-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Dont know if it's been mentioned but Beatons performance was summed up by two 'high feet' incidents in the first half.

The ball bounces up and Cummings goes for it with his boot and the Aberdeen player lowers his head to 'boot height' and it's a free kick to Aberdeen

The exact same thing happens 10 minutes later but the other way around and guess what... it's play on

The guy was at it. No doubt about it.

Some of the decisions we've had to put up with over the last 5 years or so is appalling. Looking forward to these being evened out...

Yep.

Judging by this thread, the only people that can be trusted with the decision to refer an incident to the TV replays are the fans in the stands.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Dont know if it's been mentioned but Beatons performance was summed up by two 'high feet' incidents in the first half.

The ball bounces up and Cummings goes for it with his boot and the Aberdeen player lowers his head to 'boot height' and it's a free kick to Aberdeen

The exact same thing happens 10 minutes later but the other way around and guess what... it's play on

The guy was at it. No doubt about it.

Some of the decisions we've had to put up with over the last 5 years or so is appalling. Looking forward to these being evened out...
    You mean like this?

What about the foul he gave us when McGregor went over the top of one of their players, then the foul he gave us when one of their players went over Holt in a similar manner?
    And both those decisions were when we were in the ascendancy, so neither fits the narrative of Beaton looking to screw us.

He's still incompetent though.