hibs.net Messageboard

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,051 to 1,068 of 1068

Thread: Tories

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Theresa May went on the 'comfy sofa' on 5live this morning, part of what is clearly an attempt to rehabilitate her reputation. She 'shed a tear' when the result became clear, apparently. She realised 'Jeremy' was in fact, a, 'good man' when she saw his response to the London terrorist attacks, etc etc. The interviewer was not exactly Jeremy Paxman, put it that way.

I'm really hoping she clings on to power for as long as possible, at least until we get another election. She's completely incapable of sounding anything else but totally insincere. Just one of those people.
    Saw 10 seconds of it there when I got in and that was enough, how anyone won't be able to see right through it is beyond me, then again the niavety of some people astounds me

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Saw 10 seconds of it there when I got in and that was enough, how anyone won't be able to see right through it is beyond me, then again the niavety of some people astounds me
    It's part and parcel of the British make-up that people with posh accents are automatically deemed to be leadership material.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    It's part and parcel of the British make-up that people with posh accents are automatically deemed to be leadership material.
    ****ing right. Its why there are so many cretins in positions of responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    ****ing right. Its why there are so many cretins in positions of responsibility.
    Jesus, my mum was saying she quite liked Rees Mogg. Asked her if she knew what he stood for - she didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Jesus, my mum was saying she quite liked Rees Mogg. Asked her if she knew what he stood for - she didn't know.
    Accents on men have a similar effect to boobs on women.

First Team Breakthrough
    Rees Mogg is a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    Rees Mogg is the most dangerous type of utter b*****d because it isn't immediately clear that that is exactly what he is.

He's a so-far-untainted version of Boris Johnson that has the potential to rain absolute misery on this country.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Rees Mogg is a class prat.
    Fixed that fur ye.

He's got a posh accent, apart from that what makes him so great?

So Philip Hammond has been caught out suggesting that public sector workers are "overpaid" and nobody is distrurbed by this?

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    So Philip Hammond has been caught out suggesting that public sector workers are "overpaid" and nobody is distrurbed by this?
    Normal day in Toryland.

Normal day in Toryland.
    Normal day in the UK.

Vote tory..... ignore what they do for the next several years..... then turn up and vote tory again, as things can only get better.....

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    There seems to be a cycle of complaining that public sector are under-paid then a wee while later they are either over-paid (for what they do) or enjoy generous benefits (pensions & sick pay).
    I'm not even sure what public sector is these days. I'm in the rail industry(infrastructure), it was public sector when I started but was then privatised, then pseudo public until brought back under the remit of the government a few years back,,, I still don't really consider myself public sector and few others do.
    Then we have health, is that public sector, it's virtually all trusts these days.

But, to answer the question, if I was to do a similar job outside the railway I'd probably be looking at a 40% pay cut. My mother who worked for NHS Scotland (office based) until her recent retirement has been looking for jobs in her field (she has to as she's short of NI contributions/WASPI issues) and even she's saying a similar job in the private sector is paying well below what she was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    There seems to be a cycle of complaining that public sector are under-paid then a wee while later they are either over-paid (for what they do) or enjoy generous benefits (pensions & sick pay).
    I'm not even sure what public sector is these days. I'm in the rail industry(infrastructure), it was public sector when I started but was then privatised, then pseudo public until brought back under the remit of the government a few years back,,, I still don't really consider myself public sector and few others do.
    Then we have health, is that public sector, it's virtually all trusts these days.

But, to answer the question, if I was to do a similar job outside the railway I'd probably be looking at a 40% pay cut. My mother who worked for NHS Scotland (office based) until her recent retirement has been looking for jobs in her field (she has to as she's short of NI contributions/WASPI issues) and even she's saying a similar job in the private sector is paying well below what she was getting.
    Comparison to the private sector is meaningless though. How much a private company decides to pay their workers beyond the minimum wage is entirely within their own remit and agreed upon with the employee. The government on the other hand have a responsiblity for ensuring that every worker who is officially working as a public sector employee recieves a paygrade that is either in line with the national living wage, or in line with their skills and experience.

Considering we have people in the public sector who are either putting their own lives on the line each day, or putting other peoples lives on their shoulders while going to foodbanks and other charities to make ends meet is utterly disgraceful. These shameful comments from the CoE only adds to this national scandal.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Comparison to the private sector is meaningless though.
    I wouldn't say meaningless, the comment from the Chancellor of the Exchequer was "Public sector workers receive a 10% premium over private sector counterparts"
    Considering we have people in the public sector who are either putting their own lives on the line each day, or putting other peoples lives on their shoulders while going to foodbanks and other charities to make ends meet is utterly disgraceful. These shameful comments from the CoE only adds to this national scandal.
    I reckon more folk in the private sector put their own lives at risk, but not for any particular "right" reason. Deep sea fishing is still up there as one of the most dangerous careers. Folk who work at height without correct fall arrests(scaffolders/roofers). People who carry out roadside recovery on busy roads,,,,,few, if any, public sector workers are in any more danger than anybody else working a job with inherent risks, in fact, their risk is probably managed better as there shouldn't be the financial squeeze and drive for profit many private sector workers face.

Regardless, this shouldn't become a race to the bottom. Everyone who works is entitled to fair pay and safe working practices,,,, even the military!

People with posh accents feel they are entitled to being in power and unfortunately loads of voters go along with it. Even when they ruin people's lives voters still default to what they know. So many people are like sheep nowadays and follow what everyday else does. Frightening what nonsense people believe by politicians especially white van man in the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    It's in all walks of life. I can live with nepotism and favouring people if they can do the job but so many people in all walks of life get promoted but have not got a Scrooby as to how to do the job. Immensely frustrating for mere minions with half a brain.

The irony and hypocrisy is breathtaking. Unfortunately most people only bother about their circle of people. Thatchers worse legacy was to make millions of people selfish barstewards starting with the council house sales and not building new ones and then floating companies to bribe voters. Now most people look at things only for what they can get and not for the common good.