hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    If my child was at Tynecastle nursery I'd be questioning why the nursery was being fitted out last. After the Director Suites and Hospitality. Particularly when that part is being funded by the Council....

(.... added for emphasis... apparently that's what big teams do...)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, a season ticket holder in the old asbestos stand used to pay £300. They now plan to make the new stand the same as platinum / gold in wheatfield. That is £480. Then add the new rate of 6% on top. Just for good measure then ask them for £100 up front to book their own seat for cup games( might not get a home tie ) . I reckon the natives will be raging. That is all before the direct debits and the bob a job week that is lined up. Fun times ahead.
    The whole main stand is currently silver. The "lower" wheatfield is also silver so will stay the same. "Upper" wheatfield fourth fifths is platinum. Likely this will be replicated across to the new main stand. A main stand jambo could go from £300 to £480 plus 6% in one season!

Good luck with that one budge. Thats probably more than Celtic!?

First Team Breakthrough Curly1875's Avatar
    If there is one thing Cathro needs it's more money thrown at him.

Long may it continue I say!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Was speaking to a staunch Jambo today and he told me that him and his mate are not renewing their season tickets, after 20 years of each having one. They also intend to cancel their FoH contributions. "Why?" I asked and was told they are fed up with the football, don't rate Cathro and are stinging in their criticiusm of his signings, hate Levein and perhaps most importantly, given the nature of this thread, they're sick of being continuously asked for more money.

I doubt they're alone
    Any more good news John? :o)

Testimonial Due
    I got bored pretty quickly and I'm not that tempted to go back and read it again.

What a pile of drivel. Badly written and way too much detail.

I can't imagine that many of our maroon chums will get round to reading it all. Delighted also to see that the money troubles are kicking in. Pleasing.

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    It's like she's trying to be their pals.
    "l̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶" "It is still 'all to play for' as they say in football."

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    How badly written is this? It's awful. Don't they employ people in PR there who could at least proof read it? If nothing else to make it read well even though the content would still remain crazed nonsense?
    To be fair, the season would be over by the time it took to edit a statement that length.

I'm not sure what's more hilarious, the fact that they described Ian f***ing Cathro as "articulate" or the fact that they feel the need to say that in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I'm not reading that.

So in conclusion, Hearts fans can buy a season ticket in all four stands next season. However, for cup games they'll have to give away the whole stand if the other team wants it. So all season ticket holders will go into a lottery for a seat for these games, and there won't be enough seats for each season ticket holder. So if you pay £100 you're guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket, but the ticket is not included in that price. Is that correct?
    Yep, Budge basically saying Hearts need away support paying full whack to let Hearts keep paying the bills. Oh and by the way, all their own fans will have to cough up for more expensive STs and they need theym to also sign up for one of the many new money grabbing schemes they need to make ends meet. Fan ownership? Well not for a while yet by the look if it.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 221000 View Post
    "2.3 Construction Phase – Part 3 : Fit-out

Having built the structure of the new building, we must, of course, then do the fit-out. This will be done in stages as cash-flow permits."

So they don't have the cash in place, right now, to fund the monstrosity! And are fleecing fans even more to do so. Jeez

Apart from that hilarious take on the "statement" ..... it's a bl00dy long read, more like a short novel! All fiction mind.
    The give-away was the pre-construction bit had 3 or 4 phases before the actual construction bit which also has 3 or 4 phases.

So many phases to get through to arrive at a final product.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    After a brief skim through of that crock of **** I can safely say that if Hibs came out with any of that pish they'd be getting told to GTF by most of the support. Race nights and family fun days? 😂😂😂

Blog Entries
    Unsurprisingly the muppets are taking it hook, line and sinker and are absolutely wetting themselves at the quality of the report.

Hearts are coming across as a cuddly wee fun club who don't see results on the park as the main priority.

"No problem with any of that. She's good at articulating long term strategies. I'm happy to see how summer recruitment goes."
    Although I think this is a bit of a better take
    "Since administration we have consistently signed ***** players that we don't scout properly,the cash weve wasted on gash like Oshaniwa is not important as your contributions cover that,our football style is utterly boring but that's ok because that is going to be the ethos at all levels at Hearts.Sorry for getting beat again by Hibs that was Paterson and Souttars fault for being injured,thanks for your constant cashflow for our DOF to piss away though.I'm other news the stand is progressing" Source: Sickback
    Last edited by Is It On....; 12-04-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Throda's articulate if you take away all the pish he talks.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I'm not reading that.

So in conclusion, Hearts fans can buy a season ticket in all four stands next season. However, for cup games they'll have to give away the whole stand if the other team wants it. So all season ticket holders will go into a lottery for a seat for these games, and there won't be enough seats for each season ticket holder. So if you pay £100 you're guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket, but the ticket is not included in that price. Is that correct?

What if every knuckledragger who takes a ST also coughs up the £100 to guarantee them their ticket for a cup game?

as you've said, cup games require the stand to be turned over to the away side (not all sides would want the whole stand, but certainly rangers, Celtic, us, Aberdeen, arguably st Johnstone and Dundee Utd would all want the whole stand), so how would that work when AB has allowed them to purchase a guarantee?

actually, part of me kind of hopes this happens just for the meltdown that would follow. Only a wee bit of me mind, would much rather they sold circa 200 STs (that's not a mistype btw) and got very little money in

Left by mutual consent!
    Folk on here criticising the way this 'statement's written - think it's quite obvious that, in an even further attempt to reduce costs, Anne Budge and the Huns Dave King are using the same ghost-writer for their proclamations. Both 'statements' are long-winded and say a lot without actually saying anything - apart from the joint request for more money. Standard fare really for 2 teams whose support reguarly battles it out for the 'Dumbest F*****S In Scottish Football' title - both statements WILL be swallowed easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Hearts doing a Jam tart sale? How on earth did they manage to dream that one up?

It's in one of their "pop up stalls"

Can you still buy pop tarts ? 😷

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    What if every knuckledragger who takes a ST also coughs up the £100 to guarantee them their ticket for a cup game?

as you've said, cup games require the stand to be turned over to the away side (not all sides would want the whole stand, but certainly rangers, Celtic, us, Aberdeen, arguably st Johnstone and Dundee Utd would all want the whole stand), so how would that work when AB has allowed them to purchase a guarantee?

actually, part of me kind of hopes this happens just for the meltdown that would follow. Only a wee bit of me mind, would much rather they sold circa 200 STs (that's not a mistype btw) and got very little money in
    Having looked at it a little more it looks like they don't know if they're going to sell season tickets in the away stand. Most clubs are selling their season tickets and they don't even know if they're going to sell them in one of their stand or not. I've got no idea what this £100 one off payment is supposed to offer you now to be honest. Looks more and more like a "give us £100 and you'll get priority to buy your cup tickets but you will only be able to buy your own seat. Then once you've bought yours we'll let all the other people who didn't pay the £100 buy their own seat and they'll have the exact same thing you have but you'll be £100 down."

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    To be fair, the season would be over by the time it took to edit a statement that length.
    Good point well made

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

The only reason D Utd and St J would want the whole stand was so each travelling fan could have five or six seats to themselves.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 Mickey Weir View Post
    What two games a season max ... 😂
    Think they should pay it then they will hopefully get drawn away from home

GGTTH

Highlight of the article has to be...

'Seating comes in sections.. and when removed individually you are left in essence with 2 pieces of plastic! However, we are trying to work out a way to make it possible for supporters to have these, if they so desire.'

Yams queuing up to buy broken in half, pink-faded plastic seats from the asbestos stand What an absolute shambles they are. In Budge We Trust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    "Ian is particularly articulate and in his post-match interview and always attempts to give an honest and fulsome evaluation of how he sees things."

They could have at least proof read this drivel.

Ok, so basically they are building a new stand but the cost of season tickets in the other stands are also going up to reflect the improved facilities - how does that work?

Other than not having to look at the eyesore of a main stand and having a non-slip surface in the Roseburn what facilities are being improved?

Non-slip surfaces and toilets - should these not be a given when you enter a stadium with a suitable safety certificate? Oh wait.....

I'm a bit pished so gonna have to read this thread again tomorrow.
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Just saying.
    Very honest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    Very honest of you.
    On tram home and couldn't really follow it so realistically I'm the issue not the thread ;)

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Just saying.
    Listen, whoever wrote it was pished when they did it and so was the proof reader. Don't worry about interpretation and issues like that just because you've had a beer. Never stops me.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I would have thought most season tickets holders in the Roseburn will be wanting to move, either to the new plush mega bus shelter, or into the wheatfield somewhere. I don't think Hearts will be on a position financially, to not give Hibs,Rangers, Celtic the full stand next season