hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar

Collins Revolt. The truth according to Michael Stewart..

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hearts/interview-michael-stewart-on-hibs-revolt-against-collins-1-4426318

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    He's not as smart as he thinks he is. Twat.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    a good man crackin volley from 20 yards as well

Prat who likes the sound of his own voice. I'm sure his quest to become an MP was all about serving the people.

If this story was a file and I was a secretary, I'd definitely be looking for the category named "who gives a ****".

Edit: saying that, I did love him as a player for us. Part of a great midfield when he got a game.
    Last edited by Pete; 22-04-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Prat who likes the sound of his own voice. I'm sure his quest to become an MP was all about serving the people.

If this story was a file and I was a secretary, I'd definitely be looking for the category named "who gives a ****".

Edit: saying that, I did love him as a player for us. Part of a great midfield when he got a game.
    Harsh.
    A man who knows what he is talking about as far as football is concerned and isn't afraid to say it.
    I'd rather listen to him than someone who pays homage to the 'establishment'

In my opinion Stewart is almost equally likeable/engaging as he is unlikeable/annoying.

Overall my impression of him is more positive then negative tho, and I'd quite like to see him permanently replace that scrote Neil McCann as the main Scottish football pundit for Sky Sports.

Zzzzzzzzzzz Get over it. JC was a great player for Hibs, and he brought us a trophy.
    But with the complete lack of respect some folk on here have for our cup winning managers- I expect I'm alone in my views.
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 22-04-2017 at 10:21 AM.

10 years after it happened. On the eve of a SC semi final. Boring.

You couldnae lace John Collins boots Stewart.

Promising Youngster MickeyEdwards's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP Bestie View Post
    Harsh.
    A man who knows what he is talking about as far as football is concerned and isn't afraid to say it.
    I'd rather listen to him than someone who pays homage to the 'establishment'
    I liked Stewart as a player at Hibs, full of effort, commitment and complimented our midfield at that time and who could ever forget that wonderful volley at the South Stand end against Jimmy Calderwood's Aberdeen. We should have been 4 or 5 up at half time that day!

His punditry is more than decent but since he started spouting the dishonesty & deception and grievoMax of the single trick SNP pressure group, he has lost my respect as a fellow Scot!

That apart, let's get right behind the team today! This is a great opportunity to get to the SC Final once again!

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    He says the story of how the "rebellion" went is ludicrous but then his version seems to go on and confirm that exact "ludicrous" version.

Mind that time he got sent off for hearts against Hamilton, tried to kick a bottle in the tunnel, missed and fell over?

That was fun.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    I'd take his word over Collins any day.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    A negative hibs story when we have a big game, printed in a terrible red top? I'll not bother thanks

Classic tabloid timing. Who gives a **** what that ginger fanny has to say anyway?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Can't open the link on my phone but in general I quite like Michael Stewart, a good pundit imo and seeing as a lot of people seem to be judging him for his politics I'll do the same and say I agree with most of what he says on that front too.

That said I don't really care what happened between him and Collins 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Can't open the link on my phone but in general I quite like Michael Stewart, a good pundit imo and seeing as a lot of people seem to be judging him for his politics I'll do the same and say I agree with most of what he says on that front too.

That said I don't really care what happened between him and Collins 10 years ago.
    You saved me the bother of typing all that.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    A deliberate attempt to stir things up on what is a very important day for us. Absolutely disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    A deliberate attempt to stir things up on what is a very important day for us. Absolutely disgraceful.
    I'd blame the journalist if anyone.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Agree with all that, the best Scottish football pundit by a mile.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    I don't think so. Do you think it's going to give the present squad ideas? Kick-off's less than four hours away - I don't think the players will be reading the 'Scotsman'. They'll be plenty busy preparing for the match. If an interview like this puts them off their stroke, they don't deserve to be wearing the shirt, I'd say.

And I see nothing disgraceful about it - it reads to me as a very good interview with one of the few genuinely interesting people in Scottish football.

Stewart owes Hibs nothing - he played for us, and as far as I can recollect he did everything that was asked of him, by Mowbray and by Collins alike. He's an intelligent and articulate commentator on the game - far better than McCann in my opinion - and infinitely easier to listen to than Collins himself.

This doesn't come over as ****-stirring - it's an interview with a guy who's been quietly making a name and a place for himself inside and outside football and the Scottish media for quite some time now. Stewart himself is news. All sorts of things have been said about Collins' time at Hibs and the manner of his leaving, and Stewart's name has always been mentioned. Now he's given us his side of it.

What he says here seems to me to be perfectly credible. I don't think Michael Stewart hatched a plot to destroy John Collins as Hibs manager - I think Collins was doing a perfectly good job of that himself.

I didn't realise he's for independence but if he stood for Holyrood anywhere I could vote for him I would. When I consider some of the folks who HAVE been selected by the party to represent us, I wonder why on earth they would have turned him down.

I don't think Sky should have him replace McCann in the event of McCann taking the Dundee job - though I can't for the life of me see any good reason for him to do so.

I mean, a secure, comfortable billet working for one of the world's major media outlets in nice warm studios with no pressure other than to be relevant and reasonably interesting? Davie Provan works for Sky, and he's neither of those things and obnoxious to boot, and how I'd love to see him booted and McCann take his place. Actually, anyone take his place!

And give that up to manage a struggling team in one of Europe's worst football leagues with no job security, very few resources, and every opinionated moron in the stadium telling him how to do his job and where to stick his team selection? No brainer, I'd have thought.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    I don't think so. Do you think it's going to give the present squad ideas? Kick-off's less than four hours away - I don't think the players will be reading the 'Scotsman'. They'll be plenty busy preparing for the match. If an interview like this puts them off their stroke, they don't deserve to be wearing the shirt, I'd say.

And I see nothing disgraceful about it - it reads to me as a very good interview with one of the few genuinely interesting people in Scottish football.

Stewart owes Hibs nothing - he played for us, and as far as I can recollect he did everything that was asked of him, by Mowbray and by Collins alike. He's an intelligent and articulate commentator on the game - far better than McCann in my opinion - and infinitely easier to listen to than Collins himself.

This doesn't come over as ****-stirring - it's an interview with a guy who's been quietly making a name and a place for himself inside and outside football and the Scottish media for quite some time now. Stewart himself is news. All sorts of things have been said about Collins' time at Hibs and the manner of his leaving, and Stewart's name has always been mentioned. Now he's given us his side of it.

What he says here seems to me to be perfectly credible. I don't think Michael Stewart hatched a plot to destroy John Collins as Hibs manager - I think Collins was doing a perfectly good job of that himself.

I didn't realise he's for independence but if he stood for Holyrood anywhere I could vote for him I would. When I consider some of the folks who HAVE been selected by the party to represent us, I wonder why on earth they would have turned him down.

I don't think Sky should have him replace McCann in the event of McCann taking the Dundee job - though I can't for the life of me see any good reason for him to do so.

I mean, a secure, comfortable billet working for one of the world's major media outlets in nice warm studios with no pressure other than to be relevant and reasonably interesting? Davie Provan works for Sky, and he's neither of those things and obnoxious to boot, and how I'd love to see him booted and McCann take his place. Actually, anyone take his place!

And give that up to manage a struggling team in one of Europe's worst football leagues with no job security, very few resources, and every opinionated moron in the stadium telling him how to do his job and where to stick his team selection? No brainer, I'd have thought.
    Granted - he's not a bad pundit and he did play a number of good games for Hibs.

However - I had the misfortune to be seated not far away from him at the League Cup Final and his face was tripping him all day and believe me, in a very nasty way. It's understandable he was disappointed that he didn't get on the park but you could almost sense the grievance. Then at night, on the open topped bus, he was exactly the same and it looked as though he almost grudged his teammates their celebration.

So a team player, he most definitely was not. Anyway, I have more pressing things to do, I'm offski to the big game.

@hibs.net private member
    I actually think it's quite an interesting story ...will have no impact on the current team...

I hadn't heard some of the details in this piece - decent read

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

Great post Doddle. Agree with all of that!

I like Stewart. He was a good player for us and is a good pundit. I'm also hopeful he will be my mp in about 7 weeks time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Making complaints about Collins to Petrie was poor, but understandable and given how many appear to have participated, there were clearly legitimate grievances.

However, the talk of players wanting Proctor to come in is what really worries me. That implies not only did they want to get rid of the current manager but also appoint the new one, a process they should have no involvement in whatsoever. That strikes me as a case of player power going too far.

Gamer IDs

Granted - he's not a bad pundit and he did play a number of good games for Hibs.

However - I had the misfortune to be seated not far away from him at the League Cup Final and his face was tripping him all day and believe me, in a very nasty way. It's understandable he was disappointed that he didn't get on the park but you could almost sense the grievance. Then at night, on the open topped bus, he was exactly the same and it looked as though he almost grudged his teammates their celebration.

So a team player, he most definitely was not. Anyway, I have more pressing things to do, I'm offski to the big game.

Yes, I saw that too, and wondered at the time what was going on. As he said himself, there are always two sides (at least two sides) to these things. TBH, I have to admit I'm no fan of John Collins - great player, but a disastrous appointment as manager. It wasn't just Stewart - it was the whole squad who were disenchanted with the situation - Jones, Brown, Stewart, the lot.

Enjoy the semi-final.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I doubt it. The only people involved who are still here are Petrie and Stevenson. The first has a reduced role at the Club and I wouldn't be surprised if the second was actually in the Fletcher/Hogg camp and Stewart just forgot about him.

I like Stewart (if not his politics). My only criticism is that he seems to be shoving Brown under the bus here. Interesting that players that we assumed got on with Collins, i.e. the French speaking ones were part of the revolt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I'd take his word over Collins any day.
    I would have to agree.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I doubt it. The only people involved who are still here are Petrie and Stevenson. The first has a reduced role at the Club and I wouldn't be surprised if the second was actually in the Fletcher/Hogg camp and Stewart just forgot about him.

I like Stewart (if not his politics). My only criticism is that he seems to be shoving Brown under the bus here. Interesting that players that we assumed got on with Collins, i.e. the French speaking ones were part of the revolt too.
    Collins must have been awfully good at pissing people off to piss off Boozy.