hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Levein won't take any responsibility and will blame St Mirren.
    Or Graeme Hogg

2. Log in to remove the advert

"There's no drama, no chaos, no turmoil," he said

Cool by me, carry on as you are, Ian - I'm backing you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I figure he just walks about shouting out "Mmmbop" most days.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Cathro on 'STV New at Six' just now

'There's an awful lot of people who want to see us fail right now'

There are a lot of people who want Hearts to fail but unless all of these people somehow physically set foot on the pich to play against Hearts, WTF DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE ??. Are the goals against Hearts being scored by some 'Telekinetic-Force' emanating from a lot of people's bad thoughts ??
    "If there were no goal-posts and going toe-to-toe counted as wins and if we had drawn (therefore won) all the games in which we had lost and Dr Strange wasn't using his Multi-Dimensional Chi bending powers to alter the universe in which we are winning then we'd be, OK. So, yes, It's ok, no drama."

I kind of think Cathro and Mcphee are acting as mindfulness coaches with a mantra of 'be strong' 'win' 'stand tall' 'onto the next game' etc etc etc. I can imagine them lighting incense and candles and getting the squad to chant along with them while Potter sits in his office picking the team.

glory glory

With the way he talks and the way his team plays, I'm not sure that he treats it like a competitive sport.

He can be as technical as he wants but I genuinely didn't think he understands the game. He's not a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    With the way he talks and the way his team plays, I'm not sure that he treats it like a competitive sport.

He can be as technical as he wants but I genuinely didn't think he understands the game. He's not a manager.
    He thinks he can be a manager but behaves like the coach. He looks to have no man management skills and is just confusing the players making an already pretty poor squad look clueless.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Please let them scrape a win tomorrow. A defeat could signal the end for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    Utterly bizarre.

Blog Entries
    Copied and pasted from a KB thread and yet again it illustrates the guy's inability to speak normally. A bit harsh to criticise someone's inadequacies but it's fair game because he is trying to give the impression that he is articulate, when in fact he is the opposite.

Ian Cathro says there are people willing him to fail at Hearts as he assured supporters he shares their anger and frustration over recent results.

Hearts have only won one of their last nine games and face Dundee on Saturday hoping to reverse a bad run of form.

Results have been mixed since Cathro's appointment in December, with many questioning if he job was too big for someone stepping up to head coach for the first time.

He said some people actively wanted him and the team to fail but it did not add to any pressure he feels.

"I don't want to be the person who says whether that is fair or unfair," he said.

"What I think is fair for me to say is I think just now there are more people than normal that are keen to see this club lose, or let's say not win.

"We can all imagine what the factors are in that."

He added: "I think what I'd say to back that up is that if they're choosing to do that, they're probably choosing the wrong people.

"I sit here as a strong person very ready to deal with this to whatever extent or for as long as people choose.

"Fine. No problem with that and no stress."

Cathro said he felt anger at the team's position but only because he did not want to let down fans of the club.

"[These critics] are also dealing with what is probably one of the most strong, powerful, passionate groups of supporters in Britain, when you look at the darker moments and how the supporters have rallied with everything the club needed," he said.

"In relation to the incredible support that this club has, that's the area where I understand and share the disappointment and frustration for not having been able to allow them to look forward with excitement.

"That's the bit that gives me anger and upset. The extra upset that throws some stones in my direction doesn't give me anything whatsoever. That just reminds me that we're strong and we're together."

Though accepting the scrutiny that comes with a losing run, the head coach also insisted any talk of an unhappy camp was far off the mark and that there was no discord between players or coaching staff.

"There's no drama, no chaos, no turmoil," he said.

"None of these things that people like to create the sense that exists because we're not doing well.

"The true thing is that we've had poor results. Everything else isn't true. There's no nonsense. All there is is poor results and that's the only thing that needs addressed.

"We'll do that collectively and we'll do it with and for everybody that loves this club."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Copied and pasted from a KB thread and yet again it illustrates the guy's inability to speak normally. A bit harsh to criticise someone's inadequacies but it's fair game because he is trying to give the impression that he is articulate, when in fact he is the opposite.

Ian Cathro says there are people willing him to fail at Hearts as he assured supporters he shares their anger and frustration over recent results.

Hearts have only won one of their last nine games and face Dundee on Saturday hoping to reverse a bad run of form.

Results have been mixed since Cathro's appointment in December, with many questioning if he job was too big for someone stepping up to head coach for the first time.

He said some people actively wanted him and the team to fail but it did not add to any pressure he feels.

"I don't want to be the person who says whether that is fair or unfair," he said.

"What I think is fair for me to say is I think just now there are more people than normal that are keen to see this club lose, or let's say not win.

He added: "I think what I'd say to back that up is that if they're choosing to do that, they're probably choosing the wrong people.

"I sit here as a strong person very ready to deal with this to whatever extent or for as long as people choose.

Cathro said he felt anger at the team's position but only because he did not want to let down fans of the club.

"[These critics] are also dealing with what is probably one of the most strong, powerful, passionate groups of supporters in Britain, when you look at the darker moments and how the supporters have rallied with everything the club needed," he said.

"In relation to the incredible support that this club has, that's the area where I understand and share the disappointment and frustration for not having been able to allow them to look forward with excitement.

"That's the bit that gives me anger and upset. The extra upset that throws some stones in my direction doesn't give me anything whatsoever. That just reminds me that we're strong and we're together."

Though accepting the scrutiny that comes with a losing run, the head coach also insisted any talk of an unhappy camp was far off the mark and that there was no discord between players or coaching staff.

"None of these things that people like to create the sense that exists because we're not doing well.

"The true thing is that we've had poor results. Everything else isn't true. There's no nonsense. All there is is poor results and that's the only thing that needs addressed.

"We'll do that collectively and we'll do it with and for everybody that loves this club."
    On a par with Malofeev.

At least he had an excuse in that English wasn't his first language!

This guy's comedy gold. I hope he sticks around a bit longer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    On a par with Malofeev.

At least he had an excuse in that English wasn't his first language!

This guy's comedy gold. I hope he sticks around a bit longer.
    ............ well not too long, 'cos, by the law of averages, they'll start winning the odd game again. I want to see him retire 'defeated'.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    "All there is is poor results and that's the only thing that needs addressed."

Genius.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Can Hearts still finish in the bottom 6?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Can Hearts still finish in the bottom 6?
    No. 7 points ahead, 2 games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post

That's about as blatant a desperate attempt at buttering up the fans with nice words about them as I've ever seen.

He'd have been as well just saying 'please like me' and getting it over and done with. But Cathro never uses 1 word when 32 will do.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Best.

Hearts.

Manager.

Ever.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Saw this on twitter, haven't checked its accuracy:

Points won by top six teams since Ian Cathro appointment: Celtic 60, Aberdeen 43, Rangers 32, Saints 30, Partick Thistle 28, Hearts 19.

Cathro
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

He's doing a magnificent job

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Long may it continue, I say

Any post match interview yet?

Left by mutual consent!
    Former Hearts player Allan Preston on Radio Scotland: "That was absolute mediocrity from Hearts. They are dropping down the league like a hot brick and something has to change because the Hearts fans are getting short-changed. The club has gone backwards at a dramatic rate and the recruitment has been horrendous.Can Ian Cathro get it back? I don't think so. I think we are beyond the point of no return with Ian Cathro. This is a rip-up job and start again."

and also from this afternoon's radio coverage.."
    This wasn't how it was supposed to end. Hearts players re-emerge from the dressing room wearing T-shirts thanking the fans for their support throughout the season. But barely 1,000 are left to acknowledge the players.Head coach Ian Cathro comes out after the players, takes a few tentative steps onto the pitch, gets booed, and thinks better of it."

We really, really need this guy to stay in charge

Last edited by G B Young; 07-05-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Another rambling incomprehensible post match interview on Sportsound today.
    Himself and players apparently came back out onto pitch after final whistle to thank the fans. Report was there was lucky to be 1000-1500 that stayed behind to say thanks and wave goodbye to the old stand.

Highlights (?) of the interview:
    - I'm confident in my own ability.
    - Nothing will dent his confidence or change his way of working.
    - He is apparently going to work with the current players to make them better and stronger.

Ian. A word of advice son. You cannot pollsh a turd!! No matter how hard you try.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Saw this on twitter, haven't checked its accuracy:

Points won by top six teams since Ian Cathro appointment: Celtic 60, Aberdeen 43, Rangers 32, Saints 30, Partick Thistle 28, Hearts 19.

Cathro
    I don't know the answer but I bet his points total isn't much better, or in fact worse, than the bottom 6 teams

This is what the table looks like since since Cathro took charge

1) Celtic 51
    2) Aberdeen FC 40
    3) Rangers FC 32
    4) St. Johnstone FC 30
    5) Partick Thistle FC 28
    6) Ross County FC 23
    7) Kilmarnock FC 21
    8) Dundee FC 21
    9) Heart of Midlothian FC 19
    10) Motherwell FC 17
    11) Hamilton Academical FC 17
    12) Inverness Caledonian Thistle 14

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    And all in advance of season ticket sales going ahead. Very pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

1) Celtic 51
    2) Aberdeen FC 40
    3) Rangers FC 32
    4) St. Johnstone FC 30
    5) Partick Thistle FC 28
    6) Ross County FC 23
    7) Kilmarnock FC 21
    8) Dundee FC 21
    10) Motherwell FC 17

That looks brilliant. Can't wait for the bookies to release the 'to finish bottom 6' odds for next season. There's a killing to made betting on Hearts.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    Another rambling incomprehensible post match interview on Sportsound today.
    Himself and players apparently came back out onto pitch after final whistle to thank the fans. Report was there was lucky to be 1000-1500 that stayed behind to say thanks and wave goodbye to the old stand.

Highlights (?) of the interview:
    - I'm confident in my own ability.
    - Nothing will dent his confidence or change his way of working.
    - He is apparently going to work with the current players to make them better and stronger.

Ian. A word of advice son. You cannot pollsh a turd!! No matter how hard you try.
    He sounds like his voice is still breaking.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

1) Celtic 51
    2) Aberdeen FC 40
    3) Rangers FC 32
    4) St. Johnstone FC 30
    5) Partick Thistle FC 28
    6) Ross County FC 23
    7) Kilmarnock FC 21
    8) Dundee FC 21
    10) Motherwell FC 17

Were a few of his wins not against 10 men as well?

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Were a few of his wins not against 10 men as well?
    And there's probably 19 penalties in there.