hibs.net Messageboard

Irish grand national

Ucello conti for me, i bet the aintree winner one for arthur so going for the double, the trainer Elliot has had a brilliant season so far, 20/1 with bet 365. Monday 17th april the race is

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not sure Ucello Conti will stay in beyond the next set of declarations, very unusual for a horse to run in both the English and Irish Nationals in the space of a week or so. I'd certainly take the 20s if you can get non runner money back though.

Noble Endeavor is tempting at the weights, 3 lengths or so 3rd in the Ultima and 11lbs better off this time out.

Seeyouatmidnight is also tempting at 33s after his 3rd at Ayr last year and he had a decent prep run at Kelso a couple of weeks back, 2nd but giving away 17lbs . I think the 3m5f suits better than 4m plus as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I see another old favourite of mine, Holywell, has been retired. Not been the same horse that he was 3 years ago when he beat Don Cossack, Many Clouds etc at Aintree, but deserves a good retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure Ucello Conti will stay in beyond the next set of declarations, very unusual for a horse to run in both the English and Irish Nationals in the space of a week or so. I'd certainly take the 20s if you can get non runner money back though.

Noble Endeavor is tempting at the weights, 3 lengths or so 3rd in the Ultima and 11lbs better off this time out.

Seeyouatmidnight is also tempting at 33s after his 3rd at Ayr last year and he had a decent prep run at Kelso a couple of weeks back, 2nd but giving away 17lbs . I think the 3m5f suits better than 4m plus as well.
    The favorite is short at Fairyhouse but looks a good bet off a low weight. Lightly raced but good form.

Seeyouatmidnight ruled out of this and the Scottish National I read this morning online.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I see another old favourite of mine, Holywell, has been retired. Not been the same horse that he was 3 years ago when he beat Don Cossack, Many Clouds etc at Aintree, but deserves a good retirement.
    Off to live with Richie Mclernon. Glad to see them do the right thing by him as he really didn't look like he was enjoying it anymore last couple of times out.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    The favorite is short at Fairyhouse but looks a good bet off a low weight. Lightly raced but good form.

Seeyouatmidnight ruled out of this and the Scottish National I read this morning online.
    Our Duke justifies favoritism with a very good performance. I went with Bless The Wings who ran well to finish second.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Our Duke justifies favoritism with a very good performance. I went with Bless The Wings who ran well to finish second.
    Your horse ran a great race actually, but you'd never of known it because that Irish commentator is hopeless. He seems to commentate on all the big Irish races and he misses out nearly every horse that falls or pulls up, and sounds like he's half way through his lunch too. He's almost as bad as Derek Thompson and I thought that was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Your horse ran a great race actually, but you'd never of known it because that Irish commentator is hopeless. He seems to commentate on all the big Irish races and he misses out nearly every horse that falls or pulls up, and sounds like he's half way through his lunch too. He's almost as bad as Derek Thompson and I thought that was impossible.
    Your spot on. I struggled to see my horse early on and didn't realise he was still running until about 5 out when he was first mentioned.