hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    No mention of cup performance, wonder why 😂

2. Log in to remove the advert

How badly written is this? It's awful. Don't they employ people in PR there who could at least proof read it? If nothing else to make it read well even though the content would still remain crazed nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a mess our neighbours are in, fantastic juxtaposition with our own clubs fortunes.

Seems odd too with Budge's on field six month review that there is no mention of their Scottish Cup run?
    I think you need to win at least two rounds in a cup before it can be described as a "run".

There's was more of a waddle.

"Ian is particularly articulate"

Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    Compared with who/what?

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Compared with who/what?
    Ann Budge?

@hibs.net private member
    And all on the day we announced 7500 season tickets sold. Shows how the tide has turned.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Compared with who/what?
    Boomhauer from King of the Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Boomhauer from King of the Hill?
    😂😂😂 good yin!! 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I canny wait til the knock down the potting shed, realise they're absolutely screwed for cash to throw up the new stand and are left with three tin cans and a building site round a tattie field
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperAllyMcleod View Post
    That's madder than anything that Mad Vlad McMad came up with.

Ian must have wrote that, or at the very least he's had a hand in it.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I canny wait til the knock down the potting shed, realise they're absolutely screwed for cash to throw up the new stand and are left with three tin cans and a building site round a tattie field
    Aye, but you have to remember they'll still have a massive truss.

It's apparently how all big teams operate, we just can't understand .

A "fundraising week" - so basically we've always managed to convince the fans to pay for everything in the past and we are going to do the same again for the stand. Come along and bring all the money you have!

I suppose it's better than borrowing it and not paying it back.

First Team Breakthrough
    Am sure we both have agreements in place around this, both get full away allocation for stands.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlad View Post
    Still haven't decided if they are offering season ticket holders in the Roseburn full tickets or if they'll move them for Cat A games. Basically Hibs may only get 1,500 tickets for Tynecastle next season.

Would hope we'd respond in kind with their allocation.

Was speaking to a staunch Jambo today and he told me that him and his mate are not renewing their season tickets, after 20 years of each having one. They also intend to cancel their FoH contributions. "Why?" I asked and was told they are fed up with the football, don't rate Cathro and are stinging in their criticiusm of his signings, hate Levein and perhaps most importantly, given the nature of this thread, they're sick of being continuously asked for more money.

I doubt they're alone
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I'm not reading that.

So in conclusion, Hearts fans can buy a season ticket in all four stands next season. However, for cup games they'll have to give away the whole stand if the other team wants it. So all season ticket holders will go into a lottery for a seat for these games, and there won't be enough seats for each season ticket holder. So if you pay £100 you're guaranteed the opportunity to buy a ticket, but the ticket is not included in that price. Is that correct?

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I see the auld crow had budgeted for a fourth place finish. They'll be lucky if they scrape 5th so there's another x amount of cash they'll need to scrounge from somewhere. No millions but every little helps and that.

Hope the Gorgie branch of Lidl are stocked up on eggs, milk and icing sugar and their grannies have cleaned their pinnies.

I'd genuinely be mortified if my football club put out a begging note like that.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    'Run' would be pushing it
    Jogging briefly on the spot before running out of breath and limping home would be more accurate.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I see the auld crow had budgeted for a fourth place finish. They'll be lucky if they scrape 5th so there's another x amount if cash they'll need to scrounge from somewhere.

Hope the Gorgie branch of Lidl are stocked up on eggs, milk and icing sugar and their grannies have cleaned their pinnies.

I'd genuinely be mortified if my football club put out a begging note like that.
    Thing is, if they'd marketed it properly they could have done it to build relations between the club, the players and the fans, much like a lot of the German clubs do.

Instead they've admitted to being skint and are trying to raise funds the way you'd expect a boys club to raise money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Was speaking to a staunch Jambo today and he told me that him and his mate are not renewing their season tickets, after 20 years of each having one. They also intend to cancel their FoH contributions. "Why?" I asked and was told they are fed up with the football, don't rate Cathro and are stinging in their criticiusm of his signings, hate Levein and perhaps most importantly, given the nature of this thread, they're sick of being continuously asked for more money.

I doubt they're alone
    Like with Vlad, it is only a matter of time before the whole Ponzi-like scheme unravels.

That statement was a masterpiece of obfuscation.

"Keep paying, boys and girls, and your investment will return untold riches".

Aye, right.

That's like something Hibs released 4 or 5 years ago when it was all starting/continuing to go wrong. 'Give us your money, we know what we're doing, if you don't give us your money we'll guilt trip you'.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Hearts are walking blindly down the same route we did for so many years. Long may it continue.

First Team Breakthrough
    So, a season ticket holder in the old asbestos stand used to pay £300. They now plan to make the new stand the same as platinum / gold in wheatfield. That is £480. Then add the new rate of 6% on top. Just for good measure then ask them for £100 up front to book their own seat for cup games( might not get a home tie ) . I reckon the natives will be raging. That is all before the direct debits and the bob a job week that is lined up. Fun times ahead.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Not good reading for Hearts fans - literally and figuratively. Budge should have got someone to proofread that before she uploaded it, the overuse of ellipses is bizarre.

ST sales over here may well be higher than theirs next season. If Cathro stays in charge we'll definitely be more than a match for them and their entire season is defined by finishing above us/the derbies. Also, they still can't bring themselves to admit that the capacity of the new Tynie will be lower than ours.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    So, a season ticket holder in the old asbestos stand used to pay £300. They now plan to make the new stand the same as platinum / gold in wheatfield. That is £480. Then add the new rate of 6% on top. Just for good measure then ask them for £100 up front to book their own seat for cup games( might not get a home tie ) . I reckon the natives will be raging. That is all before the direct debits and the bob a job week that is lined up. Fun times ahead.

Not a hint of frustration yet on Sickback. Truly brainwashed.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogsy23 View Post
    Am sure we both have agreements in place around this, both get full away allocation for stands.
    We don't.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    If I was cycling the clowns bicycle that is the yams I would just go for another share issue, that'll bring the cash rolling in.

Worked the last two times

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

"2.3 Construction Phase – Part 3 : Fit-out

Having built the structure of the new building, we must, of course, then do the fit-out. This will be done in stages as cash-flow permits."

So they don't have the cash in place, right now, to fund the monstrosity! And are fleecing fans even more to do so. Jeez

Apart from that hilarious take on the "statement" ..... it's a bl00dy long read, more like a short novel! All fiction mind.

@hibs.net private member
    Is the fundraising bit for Hutchison Vale or Hearts?

Embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 221000 View Post
    "2.3 Construction Phase – Part 3 : Fit-out

Having built the structure of the new building, we must, of course, then do the fit-out. This will be done in stages as cash-flow permits."

So they don't have the cash in place, right now, to fund the monstrosity! And are fleecing fans even more to do so. Jeez

Apart from that hilarious take on the "statement" ..... it's a bl00dy long read, more like a short novel! All fiction mind.

That stand's got the makings of the sequel to the Scottish parliament.