hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hibs fans today

Our fans were world class, absolutely world class!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite amazing today, among the best Hibs support i've been involved in all my years. We did the club and players proud.

Despite the result, the last 12 months has been an amazing journey, and I'm truly glad to have made it with my fellow Hibbys
    A fine effort from the Hibs support yesterday, I think its just a further reflection of the fact that people feel they've got their club back.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    Why were you not with the rest of us in the east? Great support today.
    I was in a job interview at the time when I finally got to book. When the wifie left to get a coffee I took the chance to book and took the first that came up. Seats were ***** as too close to the pitch. Didn't actually look at where I'd got them for until I got back in the car

When we were 2-0 down and there was a slight lull in the singing the sheep fans started you're not singing any more (the only time I heard them all afternoon) within seconds every man woman and child were on their feet belting out another Hibs song. Really very proud to be a Hibby today.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I was in a job interview at the time when I finally got to book. When the wifie left to get a coffee I took the chance to book and took the first that came up. Seats were ***** as too close to the pitch. Didn't actually look at where I'd got them for until I got back in the car

Are you sure you weren't in the South stand (Main stand) as a plonker tried to get on the pitch after the 2nd Dons goal, he got huckled away.

Happened about 20 yards from me.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    Why were you not with the rest of us in the east? Great support today.
    I'm a simpleton and just twigged. South not west. Regardless I'm a fanny

The fans were magnificent, but these days you can add 'as usual' to that statement. I don't know why, but after 2012 there just seemed to be a growing determination driven by the fans themselves to 'up the ante' when it came to backing the team .... for me it first became evident at the away cup tie at Kilmarnock .... that was only a few months after that disaster and yet we took 4,000 fans to an away game that was live on the telly and they were magnificent that day .... as for the final itself, what a great effort that was by everybody who was there.

For sure things understandably died down a bit after we went into meltdown under Butcher and our subsequent relegation ... but since then the effort to improve the atmosphere at ER especially has been commendable to say the least, everything from the noise to the songbook has improved 100% and the section 43 guys deserve huge credit for that.

Next season the young guys will finally have their own dedicated section behind the goals, a great move IMO because I'm convinced it wont just be the couple of hundred in that section singing but the whole stand ..... lets hope the folk who replace them in the east don't forget that the whole stadium is a 'singing section' and there is nothing to stop them joining in.

Good times to be a Hibby