hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everything that is going on at Hearts is Karma and will continue for 30 odd years
    Amen. It's our time now

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    He's just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh, Lord don't let him be misunderstood.
    Oh, oh, oh baby - don't you know I'm human...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    The particularly articulate one is back, talking about Perry Kitchen...

Read more at: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...arts-1-4456156
    Are these kitchens he speaks off available at particularly attractive terms over the bank holiday weekend? If so the gorgie guardiola might well have hit on yet another fund raiser for the yam

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Panic over lads

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40095675

Craig Levein retains "high hopes" for Ian Cathro's Hearts tenure but says the club will seek to "repair the damage" of recent transfer windows.
    Levein, the club's director of football, described finishing fifth in the Premiership, as "frustrating and a tad disappointing".
    "I've got high hopes for him [Cathro]," Levein said. "This is a tough place to manage, as I know myself.
    "The thing about here is the players like him."

Levein says the "furore" surrounding 30-year-old Cathro since his arrival has been tough for the young head coach to deal with, but says the players enjoy working under him and will improve next season.
    "For him to be a real success here we need to give him time and let him understand what this is all about," Levein explained. "Then we can let him go and play how he wants to play, but we need to fix some other things first.
    "His problem early on has been understanding Scottish football, not understanding how he wants to play.
    "In this country just now, Celtic are in a class of their own, Rangers play a different style of football to other teams, but the rest play the same.
    "If you can't deal with long balls, second balls, wide crosses, then you can't impose yourself on the match.
    "His early experiences have been about understanding that part of it. Once he deals with that part of it I think it will allow his coaching abilities to come to the fore."

Basically saying Cathro doesn't understand football, only his way of football.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Cathros not *****, they're just playing in the wrong country.

And with goal posts

Thought Levein was responsible for transfers. Why did he decide wholesale changes were needed in January? It's his cock-up and he tries to lay the blame for the poor run at Cathro's door. The man is a grade 1 plank - and a coward.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Panic over lads

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40095675 .....

"If you can't deal with long balls, second balls, wide crosses, then you can't impose yourself on the match. .......
    University Challenge - "Craig Levein reading the bleeding obvious"
    (Unashamedly stolen from Farty Towers)

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    He just needs to get to grips with the schematics of Scottish football, once he's done that we'll have another Sir Alex Ferguson on our hands.

Panic over lads

Craig Levein retains "high hopes" for Ian Cathro's Hearts tenure but says the club will seek to "repair the damage" of recent transfer windows.
    Levein, the club's director of football, described finishing fifth in the Premiership, as "frustrating and a tad disappointing".
    "I've got high hopes for him [Cathro]," Levein said. "This is a tough place to manage, as I know myself.

Levein says the "furore" surrounding 30-year-old Cathro since his arrival has been tough for the young head coach to deal with, but says the players enjoy working under him and will improve next season.
    "For him to be a real success here we need to give him time and let him understand what this is all about," Levein explained. "Then we can let him go and play how he wants to play, but we need to fix some other things first.
    "His problem early on has been understanding Scottish football, not understanding how he wants to play.
    "In this country just now, Celtic are in a class of their own, Rangers play a different style of football to other teams, but the rest play the same.
    "If you can't deal with long balls, second balls, wide crosses, then you can't impose yourself on the match.
    "His early experiences have been about understanding that part of it. Once he deals with that part of it I think it will allow his coaching abilities to come to the fore."
    Wonder why father dougal didn't get to explain all this? Even if he only speaks pidgin English he is their coach. Surely feeling a bit undermined that they've got a big boy to speak for him instead and even worse that he's the one that's given dougal all the rubbish players.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

So if we ignore the old, old firm the rest of the teams all play the same way??
    There's the tactical Genius that saw the Scotland national team do so well under levein!!

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    So if we ignore the old, old firm the rest of the teams all play the same way??
    There's the tactical Genius that saw the Scotland national team do so well under levein!!
    4-6-0 formation.

Only ever seen one "coach" line up a team that way. Visionary, just like his new assistant Dougal.

Sir Matt Busby

Panic over lads

The thing is the players here like him

Players like Sam Nicholson, Jamie Walker, Struna and Callum Patterson

They all liked him so much they rejected new deals to leave and/or handed in a transfer request

Really bright future there

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Thought Levein was responsible for transfers. Why did he decide wholesale changes were needed in January? It's his cock-up and he tries to lay the blame for the poor run at Cathro's door. The man is a grade 1 plank - and a coward.

But then Levein likes transfers doesn't he?

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    There's something of Spike Milligan about 'throda. I wonder if the exceptionally articulate young coach could be his lovechild. Certainly mad enough.

Ian Cathro.jpgSpike Milligan.jpg

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

They all liked him so much they rejected new deals to leave and/or handed in a transfer request

Meanwhile on Kickback they are saying that none of our players like Lennon and that they have had a bust up with him.

They're right obviously. That's why 5 or 6 of our players have signed contract extensions. Muppets.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    So patronising from King Loser Levein. Imagine your boss coming out with a statement like that in public, saying you aren't yet up to the job.

It's no wonder Levein picks rookie managers to work alongside. No one else with any self respect or knowledge of football would choose to even contemplate working with this failure of a man. And well he knows it. The good thing is he is doing them a lot of harm.

30 plus years in football and nothing to show for it. He really should be bestowed the title 'Medals' from his old pal Gary. Who at least can claim to having won FA only as a player, not as a manager...
    Last edited by Baader; 31-05-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    So patronising from King Loser Levein. Imagine your boss coming out with a statement like that in public, saying you aren't yet up to the job.

It's no wonder Levein picks rookie managers to work alongside. No one else with any self respect or knowledge of football would choose to even contemplate working with this failure of a man. And well he knows it. The good thing is he is doing them a lot of harm.

30 plus years in football and nothing to show for it. He really should be bestowed the title 'Medals' from his old pal Gary. Who at least can claim to having won FA only as a player, not as a manager...
    Heart of Midlothian have a weak, loser mentality from top to bottom. They are the soft touch of Scottish football. From Budge who doesn't understand the passion of football, to choir boy Cathro, to their fund raising bbq's and bake sales, to the powder puff performances on the park to the library atmosphere in the stands the whole club is a wet, pink mess. Wont be long before swearing is banned and Scott Wilson is made to make the team run out to Adele songs. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post

"Meddles" more like.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Heart of Midlothian have a weak, loser mentality from top to bottom. They are the soft touch of Scottish football. From Budge who doesn't understand the passion of football, to choir boy Cathro, to their fund raising bbq's and bake sales, to the powder puff performances on the park to the library atmosphere in the stands the whole club is a wet, pink mess. Wont be long before swearing is banned and Scott Wilson is made to make the team run out to Adele songs. Long may it continue.
    Rolling in the deep would be apt

They think Budge the turkey neck saved them, it looking more likely she will ruin them. But at least they have the biggest glass wall and will sell chips...

Panic over lads
    Great news. That's put a spring in my step this morning. It's only fair to let the laddie develop his brand to it's natural conclusion.

Make the most of it, fellow Hibbies!

Today's Daily Mail. If somebody could put up a link there is a good Q & A article with Levein that asks some direct questions and get some answers that are unlikely to get their fan base excited.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Panic over lads

Rangers play a different style of football to other teams 🤔

Am I missing something here

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    Rangers play a different style of football to other teams 🤔

Am I missing something here
    I think he meant" football song"

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Levein's interview is confusing me.

Cathro is 100% confident in his work and even stronger than he thought he was.

Maybe Levein is just jealous?

The only positive for the Yams at the moment is the signing of Berra .... not because he is brilliant, but he has played at a good level for the last few years and theoretically shouldn't find the forwards in the Premiership any tougher than he has faced down south. Having said that, he must have been known to every manager in the EFL and there doesn't appear to have been much competition for his signature ... even if he did want to return to Edinburgh money talks, especially when you are at the arse end of your career, but it doesn't appear to have been talking to him, I wonder why?

What is barmy is that if you check out Sickbag a lot of them appear to genuinely think that they still follow a club that can afford to spend £500,000 on players .... I've seen a player from Aberdeen and Boyce from Ross County both mentioned in the 'we could get him for as little as half a million' category. In an environment where they are baking cakes and painting faces to fit out a stand with a 3 million quid funding gap the fact that they still talk like this says everything about how delusional they still are.

After two car crash transfer windows and players wanting to leave they practically need to build a whole team, chuck in a manager who needs to hit the ground running next season in order to stop the natives from getting even more restless and it all looks so much like the position we were in in the two years up to getting relegated

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Hearts looking set to lose their two top goal scorers from last season. Same thing happened to us during the summer before the 2013-14 season

Left by mutual consent!
    Panic over lads

"His early experiences have been about understanding that part of it.
    Once he deals with that part of it I think it will allow his coaching abilities to come to the fore."
    The bit in red...I find it mind-boggling that Levein seems to think it's acceptable that a manager would not actually understand the simple fact that the opposition won't just stand aside and let you play. He speaks about Cathro as though he really is nothing more than a computer geek who forget to factor in the fact there's another team on the park (as well as goalposts).