hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I just hope that whatever happens the crowd can maintain an atmosphere similar to Tynecastle where we sang for 90 minutes just to annoy them. That would certainly put the wind up the sheep. Confident we can get a result.

2. Log in to remove the advert

It's a bigger game for Aberdeen than it is for us hampdump is like a 2nd home to us and we have a no bad record our players have played and won there on big occasions were as Aberdeen while going well in league have a poor record there their players have won nothing, were the holders just won league confidence will be high. Will be tough game but defo winnable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feeling pretty good.

Regardless of the outcome I can see the Hibs fans applauding and cheering the team off the park.

Quite a good place to be considering the stress/pressure we are used to feeling when traveling through there for Scottish Cup matches.
    Exactly the same. No matter what happens on Saturday I will applaud the team off the park for a very good defense of our trophy and winning the league, they've done us proud. Although come Saturday I'm sure I'll be a lot more nervous. I would certainly love to reach another final though, give us something to look forward to and keep the 2 in a row dream going a little longer, and IMO we're definitely capable of getting there as this Hibs team aren't going to give up their trophy without one hell of a fight.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ich liebe Deek View Post
    Real test of how good a team we are and I'll be disappointed if we don't turn up.No use claiming we now have a winning mentality then claim this game to be a bonus?Win on Saturday and the momentum the club has could go into over-drive.Might be worth a couple of thousand more season tickets being sold which would be exceptional considering the depth of our very recent nadir.
    This is very true. If we win on Saturday then the excitement levels around our club will reach fever pitch. Would be superb to see.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Very relaxed. After winning it last year the pressure is off us big time and with us already having the league in the bag the main goal has been achieved. And that's not even taking into account the fact we knocked Hearts out.

Aberdeen fans will be feeling the pressure and they know they have to beat us

Great position for us to be in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. I always thought we needed to get the league wrapped up before the Semi. That takes the pressure off of us, combined with winning it last year (which again kills the monkey).

Full focus on the Cup, no more league distractions, and the potential for a truely historic 2 in a row (here we go).

The squad togetherness and toughness we have will keep us in good stead on Saturday.

J

Looking forward to good day no matter the result. Got a group of us going.

First Team Breakthrough
    Buzzing, but really not going there with all the nervous tension of years past.

I remember everyone was so nervous and uncomfortable before and during the LC final last year. Dunno if that translated to the players, but for me personally the atmosphere was dire. Countless moaners, people screaming at the players and storming out after the late goal... So just another day in Hampden up until 21.05, which felt very different from the get go

Everything that's happened since surely means as a collective support we will be more chilled out, and we can go there united and get behind the team no matter what.

No idea if we'll pull off a result, but we can trust the team to show up and give it their best shot which is good enough for me.

Feeling reasonably laid back about this one.

I don't think we are favourites and IMO this is probably the toughest cup tie we have faced in the last few years. Aberdeen's form is impressive and they definitely have the power up front to give us far more problems than any team we have faced in the Championship or the Scottish Cup so far this season, not to mention a defence that has conceded less than a goal a game in a tougher league than the one we have just won.

On the up side, though I don't think we quite have the flair we showed at times last season there cant be any doubt that we are much tougher to beat ..... we proved against the Yams at Easter Road that we can play a game capable of stifling a team on a big pitch and at the same time create chances, we are on a high after finally achieving the one goal this season that mattered above all others and the players know whatever happens they have done their job .... from that point of view we can go into the game with a freedom we might not have had, with no other thought than the task in hand.

We might not be favourites, but with a big noisy support behind us and a team with a fighting attitude we certainly have a chance ..... we can win, we might not ........ but whatever happens we have defended our cup with dignity, so I'm going to enjoy the day whatever happens.

The players want it as much as the fans. We have a chance.

You can bet this is the year we slap the sheep, dramatically skelp one of the old firm in the final and some knob starts world war 3 preventing us from rubbing into the mutants and the huns for a whole season. That said, we all know God is a Hibby and therefore worldwide vaporisation only applies outwith our part(s) of this fair city.

...in reality, we can (and could) and most probably will beat Aberdeen narrowly IF, we apply the best of the season again. The bigger teams are easier for us typically. That's why we took two attempts to put the mutants out and made a hard job of it against the wee team from Glasgow last May.

All's well that ends well tho.

GLORY GLORY YA BASS

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Totally relaxed and stress free and on my 2nd G&T. I'm on hols and lounging on the roof terrace.

Sorry... NOT!

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Cannot believe all this 'if we lose we lose' crap im reading. Losers mentality.

It's the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the tie is more than winnable. I for one am absolutely desperate to win and I'll be gutted if we get beat.
    Agree with this.

However I'd add that I'm (at this moment in time anyway) more excited than nervous about heading to Hampden for the first time I can remember.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeLR's Avatar
    Can't wait for this, love a day out in Glasgow seeing the hibees! Plus this will take my mind away from upcoming exams I have soon. Just hoping we reach another final. Here we goooo!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quite chilled out about the whole thing this year, was more concerned with winning the league when we started to stutter a bit but now that's done the pressure is off! Of course I want us to win and I'll be gutted if we lose but it won't be quite as bad as it has been in the past. As long as we turn up and play the way we know we can we have every chance of going through!!

Never been one for the green specs so when I say it is the 2nd best team against the 4th best team in Scotland that is not green specaray. Celtic are by far the best team in the country but Aberdeen although a goalscoring team at the moment are well beatable.
    It is about us turning up with our A game, not making any horrific defensive mistakes, not getting a player sent off and getting a wee rub of the green.
    Would put the odds about 60/40 in their favour but wouldn't feel confident on betting my house or even the wife on either team as it stands. Anybody's game so why not the Hibs.
    Enjoy

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Cannot believe all this 'if we lose we lose' crap im reading. Losers mentality.

It's the semi-final of the Scottish Cup and the tie is more than winnable. I for one am absolutely desperate to win and I'll be gutted if we get beat.
    Nah I think it's just due to there being less pressure now. We are cup holders and pretty much all agreed that this season was ALL about getting promoted. The fact we've managed to put together a decent defence of our cup is a bonus really.

I'm sure come the final whistle on Saturday, if we're out we'll all be gutted. We are capable of beating Aberdeen and I really hope we do it and make it back to back finals. But there's no nerves from me - I think I believe Aberdeen will edge it so that takes some of the nerves away, but I'm just really looking forward to another day out with the Hibees family. Guaranteed we are looking forward to the day more than Aberdeen fans are.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I've never known such a positive energy around both team and fans.

We're doing this (and the final) make no mistake.

Here we go....

Finally winning the cup last year and winning the Championship last week has taken the pressure off. Really hope that we make it to yet another final but, provided we don't get horsed and put up a good fight, if we go out then we can still be proud of the team. Knocking out the Yams will have softened the blow.

Looking forward to it all ready. Clothes and Hibs top and scarf all ready and raring to go.

20K Hibees singing Here we go two in a row.

I live and work in Aberdeen and I've been a cocky sh*t at work all week... let's hope it doesn't backfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    A win will be a bonus but I feel as though we've already made an admirable defence of the trophy so I'll not be too despondent if we fail to make the final. Just as long as we turn up on Saturday of course!

Relaxed and looking forward to the game.

For the first time, I don't have the fear or trepidation of what a disappointment it would be not to reach the final. Of course, there will be some disappointment if we don't win but nothing like previous SF defeats.

Objective this season was always to win the Championship - DONE!!

Reaching ths SF in defence of the cup has been a bonus - DONE!!
    Anything more will be the cherry on the cake.

Surprisingly relaxed. We got the monkey off our backs last year so there isn't the pressure of "oh god please don't let it be ANOTHER year". The big goal of the season has been achieved so this is all bonus territory now.

Win - absolutely delighted, another final, the chance to do an incredible 2 in a row.

Lose - disappointed of course but will not be distraught. We've given our SC one hell of a crack despite it being no more than a side show this season. Will still be very proud.

Excited and a little nervous too.

Also want to reach the final to get a trip home!

I'd take a point right now

@hibs.net private member
    Best I've ever felt about a trip to Hampden. Not necessarily the most confident I've been on a Hibs victory but will just try to enjoy the game and recall the last time I was there!

I suspect by kick off anxiety will have set in as usual though.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Relaxed and looking forward to the game.

For the first time, I don't have the fear or trepidation of what a disappointment it would be not to reach the final. Of course, there will be some disappointment if we don't win but nothing like previous SF defeats.

Objective this season was always to win the Championship - DONE!!

Reaching ths SF in defence of the cup has been a bonus - DONE!!
    Anything more will be the cherry on the cake.
    100% my feeling. Saved me a lot of typing. 👍👍

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Apart from anything else, I don't want the season the fizzle out. Having the cup final would keep the party going for a few weeks.

First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    My feelings are if the HIBS that turned up against
    The yams &Utd turn up then only sellick may be able
    To handle it
    So over to you my Bonny laddies give it your all is all we ask
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Drunk. But that's just me, regarding the match......Hibs for the cup !