hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Harris

First Team Regular

Alex Harris

Alex Harris take a bow .Great to see him playing as we hoped he could

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I've been critical of him and I still don't think he has a future at Hibs, but he played very well today. If he could play like that every week he'd probably start most games.

Would love to see him make an impact and progress but honestly dont think he will be here next season. Great lad and the next few weeks for him could be the difference between a good career or langusing in the lower leagues imo

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alex Harris take a bow .Great to see him playing as we hoped he could
    That's great to hear - keep it up, Alex !!

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Would love to see him make an impact and progress but honestly dont think he will be here next season. Great lad and the next few weeks for him could be the difference between a good career or langusing in the lower leagues imo
    Lennon sees his potential. Think he'll be here next season. Then we'll see if he can make it.

Has to be worth a start next week as he showed today he's more than capable, and hopefully he takes this opportunity.

Great run down the wing with a burst of pace. Good to see him back. Maybe he'll prove us doubters, including me, wrong. Could be our secret weapon late on against the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Lennon sees his potential. Think he'll be here next season. Then we'll see if he can make it.
    Wouldn't be so sure but I hope your right. I'm not saying he's not seen his potential but realising potential and unanimously saying there is one is an altogether different thing.

Played well very positive when he came on.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Was excellent when he came on! Really hope he gets back to his best like the Alex Harris of the 2012/13 season

Would love him to succeed. When he's on his game, he's exactly what we need in this team.

Wouldn't be so sure but I hope your right. I'm not saying he's not seen his potential but realising potential and unanimously saying there is one is an altogether different thing.
    he wouldn't be playing the last 2 games if Lennon didn't see his potential. Unless he does something very bad I think he will get offered a new contract. potential match winner next week.

What I thought was one of the best parts of today was the collective feeling and support the fans had everytine he got the ball 'come on son show us the form you had we want you here'

Done well today.

If he can show that in the next 3 games he MIGHT be worth another year on a low wage to prove he can sustain it
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Was excellent when he came on! Really hope he gets back to his best like the Alex Harris of the 2012/13 season
    Waiting on him to come good is like my diet.

At least one seems to have a chance! :)

What I thought was one of the best parts of today was the collective feeling and support the fans had everytine he got the ball 'come on son show us the form you had we want you here'
    It was, weve seen it and we want to see it again. Great encouragement for Harris today.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Waiting on him to come good is like my diet.

At least one seems to have a chance! :)
    The long wait is almost over. For you just reduce the carbs

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    Has to be worth a start next week as he showed today he's more than capable, and hopefully he takes this opportunity.
    played well but no danger should he start next week, same starting line up as today, that midfield that started is one of the best in the country

Been critical of Harris in the past but must admit he looked alot like the exciting player who burst onto the scene 4 years ago today. Fast and direct. Well done!

No danger should be start next week, coming on at home well in control of the game is one thing playing against the second best team in the country in a Scottish cup semi final after 2 sub appearances nearly all season is another. Wouldn't surprise me if he's not featured at all next week. Mind give us another hampden performance like the Falkirk game and he can start for me lol 😜

@hibs.net private member
    A good performance but too little too late for a new contract

Funny how people see things differently.

Yes there were a couple of promising times, but there were plenty mixed and dissapointing times as well. Often looked to avoid or get rid of the ball. Had one great run after the defender sold himself and could have done better with half a chance not long after being on.

Would be a risk to start him IMO. Worth starting in the 3 league games though

Desperate to see Harris make a career at us and firmly believe he will

Boyle seldom finds a player with a cross.Harris came on and laid on a sitter.Deserves another season.

Harris was excellent when he came on today. If he was to manage to turn this round now I think it would be the biggest footballing comeback of all time.
    Seriously though, if he can get back to producing like that then maybe there is an outside chance he could get a one year extension. I was pleasantly surprised today. And also fair play to him for bulking up a bit, there has obviously been some hard work going on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Regular Highland_Hibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Amusing Munch PSN ID: Amusing_Munch
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    A good performance but too little too late for a new contract
    We still have 3 games left this season. With promotion achieved I say let him play, there is a player in there. We just need to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Funny how people see things differently.

Yes there were a couple of promising times, but there were plenty mixed and dissapointing times as well. Often looked to avoid or get rid of the ball. Had one great run after the defender sold himself and could have done better with half a chance not long after being on.

Would be a risk to start him IMO. Worth starting in the 3 league games though
    You're right, people see things differently and imo you're being very harsh on the lad by being so downbeat over what was a very good performance.

@hibs.net private member
    I would start Harris in all the remaining league games with the instruction to go and win a contract. He was excellent today and showed how dangerous a player he could be for us. Combine Alex's brain, crossing and vision with Boyle's heart, effort and guts and you would have a great player. The good news for Alex is you can learn to work harder and put more a shift in and it's not impossible to get that bottle back. I hope he gets an extension, he probably doesn't deserve one at the moment but he is the type of player I love watching.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    I cant say I particularly rate Harris, but that may be down to his confidence being destroyed by Butcher, and Stubbs not really favouring wingers. If Lennon sees something in him and feels he can get performances out of him, at 22 there is still plenty of time. The remaining league games are the perfect opportunity for him to show he should still be at the club next season.

He looks stronger and more confident, look forward to see if he can push on next season and get a permanent place in midfield.