hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

"At times, Cathro is to talking what roundabouts are to Livingston" lol

That article is obviously being quite positive but to be fair it does sound like they've learned a few things from their mistakes, he might last longer than I thought next season

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    The fact that a guy I was pally with in school stated on twitter that Jack Hamilton going fishing with Aaron Hughes was "the biggest surprise" of the night goes to show how dull an evening it must have been.
    If I was Jack Hamilton I'd try a worm or maybe an artificial fly or lure.

I cannae see many trout being taken in by a late 30's centre half with the pace of a tortoise doing a 3 legged race with Berra as a partner.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Phew......looks like the Q&A was a success and they will be with us next season.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-take-10386545

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Phew......looks like the Q&A was a success and they will be with us next season.

Ha-ha-ha - the 1st Muppet at 00:54 on being asked if Cathro had impressed him -

'Well, Ian Cathro does impress !'

- in a tone that suggests the guy genuinely believed the question to be stupid !

All it suggested to me was that Ian Cathro genuinely DOES have a fan - and it's the 1st muppet !

Obviously a PHM !

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

Sounds like Cathy threw his players under a bus to save his own skin.

What a guy.

@hibs.net private member
    The man is a hero of mine and many other Hibs supporters I know

Left by mutual consent!
    What a bizarre video. "Everyone working at Hearts wants to see a successful Hearts team." In other news, water is wet.

The one boy who said he coaches a bit seemed the most rational and sensible in his opinions. The rest were just odd jambos.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    "At times, Cathro is to talking what roundabouts are to Livingston" lol

That article is obviously being quite positive but to be fair it does sound like they've learned a few things from their mistakes, he might last longer than I thought next season
    Here's what he apparently learned from getting gubbed by Hibs in the cup again (make of it what you will?!?):

“If Plan A is not going well, Plan B is being robust enough not to lose a goal. Easter Road, Plan A is not going well, we weren’t robust enough to lose a goal in a derby in that way. There is an element there of knowing the league, knowing the country, knowing the environment and being equipped for that. It’s very important that core, that identity, that six, seven out of ten, will header out the box, stop the shot, foul at the right time, know the league, win the derby. "

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Here's what he apparently learned from getting gubbed by Hibs in the cup again (make of it what you will?!?):

“If Plan A is not going well, Plan B is being robust enough not to lose a goal. Easter Road, Plan A is not going well, we weren’t robust enough to lose a goal in a derby in that way. There is an element there of knowing the league, knowing the country, knowing the environment and being equipped for that. It’s very important that core, that identity, that six, seven out of ten, will header out the box, stop the shot, foul at the right time, know the league, win the derby. "
    Please...?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar

Let me translate;

In January I signed 10 out of contract foreign mercenaries. None of them had a clue what an Edinburgh derby is all about. Next season I'll try and make sure my team is full of Scottish cloggers who will hoof the ball out the box at every opportunity and kick **** out of guys like John McGinn(or foul at the right time as I'll call it, to make myself look better).

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Jambo fans should be embarrassed, the toughest line of questioning came from a wee lassie.

Hearts are an embarrassment of a football club. I actually feel a bit sorry for their decent fans. They had an opportunity to right a lot of wrongs after administration and promotion but they have made a monumental balls up by punting Neilson and letting Levein call the shots and are only heading in one direction. I guess Karma is a bitch.

Did he know it was the Scottish cup and not the league or was he playing for a point?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    The fact that a guy I was pally with in school stated on twitter that Jack Hamilton going fishing with Aaron Hughes was "the biggest surprise" of the night goes to show how dull an evening it must have been.
    I still don't fancy his chances of catching anything, but I suppose he's more chance on a river than on a football pitch.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar

Any yam that claims to understand that is clearly suffering from 'emperor's new clothes' syndrome.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    And there's probably 19 penalties in there.
    To be fair that is down to his tactics and training

Left by mutual consent!
    The 'Scotsman's decided it's McPhee's turn to be hailed today -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...vent-1-4441181

'He stroked fans' ego's, talking about the draw of the club. He emphasised with their feelings and emotions. He connected. He delivered ambition: "We want to make this a consistent Europa League club". And he didn't mean second-round qualifying cannon-
    fodder
    '

Proves that McPhee's no mug - it's well-known the Muppets love nothing more than getting their ego's stroked - I bet he 'stroked' them with words like -

'Hearts are a BIG club.........HUGE ....definitely the BIGGEST club in Edinburgh........New stand could mean LARGEST capacity - BIGGER than ER...............BIG support ....................LARGER support than Hibs............BIG players'

And in closing -

' ........ we both knew it was a BIG task we were taking on, probably the BIGGEST we've faced so far - for us to take on, what is, for a LARGE number of people, their REAL MADRID was a HUGE thing for us - MAMMOTH in fact - IMMENSE - as everything about this club is BIG ...... '

The reference to Europe is just the icing on the cake - or for the Jambos who were there - the gravy-stroke's .............

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    The 'Scotsman's decided it's McPhee's turn to be hailed today -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...vent-1-4441181

'He stroked fans' ego's, talking about the draw of the club. He emphasised with their feelings and emotions. He connected. He delivered ambition: "We want to make this a consistent Europa League club". And he didn't mean second-round qualifying cannon-
    fodder
    '

Proves that McPhee's no mug - it's well-known the Muppets love nothing more than getting their ego's stroked - I bet he 'stroked' them with words like -

'Hearts are a BIG club.........HUGE ....definitely the BIGGEST club in Edinburgh........New stand could mean LARGEST capacity - BIGGER than ER...............BIG support ....................LARGER support than Hibs............BIG players'

And in closing -

' ........ we both knew it was a BIG task we were taking on, probably the BIGGEST we've faced so far - for us to take on, what is, for a LARGE number of people, their REAL MADRID was a HUGE thing for us - MAMMOTH in fact - IMMENSE - as everything about this club is BIG ...... '

The reference to Europe is just the icing on the cake - or for the Jambos who were there - the gravy-stroke's .............
    And meanwhile back in the real world.......

United we stand here....

No mention of a partridge in a pear tree?

The coaching dream team probably think they've got away with it because they've convinced the deranged that paid money to listen to them but there's a growing number out there who are not having it.

Spoke to our family yam last night and he said he's a mixture of angry and embarrassed.

His cousin is a regular attender at the wongadome but he's not going back next season and seemingly there's talk of a protest about the way they're being run. Can't see it myself but might be interesting to see what happens if all the wisdom imparted at the masterclass results in more defeats.

Last edited by Bostonhibby; 10-05-2017 at 07:28 AM.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Sounds a bizarre event overall. This on Cathro:

'The first 20 minutes of the evening saw the Hearts boss attempt to introduce his 'four concepts of football' model.

"Do you see it?" he asked as the 20-minute mark approached. It was met with grumbles and negative mumbles. Never mind, it was rhetorical. He told the crowd they do, they do see it.

"You'll enjoy it when it clicks," he enthused. There was no hallelujah.'

Then it appears MacPhee stepped up to deliver some Yogi-style 'fitba folk ken' statements designed to get the fans onside after Cathro's ramblings:

"We want players out the door. It's no secret. It's fitbaw. You probably want the same ones out the door as we do."

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

'The first 20 minutes of the evening saw the Hearts boss attempt to introduce his 'four concepts of football' model.

"Do you see it?" he asked as the 20-minute mark approached. It was met with grumbles and negative mumbles. Never mind, it was rhetorical. He told the crowd they do, they do see it.

Then it appears MacPhee stepped up to deliver some Yogi-style 'fitba folk ken' statements designed to get the fans onside after Cathro's ramblings:

"We want players out the door. It's no secret. It's fitbaw. You probably want the same ones out the door as we do."

Did nobody ask who was responsible for bringing them in the door in the first place ?

But we cant get them out the door because Potter brought them in, well maybe the job lot ones who were on short term deals to try and beat Hibs. Potter will tell us what's happening then we might be able to let you know. Put your money in the jam jar and mind the door disnae hit the back of your heid on the way out, see you at the cake stall.

Sir Matt Busby

He would seriously do well selling pyramid schemes. He's pulling it all out of his erse on the fly cos he hasn't a clue. God bless him.

Cathro likes the sound of his own voice too much.

I think - inadvertently - he is talking about himself here. He didn't know the environment well enough, he didn't equip his team for a derby, he got taught a lesson.

Has he learnt anything though?

His continued confidence in his own ability suggests not. He got massively found out in the Cup game at ER and doesn't even realise.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Did nobody ask who was responsible for bringing them in the door in the first place ?

What do they care?

More than happy to throw their players under a bus if it means getting inside with the supporters.

Cowards.

Oh, and the continual Real Madrid references come across as so condescending. If someone told me Hibs was my Real Madrid I would have stern words. Hibs has an identity and history of its own thanks, don't patronise my club.

Hearts fans probably feel flattered by this nonsense though. But then a lot of them are thick.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by rupert.bollocks View Post
    He would seriously do well selling pyramid schemes. He's pulling it all out of his erse on the fly cos he hasn't a clue. God bless him.
    Agreed, I Don't understand why Budge doesn't utilise his talent re their 'Cake-bake's - he'd raise the money for their stand in weeks !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    No mention of a partridge in a pear tree?

The coaching dream team probably think they've got away with it because they've convinced the deranged that paid money to listen to them but there's a growing number out there who are not having it.

Spoke to our family yam last night and he said he's a mixture of angry and embarrassed.

His cousin is a regular attender at the wongadome but he's not going back next season and seemingly there's talk of a protest about the way they're being run. Can't see it myself but might be interesting to see what happens if all the wisdom imparted at the masterclass results in more defeats.

When they protested against Vladimir they kicked a couple of Russian hats.

To register their anger with Budge, maybe they'll tread on a purple coat??

That'll learn her!

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    When they protested against Vladimir they kicked a couple of Russian hats.

To register their anger with Budge, maybe they'll tread on a purple coat??

That'll learn her!
    or form a committee to agree the wording of a strongly worded letter?

They're rooked. She and Potter can do exactly what they want.

They won't be able to afford a hat to kick this time around

Sir Matt Busby

Prayers to St. Jude - patron saint of hopeless causes

Not convinced he has any great insights or modern philosophy but even if he does I do not think Hearts are the club where it can succeed as long as Mr Potter is responsible for the player personnel strategy. Ironically Cathro is the IT guy but his DOF is the one who utilises batch processing. Bringing in 10 at a time and then dumping most and then trying another batch is hardly likely to result in a squad settled enough to ever let it 'click' and it may be fair to say any other club in Scotland would have been better for his 'long term' strategies to be given time enough to click.

I was a little disappointed that the interviewer never pressed any of the interviewees who claimed they learned a few things about his tactics and approach to the game. Think they might have had to resort to the 'Official Secrets Act'.

One encouraging aspect of the evening for them was Scott Wilson having to be rushed in to announce 'yet another sell-out' when they realised 60% of the fold-up plastic chairs were occupied and to inform the audience that they could purchase their plastic chair at the end of the evening for only £100.00.

Heady days indeed at Tynecastle Park.