hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not rumours but what about a couple of the Edinburgh born players playing down south like Marc McNulty/ Stefan Scougall and Ryan Flynn. Havent seen any of their names about for a while so guessing they are out of favour
    Scougall - 29 apps this season
    McNulty - 21
    Flynn - 42

Wouldnt say any of them seem to be out of favour. Sheff Utd just been promoted so may look to let people go. We chose to let Scougall go because he was too small when he was younger. Great player.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Anything in the rumour that LD has been saving up for next season to give us the biggest budget outside the OF?
    Havent heard that.

Its interesting though if there is a few quid hidden away, plus whatever budget we can budget for in the premiership, plus whatever we get for winning the Championship , plus this years SC run and crowds season tickets etc /... Hibees are minted !

Good times.

Rodders must be lovin this

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    If we have money to spend we should not use it on transfer fees but use it to increase the wages pot. That will improve the quality we have . Paying transfer fees is just throwing money wasn't if we can't affoed to pay better wages
    Surely the important thing is the quality of the player we can get?

I think most people who've watched the team agree we need some new players - I doubt for example many would be content starting next season with Cummings, Holt, Keatings, Graham and Boyle as our strikers.

If that's the case then we'd use the money to get the best players we can find.

Saying we're only going to look at out of contract or freed players would severely limit our options quality wise as most of those players are out of contract or being freed for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post

I think most people who've watched the team agree we need some new players - I doubt for example many would be content starting next season with Cummings, Holt, Keatings, Graham and Boyle as our strikers.

Saying we're only going to look at out of contract or freed players would severely limit our options quality wise as most of those players are out of contract or being freed for a reason.
    Just as well we didn't look at Cummings when he was freed by Hertz or McGregor when he was freed by Sevco.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Scougall - 29 apps this season
    McNulty - 21
    Flynn - 42

Wouldnt say any of them seem to be out of favour. Sheff Utd just been promoted so may look to let people go. We chose to let Scougall go because he was too small when he was younger. Great player.
    I was told we were tracking McNulty earlier in the season & I posted on here. The OP is correct however in that most of his appearances this season were for Pompey in 1st half of season. He hasn't started/played for Blades for months. I suspect he would be available.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post

Recent players we have signed after being released/contracts ran down by their club -

McGregor
    Gray
    Laidlaw
    Fyvie
    Bartley
    Keatings
    Boyle
    Graham (i think)
    S. Allan
    Logan
    Humphreys
    Holt

John Terry, for example, is being released by Chelsea, does that mean we shouldnt look at him? Just because a player is released, doesnt mean they arent good enough. I highly doubt we will go out and splash loads of cash on transfer fees, maybe 1 or 2 like McGinns, young player with potential, such as Sibbald or Mallan. Rest will be frees.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Recent players we have signed after being released/contracts ran down by their club -

McGregor
    Gray
    Laidlaw
    Fyvie
    Bartley
    Keatings
    Boyle
    Graham (i think)
    S. Allan
    Logan
    Humphreys
    Holt

John Terry, for example, is being released by Chelsea, does that mean we shouldnt look at him? Just because a player is released, doesnt mean they arent good enough. I highly doubt we will go out and splash loads of cash on transfer fees, maybe 1 or 2 like McGinns, young player with potential, such as Sibbald or Mallan. Rest will be frees.
    I don't understand why we don't adopt the Hearts tactic of trawling. Just cast a wide net, see what gets caught and surely one will be worth keeping. Look how its worked for them this season. Second place down to 5th. Playing with incredible flair. Crowds on the decline. And still a bake-a-cake sale to look forward to! Heady days indeed.

Apologies for not being constructive but deep in the heart of Texas I never get to see many of our 'potential' signings and as someone has already mentioned Derek 'Could he still do a job for us?' Riordan I have nothing to add, except it is rather exciting and moreso because we playing in the top flight next season.

I'll have Al Jonson sing........

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Here's a funny thing. What about we keep McGinn and Cummings and Fyvie and the rest of our top players and the add some more quality to the squad so that we can really put up a challenge. I know we will always be primarily a selling club, as are ever other club inScotland even Celtic, but we should only sell when A we have to or B when we get an offer too good to refuse.
    A totally level-headed and sensible post and unappreciated here on the Nutters-R-Us board.
    Begone you.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    That's not going to happen. Aberdeen's budget is heavily subsidised by Stewart Milne. We don't have a benefactor prepared to fund out us out of their own pocket.
    We are likely to have at least 3,500 extra fans per game over Aberdeen which will be worth about £1.5 million pounds over a season. So unless Milne is putting that kind of money into Aberdeen every season (I would be amazed if he put more than a tenth of that in these days) Hibs will have the 3rd highest player budget for season 2016/17.
    I would like to replace Holt with Moult, Keatings with Boyce, Humphrey with Mallen
    Fontaine with Ambrose and either renew the loans or sign up Marciano and Shinnie.
    Getting these players in and paid for a season would cost us about £1million given the wages of the above released players would be saved. Well within our compass.
    Guys like Stokes and Griffiths are non starters. They have lucrative contracts that we can't match so they will stay were they are or move on to clubs that can pay similar wages.
    Hibs would be a step up for Moult, Boyce and Mallen in terms of wages and status (would realistically finish 4th in the SPL) so they are realistic targets.

Will trust NL, the board and the scouting network to find the best players on the best deal possible for the club first and foremost then the player.

We are a very attractive proposition heading in to next season. A club that has a real "feel good factor" about it and a core of extremely talented players.

I'd do all I can to secure the long term future of Marciano (if possible), McGregor, Stevenson, Gray, Fyvie, Mcginn (on new terms) Bartley.

Happy for players like Holt, Keatings and Boyle in a squad rotation capacity. Hopefully keep a hold of Jase but if a team was to over in excess of £4M it would be hard to turn down.

Would hope to see the likes of Crane, Martin plus other fringe players given a chance between now and the start of the season to see if they have what it takes to be involved in the squad come September.

Would love Moult from Motherwell as a striker plus stokesy and a midfielder that will chip in with 10+ goals

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    We are likely to have at least 3,500 extra fans per game over Aberdeen which will be worth about £1.5 million pounds over a season. So unless Milne is putting that kind of money into Aberdeen every season (I would be amazed if he put more than a tenth of that in these days) Hibs will have the 3rd highest player budget for season 2016/17.
    I would like to replace Holt with Moult, Keatings with Boyce, Humphrey with Mallen
    Fontaine with Ambrose and either renew the loans or sign up Marciano and Shinnie.
    Getting these players in and paid for a season would cost us about £1million given the wages of the above released players would be saved. Well within our compass.
    Guys like Stokes and Griffiths are non starters. They have lucrative contracts that we can't match so they will stay were they are or move on to clubs that can pay similar wages.
    Hibs would be a step up for Moult, Boyce and Mallen in terms of wages and status (would realistically finish 4th in the SPL) so they are realistic targets.
    Milne is putting in huge money up there.

McGinn, McLean, Lewis, Hayes, Rooney, Shinnie are all on huge money. The last 3 even signed lengthy contract extensions in the last year.

We'll be limited like all other clubs by our turnover, Aberdeen aren't. Adam Rooney, is signed until 2020. We're looking at our 2nd good ST sales number in a nearly a decade. We could have a horror show next year and it could trigger a huge slump in ST sales for the following year. As a result we'll have to take that into account when considering what we offer and how long we offer it for.

Coaching Staff

McGinn, McLean, Lewis, Hayes, Rooney, Shinnie are all on huge money. The last 3 even signed lengthy contract extensions in the last year.

We'll be limited like all other clubs by our turnover, Aberdeen aren't. Adam Rooney, is signed until 2020. We're looking at our 2nd good ST sales number in a nearly a decade. We could have a horror show next year and it could trigger a huge slump in ST sales for the following year. As a result we'll have to take that into account when considering what we offer and how long we offer it for.
    Any links to the funding Milne is putting in? Can't imagine he will be throwing in the sums talked about on an ongoing basis.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Will trust NL, the board and the scouting network to find the best players on the best deal possible for the club first and foremost then the player.

We are a very attractive proposition heading in to next season. A club that has a real "feel good factor" about it and a core of extremely talented players.

I'd do all I can to secure the long term future of Marciano (if possible), McGregor, Stevenson, Gray, Fyvie, Mcginn (on new terms) Bartley.

Happy for players like Holt, Keatings and Boyle in a squad rotation capacity. Hopefully keep a hold of Jase but if a team was to over in excess of £4M it would be hard to turn down.

Would hope to see the likes of Crane, Martin plus other fringe players given a chance between now and the start of the season to see if they have what it takes to be involved in the squad come September.

Would love Moult from Motherwell as a striker plus stokesy and a midfielder that will chip in with 10+ goals
    I'm sorry but in my opinion there is no way we will get 4million for Cummings

Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    Sanity restored.

Then he's going nowhere. Simples. He's on a long term deal. Clubs won't pay what we want? Look elsewhere

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    A totally level-headed and sensible post and unappreciated here on the Nutters-R-Us board.
    Begone you.
    Totally out of character for me. It probably won't happen again!!!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

£10m then?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Any links to the funding Milne is putting in? Can't imagine he will be throwing in the sums talked about on an ongoing basis.
    There is no hint of it in Aberdeen's accounts although they do show they have a massive unexplained turnover from commercial activities. I'm sure their turnover was about £5m higher than ours last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    4m for Cummings. Take a step back and a deep breath guys. What adrenaline fueled menopausal giddiness have my eyes been exposed to. A great player: Yes. A good hibbie: Yes. Worth more than Scott Brown [plus inflation]. Just behave. Wake me up when we are sigining Deek and Leigh...

If we get 4 million combined for both Cummings and McGinn we will be doing very well.

Never mind 4 million per player.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Any links to the funding he is not putting in. All I see is wee Stewarty buying land for a new stadium and investing in consistent European football in a sustainable and financially fair way with the ultimate aim of breaking the old firm.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Aberdeen's 1st team players averaged considerably less than 3k a week last season. Even allowing for variances from top to bottom earners I doubt the top would earn more than 4-5k & that would be no more than 1 or 2. As for Milne pouring money in I worked in Aberdeen for years & their fans all complain about his lack of financial input. At the moment he's talking about needing a mortgage for the new stadium & he's doing a Budgie in soliciting donations. I'm confident we will match Aberdeen in our ability to recruit decent players.

The thing with aberdeen as they don't have many players who they could sell for a good fee imo.

The majority of there squad is quite old and probably won't go to a better team .

Joe Lewis
    Shay Logan
    Shinnie
    Mclean
    Hayes
    Rooney

Would be there most valuable players but I can't imagine them bringing in the sort of money as McGinn or Cummings because of there age.

Cummings - name me one other Scottish centre forward under the age of 25 who is even close to him in terms of goals, appearances and potential?

The answer is there isn't. A season of 15 goals in the top flight next season will put him into the Steven Fletcher category.

McGinn is a regular in the national squad and will be for years to come. What's the market rate for a central midfielder of his age and sell on potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Slavoj Zizek View Post
    4m for Cummings. Take a step back and a deep breath guys. What adrenaline fueled menopausal giddiness have my eyes been exposed to. A great player: Yes. A good hibbie: Yes. Worth more than Scott Brown [plus inflation]. Just behave. Wake me up when we are sigining Deek and Leigh...
    Not entirely sure how comparing a striker to a midfielder works, but ok.

Let's make a better comparison. Steven fletcher. In the 4 seasons where he played over 30 games a season he averaged out at a whopping 10 goals a season. "Aye but he was playing against better opposition" yep, weekly he was playing against the likes of Gretna, St Mirren, Falkirk, Dunfermline. I don't buy that nonsense. Jase has already proved he does the business in the big games. How many goals has he already got against current premiership sides? Does anyone doubt he won't bag another 20 next season?

I'd say Cummings could score double figures in the English championship just now. How much would a club pay for a player from the English league one or from a championship rival for a similar player? Imo well in excess of £5M.

We wonder why our league and game will never prosper. Well I'm sorry but selling our prized assets for a combined total of £4M will continue to see us drop further and further behind average footballing countries like Denmark,Sweden.

He has a long term contract. We hold the power in any negotiations with clubs.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Aberdeen's 1st team players averaged considerably less than 3k a week last season. Even allowing for variances from top to bottom earners I doubt the top would earn more than 4-5k & that would be no more than 1 or 2. As for Milne pouring money in I worked in Aberdeen for years & their fans all complain about his lack of financial input. At the moment he's talking about needing a mortgage for the new stadium & he's doing a Budgie in soliciting donations. I'm confident we will match Aberdeen in our ability to recruit decent players.
    An average is of £3k a week is absolutely huge. Spread that over a squad of 22 including young & fringe players that's massive.

Our top wage is about £2k. Our average once you include younger and fringe players is probably nearer around £1250.

Milne previously wouldn't spend money but over the last 3 or so years, he's certainly changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Not entirely sure how comparing a striker to a midfielder works, but ok.

Let's make a better comparison. Steven fletcher. In the 4 seasons where he played over 30 games a season he averaged out at a whopping 10 goals a season. "Aye but he was playing against better opposition" yep, weekly he was playing against the likes of Gretna, St Mirren, Falkirk, Dunfermline. I don't buy that nonsense. Jase has already proved he does the business in the big games. How many goals has he already got against current premiership sides? Does anyone doubt he won't bag another 20 next season?

I'd say Cummings could score double figures in the English championship just now. How much would a club pay for a player from the English league one or from a championship rival for a similar player? Imo well in excess of £5M.

We wonder why our league and game will never prosper. Well I'm sorry but selling our prized assets for a combined total of £4M will continue to see us drop further and further behind average footballing countries like Denmark,Sweden.

He has a long term contract. We hold the power in any negotiations with clubs.
    Haw you, there's nae place on these forums for folk like you who use reasoning and logic in your posts. Beat it ya radge.......

Ross mccormack went for 15 million twice has he not?if we are selling players to English teams I'd be expecting big bucks the money down there is ridiculous.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    The thing with aberdeen as they don't have many players who they could sell for a good fee imo.

The majority of there squad is quite old and probably won't go to a better team .

Joe Lewis
    Shay Logan
    Shinnie
    Mclean
    Hayes
    Rooney

Would be there most valuable players but I can't imagine them bringing in the sort of money as McGinn or Cummings because of there age.

Shinnie & McLean are both 25. I wouldn't consider that old to prevent them receiving a good fee for either of them.

I'm sure Hayes was wanted by Cardiff City in January before he signed a new contract.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Ross mccormack went for 15 million twice has he not?if we are selling players to English teams I'd be expecting big bucks the money down there is ridiculous.
    English Championship teams will want a CF who can shoot with both feet head the ball and beat a man . Jason is by no means the finished article. Given time he could make it but not at the moment .Before the machine guns come out I genuinely want the boy to succeed and hopefuflly with us