hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jambos and Derbies

Talked to a few last weekend. You can tell that whether they are candid about it, or trying to cover up their fear with bluster, they are really apprehensive about the derbies next season and for the foreseeable future.

They are aware that their current business model does not allow them to sustain the personnel advantage they've enjoyed for most of the last thirty years. And that they will be facing an organised and motivated Hibs side with a smart manager, who will strengthen the club further.

I don't think they are going anywhere fast as a club. I believe that we will be the better side next season. I think a lot of them feel that way too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

There is a thread on kickback about Derbies and they are afraid.
    For the first time since the 70's they are not able to bully us in Derbies maybe it is our turn to bully them for awhile but i am not counting any chickens.
    It would be great to go on a 10 - 15 game unbeaten run could you imagine the seeth

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the first time since the 70's they are not able to bully us in Derbies maybe it is our turn to bully them for awhile but i am not counting any chickens.
    It would be great to go on a 10 - 15 game unbeaten run could you imagine the seeth
    They didn't bully us when Sauzee was here.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    We're never going to lose to them again. Ever.

Hearts and Edinburgh City can fight things out for the minor Edinburgh honours in the future, we've moved on

23 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    They didn't bully us when Sauzee was here.
    Very true but it was far to short a spell, however the 6 - 2 is in my all time top five Hibs games

@hibs.net private member

Sorry but I want at least 23 unbeaten

GGTTH

They're running scared.

They won't beat us next season, 3 wins to us and I'll give them 1 draw at Tynecastle. We will also put them out of one of the cups.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    They're running scared.

They won't beat us next season, 3 wins to us and I'll give them 1 draw at Tynecastle. We will also put them out of one of the cups.

They think there will only be 3 league derbies next season.

Given their current form, they are probably right.

They are like a dog that has had the snip and know that nothing will be the same again.

That Scottish Cup win in May last year has had such a profound impact on them that even I underestimated how deep and impactful such an event would be on them.

Two of my closet Jambo mates..... one refusing to talk about anything Hibs or Hearts and even Scottish football, just won't engage on it at all and the other kept reminding me about being in the championship despite all the other fundamental stuff like Scottish cup win, Derby record recently, 2-0 up with 10 mins to go etc etc. I actually fear for his wellbeing, I honestly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    They are like a dog that has had the snip and know that nothing will be the same again.

That Scottish Cup win in May last year has had such a profound impact on them that even I underestimated how deep and impactful such an event would be on them.

Two of my closet Jambo mates..... one refusing to talk about anything Hibs or Hearts and even Scottish football, just won't engage on it at all and the other kept reminding me about being in the championship despite all the other fundamental stuff like Scottish cup win, Derby record recently, 2-0 up with 10 mins to go etc etc. I actually fear for his wellbeing, I honestly do.

All they've got left to cling onto is 1-5.

Left by mutual consent!
    Those s*um never bullied us - they just went out and drove their debt up higher and higher every season buying players of a standard far removed from the historical norm at the PBS ! And they are right to fear the future - the vast majority of their support have never witnessed a Hearts-team produced by 'Playing within their means', they're going into the 'unknown', the 'Darkness' !. Fortunately, at 57 I HAVE witnessed a real Hearts-team and I'd just like to advise younger Hibees - sit back and enjoy !. You have no idea of the fun you're about to have with them !

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Those s*um never bullied us - they just went out and drove their debt up higher and higher every season buying players of a standard far removed from the historical norm at the PBS ! And they are right to fear the future - the vast majority of their support have never witnessed a Hearts-team produced by 'Playing within their means', they're going into the 'unknown', the 'Darkness' !. Fortunately, at 57 I HAVE witnessed a real Hearts-team and I'd just like to advise younger Hibees - sit back and enjoy !. You have no idea of the fun you're about to have with them !
    I am ages with you and they did bully us, we tried to play football they did everything they could to win. I always thought they just wanted to win more than us, and i am talking about when Robertson and Colquhoun played for them. We often outplayed them and got a draw when we were not 100% on it we lost.

They strengthened when they got promoted. They couldn't beat us.
    They strengthened again in January (signed a whole new team to try and beat us).
    They couldn't beat us.

We are back up now and we will strengthen considerably and guess what?
    They still won't beat us, and they know it.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 18-04-2017 at 12:06 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Let's hope we get to the final and they get 4th and we win. That would really get them boiling. Imagine still not knowing on the last day of the season if your going to Europe or not and the fact the team you hate the most takes your place from you, especially if they're the we team with less fans and a worse atmosphere in their stadium and bottle it all the time they play big games, really do beat you to that final spot.

If you listen to the stuff they spout they really are the most deluded inbred sister fancying folk to walk the planet.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

The pain must be eating him up inside. He can't face his demons. I bet he was happy belting out 'since 1902' all those years though.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

No quarter given....ever...FTHMFC

Like it. The jambos have been neutered.

A couple of my yam mates have claimed to have developed a new interest in ice hockey seriously.

Not sure we are that far ahead of them as some might say. I think in terms of managers and the way to set up and win we are, but so much in terms of the actual teams. We have been able to win when we need to, but have faltered a fair bit. Our recruitment this close season will mean everything. Keeping most of our team and adding the type of quality like McGinn, Cummings and MacGregor, yes we will destroy them, but lose McGinn and Cummings and replace with Holt, Graham and Shinnie quality and we are back to square one.

I am not counting any chickens yet, but I am enjoying going into derbies knowing that the team are as up for it as the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Not sure we are that far ahead of them as some might say. I think in terms of managers and the way to set up and win we are, but so much in terms of the actual teams. We have been able to win when we need to, but have faltered a fair bit. Our recruitment this close season will mean everything. Keeping most of our team and adding the type of quality like McGinn, Cummings and MacGregor, yes we will destroy them, but lose McGinn and Cummings and replace with Holt, Graham and Shinnie quality and we are back to square one.

I am not counting any chickens yet, but I am enjoying going into derbies knowing that the team are as up for it as the fans.

My confidence about finishing above them in 2017/18 is down to the state they are in as much as the state we're in. I remember Pallardo getting released last summer, despite him being their best player the previous season at holding midfield, because Potter didn't think he was good enough to challenge Rangers and Celtic. Skip forward 12 months and they've replaced him with that guy Martin who at the moment looks a shadow of the player Pallardo was, on a long term and on more money under a manager who doesn't know how to manage. They've managed to go backwards and spent loads of money getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    A couple of my yam mates have claimed to have developed a new interest in ice hockey seriously.
    haha, puck me, that's funny.

Under Ian, they are definitely skating on thin ice.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Surely not a new interest after skating on thin ice for so many years and being used to pucker up for Vlad's arse.

Their approach to us never changes ..... Winning the championship gains us no credit because we were down there for 3 seasons, didn't finally win it with 10 games to spare and we did it with two short term loans from Celtic. Winning the cup is the same coz we had Stokes and Hendo ..... according to them that's cheating, as opposed to having a team full of players you couldn't actually afford to pay and even when they were it was with other peoples money, which isn't cheating apparently.

Sickbag even now is still awash with boasts of 'putting us back in our box' and 'normal service being resumed' next season now that we are back in the premiership ..... they just don't get it that things have changed. Its not that Hibs will re emerge from the championship as Scotland's answer to Barcelona and its not that the Yams are going to turn into East Stirling .... the truth is that the playing field has now levelled out into what it should be given the size of the two clubs and more to the point the soft centre at Hibs has gone, hopefully forever.

We wont always beat Hertz, we are not so far ahead of them in the players we will be able to attract to make that realistic ..... but the harsh truth that Yams are going to have to face is that the days of them rocking up to the Asbestos Arena or Easter Road confident that the three points are in the bag are now well and truly over and no amount of false bravado on social media or anywhere else is going to change that ..... As I said, we wont always beat them, but we will beat them a hell of a lot more than they are used to and a hell of a lot more often than they are going to like.

In the days, weeks, months and years to come they are about to realise ...... if they haven't already after three derby pumpings oot the cup, not to mention the events of 21/05/2016 ...... that reports of the death of Hibernian Football Club on the afternoon of 19/05/2012 were 'greatly exaggerated'

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    There is no way Cathro will still be Hearts' manager next time we play them. They define success as beating us, and Cathro isn't going to achieve that any time soon.

You can bet your house a new manager will be in charge. Probably Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    There is no way Cathro will still be Hearts' manager next time we play them. They define success as beating us, and Cathro isn't going to achieve that any time soon.

You can bet your house a new manager will be in charge. Probably Houston.
    I actually think he will be there for longer than we expect.

For one they can't actually afford to sack him in the first place

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Their approach to us never changes ..... Winning the championship gains us no credit because we were down there for 3 seasons, didn't finally win it with 10 games to spare and we did it with two short term loans from Celtic. Winning the cup is the same coz we had Stokes and Hendo ..... according to them that's cheating, as opposed to having a team full of players you couldn't actually afford to pay and even when they were it was with other peoples money, which isn't cheating apparently.

Sickbag even now is still awash with boasts of 'putting us back in our box' and 'normal service being resumed' next season now that we are back in the premiership ..... they just don't get it that things have changed. Its not that Hibs will re emerge from the championship as Scotland's answer to Barcelona and its not that the Yams are going to turn into East Stirling .... the truth is that the playing field has now levelled out into what it should be given the size of the two clubs and more to the point the soft centre at Hibs has gone, hopefully forever.

We wont always beat Hertz, we are not so far ahead of them in the players we will be able to attract to make that realistic ..... but the harsh truth that Yams are going to have to face is that the days of them rocking up to the Asbestos Arena or Easter Road confident that the three points are in the bag are now well and truly over and no amount of false bravado on social media or anywhere else is going to change that ..... As I said, we wont always beat them, but we will beat them a hell of a lot more than they are used to and a hell of a lot more often than they are going to like.

In the days, weeks, months and years to come they are about to realise ...... if they haven't already after three derby pumpings oot the cup, not to mention the events of 21/05/2016 ...... that reports of the death of Hibernian Football Club on the afternoon of 19/05/2012 were 'greatly exaggerated'

A good summary of the situation.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

The mentality has changed on both sides. Now that the cheating years are gone the yams are having to come to terms with the reality that they don't have a big superiority over us. The tides in our favour at the moment and I dare say it will swing towards them again but you'll not see what they used to have in terms of derby dominance again. They no longer stroll into derbies expecting to hammer us and we no longer go into derbies expecting to get beat.

This level playing field stuff is a bit of a bugger eh yams

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

This 100%

What it all means to me is that the Jambo fans are now having to fund the black hole created by the generations of cheats and, with the best will in the world, it is a sticking plaster, and nowhere near substantial enough to build any realistic Business Plan.

The canny wee budgerigar has fireproofed her investment. No Wallet Mercer or Vlad philosophy in her make up.

The great unwashed are going to be propping up the whole shaky house of cards for more than the foreseeable future. The only question is will their loyalty survive a succession of setbacks, both derby and otherwise?

I think not.

TICK TOCK..........