hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stevenson

Hybrid View

Stevenson

Cup winning sentiment aside If we have any ambition about finishing top 4 next season he can't be our regular left back. He gives 110% yes, but he can't put in a cross, beat a man, or has any real pace.

The top teams in the SPL all have full backs with genuine attacking threat (Tierny, Shinnie, Wallace, Patterson, Tavanier). Stevenson offers us nothing. Time for Lennon to be ruthless and get rid.09

Offers nothing? He's played under countless managers and if he genuinely offered nothing he'd have been punted years ago.
    He's no Dani alves but a decent enough full back.

Left by mutual consent!
    When will the anti 'Stevenson' mob give up - thankfully, a long line of previous and current managers know better than them !

Quote Originally Posted by PiemanP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cup winning sentiment aside If we have any ambition about finishing top 4 next season he can't be our regular left back. He gives 110% yes, but he can't put in a cross, beat a man, or has any real pace.

The top teams in the SPL all have full backs with genuine attacking threat (Tierny, Shinnie, Wallace, Patterson, Tavanier). Stevenson offers us nothing. Time for Lennon to be ruthless and get rid.09
    Shinnie plays in midfield and Tavernier is garbage. Stevenson's been one of our best players this years. Have a word.

Quote Originally Posted by zolliehibs View Post
    Shinnie plays in midfield and Tavernier is garbage. Stevenson's been one of our best players this years. Have a word.
    He is on about his brother at Aberdeen.

Ggtth

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    He is on about his brother at Aberdeen.

Ggtth
    who also plays midfield almost every game

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    who also plays midfield almost every game
    Are you sure,his best position is LB I'm sure they had him at mid because of injuries but now LB?

I could be wrong just what's Aberdeen friends have said?

Ggtth

Are you sure,his best position is LB I'm sure they had him at mid because of injuries but now LB?

Ggtth
    Thought Considine had been their regular left back for quite a while.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Ggtth
    yip played there for well over a year now im sure

Being deadly serious, I think that is the last position we need to look at.

Goalkeeper - Marciano away come end of seasons. Needs looked at.

Right back - gray has faded imo and this needs looked at in the summer. Efe also leaves us.

Centre back - comfortable with Hanlon, Mcgregor and fontaine

Midfield - need to add more goals, pace and players with that extra dimension who have a real desire to score and get on the end of crosses. Really important.

Strikers - another couple who had pace and goals. Needs looked at

**** off! That is all.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    **** off! That is all.
    i second this motion

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar

Fullback is the least of our problems.
    You also cannot type or spell.
    Maybe we should be ruthless and get rid of you?

I know it's not nice to be rude but away and sit on yer erse ya banger.........

Tavanier (or however it's spelt) - identified before the cup final as unable to defend and dismantled by Stokes
    Paterson - off to England as soon as he regains his fitness
    Wallace -

You sir are an eejit - enjoy your next game watching from the Shed........

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    You are of course entitled to your opinion. In my opinion though that's a ****ing lot of rubbish.

We have nobody who can cross a ball and McGinn (beat a man) and Boyle (pace) are the only real threats set up wise.

The thought occurs that maybe having some players in the attacking positions who can do the forward minded tasks well is more of a pressing need than addressing the fact that our very decent left back is not a great exponent of total football.

Just a thought mind....

Why with as much experience and first team football behind d him and so many years as a full time players has he not improved his crossing ability ..he must still have about a 10% success rate in putting GI a telling cross or final ball. Also he just doesn't play an early ball if you watch him he rather than put a ball into the area for the player to move onto it, he waits until the player moves in and is waiting, it's a part of the fact that he slows the game down too often. In saying that he does give us an attacking option if his quality could be improved, there would be little to complain about with him as his attitude is spot on.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Crosses from LS have improved massively IMO. There's just never anybody in the box to get on the end of them because Holt things he's a winger whenever we are in decent wide positions.

@hibs.net private member
    His final ball wasn't great yesterday but he was solid at the back as usual. I just don't get this anti Stevenson section of the Hibs support. He is as reliable a FB your going to get in Scottish football for a couple grand a week.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    In the last half dozen games, Stevenson has put a number of cracking crosses in. We have failed to do anything with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    In the last half dozen games, Stevenson has put a number of cracking crosses in. We have failed to do anything with them.

Yep I agree. Wednesday night he swung a great ball in for Graham that he headed just wide. It's become another fact amongst the support now, it's an easy moan for some

Wallace who can't defend as seen last week when Fraser ****ing Aird gave him the run around before LS easily had him in his pocket. Paterson still thinks he's a centre forward so neglects his defensive duties, and Tavernier has had to be played at right midfield as time and again he gets ripped for arse paper. I'm not even going to answer on Shinnie as you clearly know **** all. To say he lacks pace is absolutely hilarious.

You're only as good as your weakest player.

At the moment he's miles away from being our weakest link.

However at a point in the future I would love a left back that would constantly bomb up and down the left wing and score goals. However these players are rare breeds.

I would hate it if we got rid of Stevenson to then replace him with a Clancy type player.

Only when he stops playing for us will we realise just how consistant and reliable he is. Class Player, Hibs Legend.

"There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Stevenson is the least of our problems. The guy is a very solid full back who never gets injured. He is very good value for money.

Agree in part with the OP. We need better full backs if we are to improve. It should have been identified by Lennon last summer and Gray and Stevenson's delivery has been an issue for two years now. Where I disagree with the OP is that I don't think we should 'get rid' of either of them, but they should be back up IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Agree in part with the OP. We need better full backs if we are to improve. It should have been identified by Lennon last summer and Gray and Stevenson's delivery has been an issue for two years now. Where I disagree with the OP is that I don't think we should 'get rid' of either of them, but they should be back up IMO.
    There is already going to be massive changes in the summer in midfield and up front. A bit of stability at the back would be a good thing I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    There is already going to be massive changes in the summer in midfield and up front. A bit of stability at the back would be a good thing I think.

There'll definitely be a lot of changes up front, I'd certainly hope so, but I'm not so sure about midfield. I'd keep Marciano, Hanlon, McGregor/Ambrose (if we can keep him) in the starting 11 to ensure some continuity. If we persevere with Gray and Stevenson we'll be having the same discussions next year about dominating games but not scoring enough.

Credit where it's due though, I thought Stevenson was MOTM against Morton. No idea how he played yesterday though.

Thought Lewis was decent yesterday.