hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alex Harris

Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought he was superb when he came on today. He looked threatening on the run and barely put a foot wrong. Keatings should have converted his cut back though.
    Keatings won't be her next season imo...like Holt and Graham simply not good enough. Harris has a far better chance of earning a deal imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White View Post
    Always struck me as a very inconsistent player. Even during his loan spell at dundee he was on fire first quarter of that season and then completly fell away. Great that hes bulked up abit though as he was like a scared wee lamb when he last had a run of game with us. Hope he comes good. Love a pacey winger me

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    The boy suffered an horrific injury then fell foul of the Butcher...let's cut him some slack. Wingers are always inconsistent...most of us love Boyle but he is infuriating at times.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Not the wee boy who you can shove over anymore. Maybe unfair but I compared him to Jinky McCluskey with all the talent and tricks but one good clattering could get him out of the game. Still a player in there and it's up to him to prove that he can be a first team pick.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    A good 25 mins but QoS had given up the ghost by the time he came on. I'll trust Lennon to decide whether he stays or goes.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Hate to say it but I have always detected a wee bit inverse snobbery amongst some posters in their comments about Harris.

Spot on.

Looked like the laddie that first broke thought a few years ago. Should of had an assist

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    He looked good.
    He beat his men.
    He was always eager to get on the ball.
    Good cross for keatings, who fluffed big time.
    Also burst into the box and tried to shoot but was snuffed out unfortunately.

Positive

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    It's amazing that even after today's performance, some people think alex Harris won't make it at Hibs. I think it is certain that he will get a new contract and that we will see him back to his best. Have a little faith!
    It's really not amazing. He had one run and a couple nice touches in a 25 minute spell in a game against a team who had given up the ghost because they were 3-0 down. That's really nowhere near enough to change peoples minds after 4 seasons of offering absolutely nothing. He done well yesterday, and I'd love to see him make it at Hibs, but the idea that yesterday should have been enough to get a new contract and change everyones opinions is simply laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It's really not amazing. He had one run and a couple nice touches in a 25 minute spell in a game against a team who had given up the ghost because they were 3-0 down. That's really nowhere near enough to change peoples minds after 4 seasons of offering absolutely nothing. He done well yesterday, and I'd love to see him make it at Hibs, but the idea that yesterday should have been enough to get a new contract and change everyones opinions is simply laughable.
    Queen of the South had not given up the ghost, they were still trying to get something from the game right up until the final whistle.
    Harris did well. The support Lennon was giving him from the dugout was remarkable. He knows we have a real asset there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    A 25 minute cameo appearance does not make up for doing nothing in the last 3 seasons. I don't think he's good enough and can't see him getting a new deal

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Keatings won't be her next season imo...like Holt and Graham simply not good enough. Harris has a far better chance of earning a deal imo

While I think you may well be right about Holt not being here I think the one thing he did show is that we look a much better prospect in certain types of game with a Centre Forward who can bully a defence and I would actually target that role as a key signing.

As for Harris I'd give him a new deal - it's likely to be a relatively cheap option and more than worth a punt.

It was great to see him come on yesterday and I was really encouraged to see him play with confidence.

What a boost it would be if Alex could push his way into the team for next season by being the player we all thought he was capable of being at the outset.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    A 25 minute cameo appearance does not make up for doing nothing in the last 3 seasons. I don't think he's good enough and can't see him getting a new deal
    There is always one .Give the lad a chance . In my opinion you will be eating a big slice of humble pie next season

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have said often enough that I would love Alex to regain his confidence as pace is a priceless commodity in a team and one we have lacked brutally for donkeys years, Boyle apart.

If we were judging Alex on his time on the ball yesterday then I would give him 7-10. I thought he should have done much better when he broke into the box, but other than that his cameo was encouraging.

I doubt though that the deciding factor on Alex will be his time on the ball.

There were a couple of occasions yesterday, and I would need to see them again to be sure, when I felt he could have put in a tackle and he didn't look remotely interested in doing so.

In the SPL we will need everyone to compete for every ball. IMO Alex will need to convince that he has recovered the confidence and bravery to do so.

Done well, kept it safe mostly but that is also good to see. Was an easy game for him to come on to, 3-0 up away to be crowned champions so was good management by Lennon.

Skinned 2 of there players for the Keatings chance and most importantly had the ability to lift his head and execute the right pass.

Also showed really good movement for through ball that Fyvie? Picked out.

Long way to go but it was an encouraging appearance.