hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,377

    Historic Scotland

    We have just signed up as members and get free access to all their sites for the Wife and I and 6 kids for 7.24 a month.
    We also get 18 months for the price of 12.

    After visiting Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle , it has paid for itself already.

    Off to Melrose Abbey today.

    Fantastic value for money.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15,912
    That's a great deal which gives you plenty of options when looking for things to do of a weekend (especially with the close season coming up).

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's a great deal which gives you plenty of options when looking for things to do of a weekend (especially with the close season coming up).
    I was amazed at how cheap it is.

    It would have cost us about 45 to get into Edinburgh castle alone without joining.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    59
    Posts
    9,200
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have just signed up as members and get free access to all their sites for the Wife and I and 6 kids for 7.24 a month.
    We also get 18 months for the price of 12.

    After visiting Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle , it has paid for itself already.

    Off to Melrose Abbey today.

    Fantastic value for money.
    Do you have 6 kids? Congratulations!

    Or does your membership allow for upto 6 kids to join adults on a visit?

    I'm thinking of grandparents with grandchildren from more than one set of parents or even the children bringing their wee friends along.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have 6 kids? Congratulations!

    Or does your membership allow for upto 6 kids to join adults on a visit?

    I'm thinking of grandparents with grandchildren from more than one set of parents or even the children bringing their wee friends along.



    Upto 6 kids. I have 3.
    Yes , you can take any kids with you as long as their parents agree :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    8,966
    Do you pay it monthly or is it a one off payment?

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you pay it monthly or is it a one off payment?
    7 odds per month .

    There are other options but that one gives you 2 adults and up to 6 kids.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  9. #8
    Testimonial Due weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee coonty of course
    Posts
    1,727
    I am a member of National Trust for Scotland and that is a good deal as well. Joined up last Easter at Culloden and that paid us in and then one more visit to Bannockburn and we were already in credit. Something that I thing both NTS and HS should consider is a reciprocal arrangement whereby they each give discounts to members of the other

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,263
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have just signed up as members and get free access to all their sites for the Wife and I and 6 kids for 7.24 a month.
    We also get 18 months for the price of 12.

    After visiting Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle , it has paid for itself already.

    Off to Melrose Abbey today.

    Fantastic value for money.
    I've had it a few years and like you say, it is good value - visit the likes of the two castles and it's paid for itself. Plus they have sites all over the country so it doesn't matter where you are, there's something to visit. The Borders abbeys are good value too.

    Extra bonus is the free access to English Heritage sites after your first year.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  11. #10
    Testimonial Due jodjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have just signed up as members and get free access to all their sites for the Wife and I and 6 kids for 7.24 a month.
    We also get 18 months for the price of 12.

    After visiting Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle , it has paid for itself already.

    Off to Melrose Abbey today.

    Fantastic value for money.
    Just seen thread so I'm too late but I hope you went to Dryburgh Abbey. Lovely setting and less tour buses.

  12. #11
    This deal sounds great.

    I'll be getting signed up before the summer. Can't believe I didn't know about this before so thanks for sharing.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just seen thread so I'm too late but I hope you went to Dryburgh Abbey. Lovely setting and less tour buses.
    We ended up at Linlithgow Palace instead so will leave Melrose and Dryburgh until next week.
    Going to roll eggs at Cairnpapel hill burial site on Sunday before heading to Blackness.

    I'm making sure I get my money's worth :-)
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This deal sounds great.

    I'll be getting signed up before the summer. Can't believe I didn't know about this before so thanks for sharing.
    I had no idea either . My wife's pal mentioned it but I didn't believe her :

    Well worth it though.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  15. #14
    The Power
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In ma hoose!
    Posts
    15,074
    I had a membership when i was a childminder. Brilliant during the summer hols. Stirling castle was a favourite.

  16. #15
    I get 2 free national trust passes per year through my bank account. We went to Bannockburn yesterday for free (normal price is 30.50).

  17. #16
    Testimonial Due superhibi1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    grangemouth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,105
    we also have a membership and use it loads during the holidays, the wee boy loves going to castles, well worth the money

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    8,966
    That's me signed up as well. The Mrs is taking the wee one up to craigmillar castle today and I'm going to head up to the castle on Monday.

  19. #18
    Testimonial Due jodjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get 2 free national trust passes per year through my bank account. We went to Bannockburn yesterday for free (normal price is 30.50).
    I'm guiding round two NTS places at Bannockburn and Culross on a Bruce ancestry tour tomorrow. Always enjoy Culross

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved