hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Probably quite well from the stand

2. Log in to remove the advert

Any Hibs fan that wants Neil Lennon, a soon-to-be Championship (and potentially Scottish Cup) winning Hibs manager to resign/be sacked in the summer is a damn fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but if we don't win another game then we will be caught.

The amount of draws is ridiculous.
    I agree with your second point but not your first. We won't be caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibstrooper View Post
    Just my feeling but I feel the exact opposite. If there are any Hibs fans against Lennon the they are in the minority and I don't think any bandwagon is gaining momentum. Anyone not supporting Lennon just now is just daft (and counter productive) as we look to confirm our place in the top division.

I think Lennon recognises the flaws in the team but is managing them well to get over the line. He will be here next season and I reckon we will see quite a different team.
    I'm firmly in the pro Lennon camp and will be delighted if he is here for a good few years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Possibly the uninspiring football is why he want the focus to be elsewhere.
    FFS

What a crock o s***

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    We cant keep blaming the refs. The truth is we have a number of players who are not good enough to turn all these draws in to wins
    Yeah we all know that, but the performance of referees and linesman in this league is absolutely shocking, which doesn't help. We constantly get kicked off the park without repercussion, but the first dubious challenge by one of our players results in a booking.
    Couple that with the penalty shouts we've had ignored and we could have been further ahead.

He is superb and exactly what we needed big ups all involved in selling us to him and getting him on board and fek me he is on boardWinner and fighter and you do not get one without the other

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    I know, sorry.

But I seriously don't even know what to shout at some of these theatrical clowns anymore.! Their 'decision making' leaves me genuinely open mouthed and speechless. Never seen anything like it. They've actually worn me down.
    Agreed. At so many games this season, I've come to understand why Basil Faulty could be reduced to thrashing his car with a branch 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Did anyone else notice the referee left the ball on the pitch at full time ? Couldn't even get that right.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Not really sure what you mean by not supporting him but I'd be quite happy if he left tomorrow.

I'm not suggesting we should sack him but I've got big concerns about the amount of goals we score.

If that makes me daft then so be it.
    Strongly disagree with you all about opinions but he has almost completed was stubbs failed to do twice...if u remember we finished 3rd last year....he deserves a shot in the Prem imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Did anyone else notice the referee left the ball on the pitch at full time ? Couldn't even get that right.
    Yup

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenwich_Hibby View Post
    Totally - dreadful football all season- think he needs to concentrate on what he's paid to do.....do I think it will get better next year? No - poor manager who wont have a war-chest to bail out his tactical deficiencies....
    Like for example, getting us promoted?

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    His job this season was to get us out of this division. He has nearly completed that task.
    End of thread. That's it. Nothing more.

I find it very hard to believe someone who goes every week could honestly think we've played dreadful football all season. It has not been pretty at times, that is for sure, but we have also played some brilliant stuff and scored some excellent goals. We're much harder to beat than we have been since I've started watching Hibs. 3 home games to go, a semi final and 2 big away trips. Get right behind Lennon and his team, this season could end very well indeed.

Lennon will get us up - no doubt. But we have been very poor in far too many games this season. He was the perfect manager for the job at hand. But make no mistake we are playing so bloody awful football that is ignored as we are winning a poor league.

Thank god a manager saying it as it is. Ref was utter pish today and not just for us. If these are the refs for the future then bring back the Maltese guys (were they from Malta?).

@hibs.net private member
    The ref was poor but Stevenson was a good deal more than a yard away in the pen incident from what I saw and I thought we were relatively poor in the first half albeit the better side.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    Thank god a manager saying it as it is. Ref was utter pish today and not just for us. If these are the refs for the future then bring back the Maltese guys (were they from Malta?).
    I couldn't make the game today for family reasons but from what I've read the match officials were rank rotten. I like the fact Lenny says it as it is and how he took on the press after the Morton game. Fair play to Lenny for his honest approach. I'd love him to stay next year post promotion.

glory glory

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    You've posted this nonsense before, so can you back it with any proof or is just anti Lennon crap?
    How do you prove or disprove a possibility?

Somebody else mentioned an ''anti-Lennon bandwagon'', people ''wanting him sacked'' etc, I'm not aware of ANYONE calling for him to be sacked, there is no bandwagon, no ''Lennon-haters''.

Closing down debate by applying such labels as 'anti-Lennon' etc doesn't serve much purpose to me.

Mcgeoch booking aside I didn't think the ref was too bad today. If the boot was on the other foot we'd all be screaming for a pen too - ball was basically fired at Stevenson's face but his hands wee raised.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Got a lot of time for Lennon as our manager, sticks up for the club and clearly has the passion. There is no getting away from the fact that we have played pretty crap football for the majority of the season though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Neil hung up his boots years ago. He can only utilise the players in the squad he has got.
    Can't argue with what you say, however he took our team at the start of the season that was playing good attractive attacking football ( Bronby home and away comes to mind) and has transformed it into what it is now to watch.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This. The referees decision should have been irrelevant today. We are playing against garbage. If we could score goals it wouldn't be an issue. It's poor, poor stuff.
    Your right to an extent but every decision that the ref or linesman makes impacts on the game. Ie: if a centre half gets away with holding a forward stopping them from jumping or moving, early on they do it all the time it stops the forward from influencing the game, likewise if everytime a midfielder breaks with the ball and gets pulled back or brought down it stops the flow of the move, disrupts the game and influences the game, these things are happening week in and week out and refs are doing nothing about it ..today was no different and if you add the fact that almost any co tact with a Hibs player making a challenge and he gave them free kicks ..not so keen when it was on our players. If the challenge on Cummings had been at any other time that was a penalty !!
    Having said all of that he didn't influence thee sitter Graham missed nor the fact Cummings didn't stick his foot in to knock in the cut back by Graham, or our players missed great heading chances, or Lewis did his usual and in a fantastic position ballooned a cross to the corner flag. The penalty he eventually gave, epitomised his totally inept and poor decision making performance so like in every other game, where they absolutely do make a difference in the game, especially with ourselves as we seem to get targeted by teams who will do anything to disrupt us from playing.
    I am not naive enough to blame refs for some woeful performances from is but think we suffer more than anyone from bad decision-making and just very poor refereeing and linesman decisions or non decisions.

First Team Breakthrough hibsitis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    FFS

What a crock o s***
    Why?

The mark of a good manager is that he outperforms his budget. By what criteria should we judge Lennon?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsitis View Post
    Why?

The mark of a good manager is that he outperforms his budget. By what criteria should we judge Lennon?
    Winning the league is his one and only objective for this season so let's judge him on that

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Equally theres no rule says it has to be pretty either.
    What would your preference be? Saying you don't care as as we go up doesn't cut it because if we can't play decent football in this league it doesn't fill me with confidence for the future. Nor does his posturing to deflect attention from or woeful performances.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Winning the league is his one and only objective for this season so let's judge him on that
    With a budget probably 5 times Jim Duffy's that's kind of the minimum we should expect! We should judge Lennon on the style in which it's achieved to have any guide for how he's likely to perform next season.

@hibs.net private member
    With a budget probably 5 times Jim Duffy's that's kind of the minimum we should expect! We should judge Lennon on the style in which it's achieved to have any guide for how he's likely to perform next season.
    You judge him on "style" all you want. I'm happy to judge him on meeting what he set out to do from the start of the season

Judge him on style? Are you on drugs or what? Style points are for ice dancing or in the diving pool. Judgement for Hibs this season confined to winning the league. Nowt else.

And another thing, how do you define 'outperforming a budget'? If you mean Celtic should win the league, the huns second, hertz third, we're fourth etc etc etc, what the point of playing the games? All you'd need to do is count up the money at the start of the season and hand out the trophy to the team with the most cash. In those circumstances there would be no outperforming a budget. So, if Hibs finished third would we be outperforming or would hertz be under-performing?

Why?

Delivery of primary objective. When he delivers this and I have every confidence he will that is what he will be judged on, that achievement.