Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by My old man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My feelings are if the HIBS that turned up against
    The yams &Utd turn up then only sellick may be able
    To handle it
    So over to you my Bonny laddies give it your all is all we ask
    GGTTH
    I agree. I have belief in this Hibs team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Not too confident about the outcome but will have a great day regardless.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I'd take a point right now
    It's a cup game, there's no points available...

Still, I'd settle for a draw too and take them in the replay at ER

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    It's a cup game, there's no points available...

Still, I'd settle for a draw too and take them in the replay at ER
    Whoosh....

I hope... Im in pub so it might be me getting whoosh ed! Lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It's the strangest feeling. Completely foreign to me regarding Hibs and Hampden. I'm not confident that we'll win but if we do then it's no huge surprise. I've never "looked forward" to a Hampden trip but you just ken it's going to be a great day, the support will be in full voice and the team will fight for each and every one of us and we'll be proud no matter what the result. I trust this group of lads and our manager. It's been a great season on the back of our last visit to the national stadium, the league is wrapped up, we HUMPED the jumbos out of the cup and we've defended it all the way to the semis.
    I hope the weather is good and it'll be a great day out for all of us.
    Here we go...

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Hibs The Rangers Cup Final.

Two in a row.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Confident about our performance and delighted to be home :-)

Feeling much the same as before 21 May. Relaxed, no high expectations, and hoping to enjoy the day.

Aberdeen are in big trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    If we lose then at least this will disappear.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

And if we win ?

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    And if we win ?
    I'll probably be able to double my post count by the 27th if that happens.

As regards Saturday, I'm relaxed about the game. Reaching the semi final is a decent defence of our cup so it won't be the end of the world if we lose.

But come 12:15 I'll be desperate for the win and another final.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Hope we have the right balance between being relaxed, not being under pressure, and still having the desire to win (as I'm sure Aberdeen will be desperate to do so). I fancy Rangers to upset Celtic and it would be amazing to have a repeat of last year's final.

I feel quietly confident that our boys will have just a little bit too much for Aberdeen and will return from Hampden, winners.
    Aberdeen are good, but they have in my opinion found themselves at the right place at the right time in competing for 2nd place for a few seasons relatively unchallenged.
    In particular, they enjoyed a sub-standard/weak SPL when 3 big guns (Hibs, Hearts and Sevco) were plying their trade in the 2nd tier all at the same time.
    Hearts came back up and had to find their feet, as did Sevco, whilst Dundee United offered nothing.
    Aberdeen got lucky in many respects and have been able to put out a settled team without stretching themselves too much, as the opposition has in the main been weak for a considerable time.
    Like I say, I think they are a good team, but I really do believe that Hibs are a better team.
    Our defence concedes little.
    We have arguably the strongest midfield outwith Celtic and with The Hammer Of The Hearts, Jason Cummings, up front, well, anything can happen.
    I predict 2-0 Hibs.

Neither up nor down to be honest.
    Never really relish a trip to Hamdump, early kick off also completely ruins any chance of making it an 'occasion'.

So it'll be straight there, straight back again - and hopefully a cup final trip at the end of it to give us a proper day out.

First Team Breakthrough
    Absolutely buzzing. We've wrapped up the league and we've won the Scottish Cup now so there is literally no pressure. It's great going back to Hampden as the holders. Would be amazing to reach another final and totally believe in this team.

Bus picking us up at Harthill and kids are so looking forward to it. Going to be a great day ⚽️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    A bit off topic but not really a thread hijack.

A few years ago I downloaded the Leith San Siro Hibees - Bad Martini's work?

I have it on my laptop as an MP3. I have prepared a Spotify playlist for Saturday but trying to find a way to get this MP3 onto it. Any help appreciated.

First Team Breakthrough
    Nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Cannot believe all this 'if we lose we lose' crap im reading. Losers mentality.

It's the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the tie is more than winnable. I for one am absolutely desperate to win and I'll be gutted if we get beat.
    Sean for Prime Minister.

Absolutely agree. If we lose on Saturday, I'll be in my bed by 10 o'clock on Saturday night.

First Team Regular
    Zero pressure.

If we get off to a decent start in first 10mins we have every chance. Could even go all the way to spot kicks.

No monkey on back, the team have been there before.

One thing is certain however, how great it is to be appearing in this semi final. The 'league is more important' types at the time of the Qtr Final would have left us with a empty feeling this weekend.

The cup, as a major trophy that we can realistically win, should always be a priority for Hibs.

Here we go, 2iaR

Quietly confident. Another final is well within reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Cheers, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    I just hope that whatever happens the crowd can maintain an atmosphere similar to Tynecastle where we sang for 90 minutes just to annoy them. That would certainly put the wind up the sheep. Confident we can get a result.
    This - non stop Hibs singing for 90 mins with 20,000 people would be awesome.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I'm feeling epic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Whoosh....

Really!?

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Probably the most relaxed i've ever felt about heading to Hampden.. normally im an absolute bag of nerves the week leading up to it but knowing that the league is wrapped up, we've no longer got the hoodoo to worry about and we're not even favourites so no great expectations means i'm genuinely just excited and looking forward to a good day out tomorrow and if we do get a result then fantastic. Its a great time to be a Hibee

First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    I'm normally very nervous and very apprehensive when we visit hamdump for obvious reasons. Now the monkey is finally off our back I've no need for apprehension now, just the usual nerves mixed with excitement for hibs to win. Lose and yes I will care but I feel as though we have achieved so much in the last 18 months so I can't get upset. It's a fantastic time to support Hibernian football club and our sales for Saturday show exactly how far and how favourable we now are as a club. Let the good times roll.

Ggtth

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Not nervous or worried in the slightest.

The pressure is off, there is no hoodoo hanging over our heads, no media about how we haven't won it in 115 years, no gloating yams, league is in the bag, no turmoil, no controversy, no distractions. Aberdeen are favourites and on paper should be winning this match so the pressure and expectation is all on them.

the team have done us and themselves proud in their defence of our trophy. I was far more nervous about playing Bonnyrigg and being humiliatingly knocked out at the first hurdle after winning it, then I was horrified at the prospect of the yams getting one over on us but it never happened and now it's just a case of enjoying the occasion.

While I'm not convinced we will win on Saturday I'll be there to the final whistle, enjoying my day out at hampden (again) and cheering on the boys regardless of the score. They deserve no less

The usual pre match nerves will kick in later this afternoon when it comes to finishing time at work. Knowing that it's Scottish Cup Semi Final weekend. Heading to the game and pre kick off will be a bag of nerves but not any more so than in any other big game we've played this season.

It's gonna be a weird day. The fans have a massive part to play and i believe we will be excellent throughout. Sheep fans wont know what to do when they hear the carnival atmosphere for 90 mins. Win or lose i hope we give a rendition of SOL with 5 mins to go. Scarves aloft for the world to see.

The hoodoo is gone. We are playing the 2nd best team in the country, lets go and enjoy ourselves in the knowledge that our objectives have been met for the season. I know the players will be fully fired up for it and will give there best - NL wouldn't allow it to be any other way

was feeling nervous as my mate hadn't confirmed he's stocking up his fridge today - so the beers sufficiently cold for tomorrow.
    He's confirmed during the course of today though, that all is under control - so I am feeling much more relaxed.

As for the game - I fancy us, the players will love going back there and with very little pressure on us - We have performed exceptionally in big games and I expect us to do so big style tomorrow.
    Here we go.....

Confidence is on a high, nothing to fear whatsoever, we don't have to prove anything just go out and play the best we can.
    Aberdeen should be more worried than us ggtth🇳🇬