hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    My dad was from a Hibs family so Hibs it was. Being brought up in Kingsknowe (Longstone) then attending Firrhill Finishing Academy for Young Gentlemen meant that myself and my fellow hibees were very much in the minority, but that probably made me more determined to fight the good fight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I became a Hibernian supporter in 1968, my grandad took my sister and me to Easter Road to see the famous hibees, or as he called them the cabbage and ribs.
    We went to the enclosure which was under the main stand, all you could hear was hibees 👏 👏 👏 with the clapping and the stamping of the feet on the wooden floors above, we had never heard a noise like this, it sent shivers down your spine.
    My first game in the terracing was one to remember, we played rangers, did I **** myself with that one, after that is history, still going to home and away games, still in the terracing ggtth 🇳🇬

My eldest sister and her pal took me to my first game when I was about five or six year old.
    Joe Baker played for Hibs then and unknown to me at that time the only reason they went was because they had the hots for the Baker boy.
    When he left Hibs they stopped going and my sister never went to another match in her life.
    Thankfully I got the bug even at that early age and still have it to this day.
    Where I was brought up in Pennywell Road, everybody ( that I knew ) supported Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Both sides of my family are Hibs through and through so from birth. My first memory of taking a proper interest was 1977/78 season when I was 6 and my dad started taking me a couple of years later and graduated to becoming a season ticket holder going with my pals in 1984/85 season.

I was typical glory hunting Rangers fan until my early teens without going to a single game. Couple of pals at school were Hibs fans and used to rip me for not going to games. My brother in-law took me to a Hibs v Celtc game in the early eighties (Hibs lost 0-2) then I started going with pals from school. Was converted there and then. First season ticket in 1994/5 season. Had season tickets ever since

Wasn't taking any chances with my laddie, took him to his first game when he was 4 against Raith Rovers in the 98/99 season in the 1st Division. He cant make every week but goes when he can (kept his season ticket on). We were out in Copenhagen last July, his first game in Yoorup. Good times!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Milne View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My granny stayed at No 57, her surname was also Milne.
    We stayed very bottom right hand side , number 34 the Combes .

Could have gone either way for me. Sister fancied Peter Cormack so she took me to ER. Next door neighbor used to take me to Tynecastle.
    Easy decision in the end

Archie. No influence other than uncle who took me them to try swing but genuine desire support local team and archie first player crush.