hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today's games

Today's games

Straight red for Scott Brown. Will miss the semi v Rangers.

Oh, and the score was Ross County 2 Celtic 2.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Horrendous dive for the County penalty. Retrospective red for Schalk surely.

What was the red for?

I just nipped out after watching the penalty. I think that was the worst dive I've ever seen, although in normal time I thought he'd been caught.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Straight red for Scott Brown. Will miss the semi v Rangers.

Oh, and the score was 2-2.
    Not if they can leave it late enough for an appeal and they can't get an appeal panel together before next weekend.

Either way there will be howls of favouritism and conspiracy from the usual suspects.

The standard of officiating really has to be something clubs get together about soon. I'd imagine every fans forum has threads this season claiming refs are out to get them when the truth is they're just absolutely awful. Even in real time that was a laughable dive.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Not if they can leave it late enough for an appeal and they can't get an appeal panel together before next weekend.

Either way there will be howls of favouritism and conspiracy from the usual suspects.
    To be fair, I think the last 5 years have shown that they were not paranoid at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The referee, the assistant and Schalk should all be facing lengthy bans.

Although Schalk is ultimately to blame for diving, it was bad enough that the referee and his assistant should have been able to notice it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    What was the red for?

I just nipped out after watching the penalty. I think that was the worst dive I've ever seen, although in normal time I thought he'd been caught.
    Bad tackle on Boyce just outside Celtic's box. Lost the plot after he'd been tripped a couple of times and probably annoyed at the dive for the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    The referee, the assistant and Schalk should all be facing lengthy bans.

Although Schalk is ultimately to blame for diving, it was bad enough that the referee and his assistant should have been able to notice it.
    It's the same ref who let Garner off with his tackle against Hamilton. I doubt it's an accident.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Should be a straight red for cheating

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I missed the game but turned over to see them discuss the penalty and the sending off. I know this is celtic we are talking about here, but i'd be unhappy if any Hibs player had dived that blatantly.

There's dives and there's dives, and that has to be in the top 1 of cheating dives, better than anything i've seen even from John McDonald.

I saw the Ross County manager say to Rodgers it was not a penalty, yet celebrate when the penalty went in.

Would any of us have been happy if that happened for us, if Lennon told whoever was taking the penalty to miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I missed the game but turned over to see them discuss the penalty and the sending off. I know this is celtic we are talking about here, but i'd be unhappy if any Hibs player had dived that blatantly.

There's dives and there's dives, and that has to be in the top 1 of cheating dives, better than anything i've seen even from John McDonald.

I saw the Ross County manager say to Rodgers it was not a penalty, yet celebrate when the penalty went in.

Would any of us have been happy if that happened for us, if Lennon told whoever was taking the penalty to miss it?
    Can't blame the players when there are no consequences for diving and the rewards are so high. It's very rare they get a yellow and I can't think of the compliance officer ever retrospectively banning anyone for diving.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Are you serious? A team in real danger of being relegated you want the manager to tell his player to miss the penalty?? Then they go down by either a point or on goal difference... Nah, yer alright, the player is going to get banned for two games anyway. How many decisions have Celtic got against others and they don't miss the penalty on purpose or give a goal straight back when it's been blatantly offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Can't blame the players when there are no consequences for diving and the rewards are so high. It's very rare they get a yellow and I can't think of the compliance officer ever retrospectively banning anyone for diving.

You can't remember anyone being banned for diving? Walker this year, GoC against St Johnstone, there has been many occasions where players have been caught and punished afterwards.

Brown deserved red.
    Bad challenge, on the stretch.
    Deserved to walk imho

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Are you serious? A team in real danger of being relegated you want the manager to tell his player to miss the penalty?? Then they go down by either a point or on goal difference... Nah, yer alright, the player is going to get banned for two games anyway. How many decisions have Celtic got against others and they don't miss the penalty on purpose or give a goal straight back when it's been blatantly offside.
    Where did i say i that?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    This is all being set up for a Scottish Cup Final where Celtic have one game to maintain an undefeated season vs us retaining a two year unbeaten streak in the Scottish, isn't it?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Today's games

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    You can't remember anyone being banned for diving? Walker this year, GoC against St Johnstone, there has been many occasions where players have been caught and punished afterwards.
    The reward of a penalty makes it worthwhile though.
    Make it a 6 or 7 game ban and then you'll see a lot less of it.
    And I think O'Connor got off with it.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    How many fouls is ****e going to get away with?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    What was the red for?

Looks like we can't expect an improved standard of refereeing next season, then!

Cheats like Schalke, Walker etc should start getting lengthy bans for blatant cheating.
    Brown should never have been sent off. Worthy of a yellow but County players reaction was pathetic. It was late but nothing else. I think it will be successfully appealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Cheats like Schalke, Walker etc should start getting lengthy bans for blatant cheating.
    Brown should never have been sent off. Worthy of a yellow but County players reaction was pathetic. It was late but nothing else. I think it will be successfully appealed.
    No chance.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Brown deserved red.
    Bad challenge, on the stretch.
    Deserved to walk imho
    Without a doubt. He'd lost the plot but considering what happened in the previous 5 mins then I can understand why.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Brown also had a kick at Boyce, in the foul before his sending off

Man U 2 Chelsea 0

Title race on?

Make the punishment for diving a 3 point deduction for the team. Managers would make sure players played fair.

I just knew Brown was going to do something like that after the penalty incident. He was furious and I just knew he was gonna end up clattering someone after that.

I must admit, I like Brown, he's exactly the sort of guy you want in your team but he should have kept the head, a tackle like that could have been pretty dangerous.

As for the penalty, utterly terrible decision but the ref was conned. Embarrassing dive.

Watching Man U v Chelsea and Rashford has been absolutely immense, he's totally running the show, what a brilliant player they have, should build the team round him.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Watching Man U v Chelsea and Rashford has been absolutely immense, he's totally running the show, what a brilliant player they have, should build the team round him.
    And only 17!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    And only 17!
    He's 19 will be 20 in October. Still impressive for such a young player though.