hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tories

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really?

Nothing then.
    Why are you so upset Gordon Brown sold off UK gold? I'd have thought that would have only upset the tories?

glory glory
    Last edited by northstandhibby; 25-04-2017 at 05:17 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Why are you so upset Gordon Brown sold off UK gold? I'd have thought that would have only upset the tories?

glory glory
    C940YsRXUAErnOh.jpg

Not a shabby response, laughed out loud at that one.

Nice retort.

glory glory

Which one is Gordon Brown again?

Theresa May promised to help the Just managing, and to work for all.

The Trussell trust are having to support more families than ever. Typical Tories.

https://t.co/EIzBVy5rWn

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Eh?

Another baffling post by snp fanatic. If your'e not with them they try to smear folk.

The £10 Billion snp deal with chinese human rights abusers they tried to keep quiet was nothing short of disgusting.

The tories and snp are two hypocritical cheeks of the same behind if you ask me.

glory glory
    Please accept my apology in calling you a Tory. It's hard to tell the difference these days. You've got me labelled wrong too. I'm not for the SNP but I am for independence and a non Tory government.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Please accept my apology in calling you a Tory. It's hard to tell the difference these days. You've got me labelled wrong too. I'm not for the SNP but I am for independence and a non Tory government.
    I will humbly accept your apology fellow hibby if you will accept mine as well. Seems I judged you wrongly too.

glory glory

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I will humbly accept your apology fellow hibby if you will accept mine as well. Seems I judged you wrongly too.

glory glory
    Consider it done. Peace Brother.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Consider it done. Peace Brother.
    And peace be with you too fellow hibby brother.

glory glory

There is one reason and one reason only that the Conservatives have had such a surge and that is the British propaganda machine owned 90%+ by tories and hard right lunatics.

It infuriates me when I hear people (mostly too old to use internet types) use BBC soundbites to back up their argument for switching from Labour to Tory.

Keep reiterating that Theresa May is a strong, stable leader (despite the tories BNP manifesto) and that Corbyn is an incompetent clown (despite the majority of the electorate supporting his manifesto) and people will accept it as absolute fact, without giving it a second thought or doing any research of their own!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    There is one reason and one reason only that the Conservatives have had such a surge and that is the British propaganda machine owned 90%+ by tories and hard right lunatics.

It infuriates me when I hear people (mostly too old to use internet types) use BBC soundbites to back up their argument for switching from Labour to Tory.

Keep reiterating that Theresa May is a strong, stable leader (despite the tories BNP manifesto) and that Corbyn is an incompetent clown (despite the majority of the electorate supporting his manifesto) and people will accept it as absolute fact, without giving it a second thought or doing any research of their own!
    I think you do yourself no favours when you reduce things to such simplistic terms. If that is the extent of your analysis, you will never be able to counter the many reasons why people choose to vote tory.

The irony is that you are demonstrating the kind of close mindedness that youre accusing others of.

@hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 8716 3819 6602 4564
    Laura Kuenssberg

May at #pmqs today - 38 mentions of strong, 11 mentions of stable, 5 mentions of chaos, 4 mentions of “coalition of chaos”

Hard questions answered, that would probably be 0
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Remember when Corbyn became leader and people said that he was unelectable?

I wonder if the political leanings of the media, and the electorate, played any part in that assessment.

I wonder if this country's politics is as simplistic as you think, why there wasn't a similar surge when Cameron couldn't win a majority in 2010 and only managed a slim majority in 2015.

Corbyn's past, his politics and relentless incompetence explain his poll ratings, much more than your naive analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

I wonder if the political leanings of the media, and the electorate, played any part in that assessment.

I wonder if this country's politics is as simplistic as you think, why there wasn't a similar surge when Cameron couldn't win a majority in 2010 and only managed a slim majority in 2015.

Corbyn's past, his politics and relentless incompetence explain his poll ratings, much more than your naive analysis.
    No. I remember when Corbyn became leader and the MSM said he was unelectable (like a broken record) along with his blairite MPs. Followers of the same man who is telling people to vote Tory over Corbyn.

But please... if people on here have such well thought out arguements for backing the tories, then by all means state your claims here, i'll be happy to prove every single one of them wrong.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    But please... if people on here have such well thought out arguements for backing the tories, then by all means state your claims here, i'll be happy to prove every single one of them wrong.
    Alrighty then.

If you are in a financially privileged position, the Tories will do their utmost to protect that!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Agree with everything you listed in the last paragraph and would add that the party's failure to fully support Corbyn is another reason that he is unelectable. I quite like him personally but I wouldn't want such a disfunctional party running the country.

Testimonial Due
    No. I remember when Corbyn became leader and the MSM said he was unelectable (like a broken record) along with his blairite MPs. Followers of the same man who is telling people to vote Tory over Corbyn.

What an arrogant claim.

Ok, prove this wrong. I dont think corbyn is fit to lead our country because he is a CND pacifist and so i think he is weak on defence

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

Here's one:- the Tories are more likely than Labour to keep taxes at their current level, and not increase them.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

No. I remember when Corbyn became leader and the MSM said he was unelectable (like a broken record) along with his blairite MPs.
    You avoided my other points, but that suggests that you only listen to the MSM and Blairite MPs.

Loads of ordinary people, Labour Party members or not, knew that as soon as he won the leadership contest on the back of Miliband's idiotic £3 membership plan, that Labour was in trouble.

If people are so easily manipulated by the media, how come Cameron didn't win in 2010 and only won a slim majority in 2015?
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 27-04-2017 at 01:22 PM.

Triple lock on pensions will be on the way out after this election. Prepare for minimal rises OAP's. Tories putting the boot in again.

https://t.co/QGEO6hiI6A