hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular ArmadaleHibs's Avatar
    This is nuts

In addition, scheme members will finally be able to secure the rights to their season-ticket seats, for all non-league games, for a period of 3 years. (A ticket will still require to be purchased for these games, of course). This “3 Year” scheme will cost £100.

I cut this statement out from the original but what it doesn't say is that they actually mean £100 per season for the next 3 years but they will give you a first year £50 deduction if you commit to all three. So between £250-£300 just for the right to buy your own seat for cup ties.

Surely as a loyal season ticket holder you should have 1st option on your seat as a matter of courtesy and not for a fee. If any, and they will as they are idiotic, fans sign up to this then I'm sorry but they are absolutely deluded beyond repair. Absolute scam. I would be absolutely raging if this were my team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    In all her statement there's no mention of handing shares over to FOH. Surely that's the most important thing? She keeps asking for cash and TBF to the Yams they keep giving. But there has to be a time where she hands over at least a % of the shares.

In a nutshell "we have to spend millions we don't have to bring our stadium up to the standard that our city neighbours have enjoyed for the last 5-10 years".

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadaleHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is nuts

In addition, scheme members will finally be able to secure the rights to their season-ticket seats, for all non-league games, for a period of 3 years. (A ticket will still require to be purchased for these games, of course). This “3 Year” scheme will cost £100.

I cut this statement out from the original but what it doesn't say is that they actually mean £100 per season for the next 3 years but they will give you a first year £50 deduction if you commit to all three. So between £250-£300 just for the right to buy your own seat for cup ties.
    Surely as a loyal season ticket holder you should have 1st option on your seat as a matter of courtesy and not for a fee. If any, and they will as they are idiotic, fans sign up to this then I'm sorry but they are absolutely deluded beyond repair. Absolute scam. I would be absolutely raging if this were my team.
    I read it as £100 for the 3 years. Not that it makes it any better, just cheaper, but I didn't read it as being £100 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Paying money in order to guarantee you can actually buy a cup ticket is absurd. Do they think they are ****** Barcelona.
    No, they're "tens of thousands of people's Real Madrid"

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Like a lot if building projects here in the Philippines, the structure goes up and the money runs out. It stays as an empty shell for years, depreciating in value while the frame erodes.
    Hopefully it turns out like the stand for the "new" dog track at Wallyford.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    In a nutshell "we have to spend millions we don't have to bring our stadium up to the standard that our city neighbours have enjoyed for the last 5-10 years".

So, she has found a way to make their 98 metre long pitch fully UEFA compliant

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    'Tynecastle - the new Wallyford Greyhound Stadium'

Could work as a marketing slogan.
    Damn, beat me to it! :-)

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Family yam was absolutely blazing last night. He simply ain't paying and knows a few who think the same. They'll pick and choose games "which won't be many whilst levein and Cathro are involved".

Sounds like enough is beginning to be enough.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Interestingly they have not decided whether season tickets in the roseburn will be Cat A inclusive or just cat B. This is dependent on how many they sell, so there's still a chance we will only get 1100 tickets for Tynecastle next season. This place will go into meltdown if that's the case.

Also so there's an agreement in place that they will play their first few home games at Murrayfield if building works overrun.

Is that part clear? There have been suggestions that Murrayfield may not be available and instead they will have to ask for their first few fixtures to be away from home. Don't know how many they may be talking about, but as we would generally expect to be home when they are away and vice versa, I don't want us having a long run of home games at the start of the season then weeks without a home game later on as they catch up.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    There was a typo. She meant Cathro was 'articulated'. He is the flexible joint between the laptop and the team.
    Sure she meant to say matriculated, giving up the junior trainee assistant to potter gig and going back to finish school.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

So, is their new Stand still scheduled to open in September this year?

Another thing said to me was that with the capacity growing, more fans will just not bother buying a season ticket as getting a seat will be no problem. Cash flow?
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I read it as £100 for the 3 years. Not that it makes it any better, just cheaper, but I didn't read it as being £100 a year.
    The statement reads as £50 for the first year and £100 a year there after, at least that was my interpretation of it.

Testimonial Due
    Despite saying last night that I couldn't be bothered reading Mrs B's magnum opus, I couldn't resist a return today. It's an even dafter piece than I thought it was yesterday and I wonder if there are a few 'unintended consequences' in there.

While the week of bake sales and the (ahem) comedy events could be managed as an arm's length fundraiser with a potential VAT free donation at the end, I wonder if they've shot themselves in the foot a little over some of the other wheezes they've come up with to divert hard-earned cash from cardigan pockets straight into their coffers.

So, for example, FoH Direct Debits currently go straight to the club as a donation. No benefits are given so no VAT is chargeable. Surely the £100 cup ticket guarantee '3 year scheme' would be VATable. Crucially, I think the 'Annual Benefits' scheme would be too. The clue is kind of in the name. For Direct Debiters who've paid in more than £250 (I know, it's tragic) they'll get a 50% (I do think that should have been a 51%) discount on the 'Annual Benefit' scheme. So, effectively, their contribution so far will give them access to a chance to pay another £50 to get them discounts when they pay even more money into the club (and at a selection of Jambo-orientated businesses elsewhere). Hang in there, like Mrs B, I'm getting to the point eventually. So, I'm wondering a) are they risking cancellation of the VAT free donations in exchange for VATable schemes and; b) will the conferring of a benefit for FoH membership (however tenuous) also make that a VATable scheme?

Any experts out there with an opinion on this?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    The statement reads as £50 for the first year and £100 a year there after, at least that was my interpretation of it.
    There are two schemes that she's peddling to deluded numpties. Scheme one is the '3 year scheme'. It's £100 for 3 years and it gives you the right to buy your season ticket seat for non league games.

Then there's the 'Annual Benefits scheme'. It costs £100 a year - every year. BUT if you sign up to the '3 year scheme' you only have to pay £50 for that in year 1. Its benefits are tenuous at best.

If you are dim enough to sign up to both schemes and buy a season ticket, over the next three years you would pay £350 + 3 x season ticket cost + home cup games + pie and bovril x 18 + flour, eggs and sugar for bake sales + XXXL strip x 3 = family trip to Disneyland.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    games of beat the goalie to pay for their new stand. big team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yams selling bricks like;

https://youtu.be/0DfzoTbdIzQ

😂😂

First Team Breakthrough Mon_the_cabbage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    games of beat the goalie to pay for their new stand. big team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the goalie is Jack Hamilton they would be better having a shoot the fish in a barrel game as it would present a stiffer challenge

Whatever way you look at this, it's going to be expensive to be a Yam next season.

Season ticket (Budget Stand) - £510
    Seat guarantee - £100
    Discount Scheme - £100
    FoH DD (£15 a month) - £180 (they do like their 5-1 but not enough to pay £51)
    Total. - £890

Thanks boys, oh and can you come along to all the events on the fundraising week - bring your piggy bank! This is the sort of thing that ends up on Watchdog.

If this is what 'big clubs' do, then I'd be happy to consider Hibs as a wee club.

Did somebody mention a family fun day to raise cash?

Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    Whatever way you look at this, it's going to be expensive to be a Yam next season.

Season ticket (Budget Stand) - £510
    Seat guarantee - £100
    Discount Scheme - £100
    FoH DD (£15 a month) - £180 (they do like their 5-1 but not enough to pay £51)
    Total. - £890

Thanks boys, oh and can you come along to all the events on the fundraising week - bring your piggy bank! This is the sort of thing that ends up on Watchdog.

If this is what 'big clubs' do, then I'd be happy to consider Hibs as a wee club.
    .....and mind and take a week of work between the 7th and 14th may.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    So, is their new Stand still scheduled to open in September this year?
    The sensible money is on Jan 2018 as they need to fit it out from fund raising😀

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Hopefully it turns out like the stand for the "new" dog track at Wallyford.
    New Tynecastle.jpg

"It's ok."

If only they hadnt got horses out of the scottish cup three times by us and had got the dough we got from the cup runs then they wouldn't have had to resort to this. Pleasng in the extreme.

This is all very pleasing in my eyes.

The so called Famous are scraping about for every penny as they are totally rooked in the money stakes in their bid to fund this new mega stand!!

A 52 page document to basically say give us more dosh!

It gets even better.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    What if they get away draws? Do they get their £100 back? 😂
    It's like the ****test Cup Top Up scheme in history.

J

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    I presume missing out on Europe will hurt them further?

Not that they will have a stadium to play in in July mind.

J

First Team Breakthrough
    The Scotsman article on this completely ignores the "begging bowl" content of Budge's statement so it's not just the west coast media that sugar coats news of their favourite teams.

Also their article states that there are contingency plans to use Murrayfield for league games in the early part of next season. If that's the case then surely all home league games for the first two quarters, ie up to the end of December, would have to be played at Murrayfield in order to avoid the unfairness/inconsistency of some away opponents playing at Tynecastle and others at a "neutral" Murrayfield.

In the past Inverness CT had to play half a season at Aberdeen,during ground improvements at Caley stadium, to comply with this rule.

If this is the case then, as the SRU is not a charity, a fair chunk of rental will be required from our Pink neighbours. Cue another funding appeal/scam from their supporters.

Couldn't they just bake a stand? A helluva lot better than baking cakes to fund one.

They must be getting good at it by now. Three giant battenburgs with a Victoria sponge on top.

Colours of said patisseries even match their away strips so everyone's a winner.

Sir Matt Busby